Post Debate Discussion

Where is Sarah Palin, the pitbull with lipstick???

Biden is all over the cable shows, defending his boss.

Why is the GOP still hiding Palin? Don't they even trust her to get out there, mix it up, and defend her own boss??

And if you want to know where the pitbull with lipstick is?

Busy being getting Spayed and Neutered. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Booooringggggg

I don't buy for a minute that only lehr knew the questions.
I want to see a debate where they toss a coin and the winner speaks on any topic he chooses for two minutes. The other guy gets a minute to respond then they switch off.

The moderators job is to cut the mike at either 60 or 120 seconds.

oh no! not that paranoid stuff again.

I found a Kissinger link...

Quote:

9/16/08

Yesterday five former American secretaries of state including Republicans Henry Kissinger, Colin Powell, and James Baker all reaffirmed their support for direct talks with Iran. Kissinger went as far as to say that there must be high-level talks with the Iranians “without conditions.”

Secretaries of State Agree that We Must Talk to Iran | National Security Network

Sorry if this is not the first link - this is a long thread...

-Joe

I find it interesting that when Brian Williams asked Sarah Palin for an opinion she replied, "No Comment".

Ain't livin' in the USA special!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_boohoo::clap2:

Last edited:
Obama looked calmer and more re-assuring. I agree that McCain's body language was uncomfortable. My wife also pointed out that he never looked at Obama.
It could be a fear reaction left over from his days in Vietnam.

I found a Kissinger link...

Quote:

9/16/08

Yesterday five former American secretaries of state including Republicans Henry Kissinger, Colin Powell, and James Baker all reaffirmed their support for direct talks with Iran. Kissinger went as far as to say that there must be high-level talks with the Iranians “without conditions.”

Secretaries of State Agree that We Must Talk to Iran | National Security Network

Sorry if this is not the first link - this is a long thread...

-Joe

Thanks. I knew that Obama had done his homework. Now, not only does McPain look stupid, Kissinger looks like a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
Booooringggggg

I don't buy for a minute that only lehr knew the questions.
I want to see a debate where they toss a coin and the winner speaks on any topic he chooses for two minutes. The other guy gets a minute to respond then they switch off.

The moderators job is to cut the mike at either 60 or 120 seconds.
oh no! not that paranoid stuff again.

It's only paranoid if you think someones out to get you. Technically it is a conspiriacy theory.
icon_rofl.gif

To me it was obviously preset talking points by both candidates. Using my suggested format we can eliminate a lot of that.

I didn't realize until now that my suggestion actually has a format called Lincoln-Douglas.

From Wiki (emphasis added to make my desired point):

"Lincoln Douglas does not require vast amounts of statistics or other empirical data (though many claims made in a round often do demand or are strengthened by such real-world evidence); rather, it is premised on logical analysis and argumentation developed mainly by the individual debater and his/her coach, with an emphasis on rhetorical/persuasive skills. It also differs from policy in that the focus of LD is generally on values and more abstract philosophical principles."

A specific Q&A would be more appropriate after the groundwork is layed by the above.

Forum List

Back