Post debate bounce?

Exactly how I feel.. Political landscapes don't exactly get turned upside down from VP debates.

His role was to be the pitbull and kill momentum. This is obvious to MOST of us. We have seen him more subdued in debate before.

He played the good soldier and nothing more.
"Don't sway voters, be a bandage."

Its stunning to see the turn around in the polls for Romney after just one debate. I had concluded the election was over 6 months ago based on the polling and still felt that way the day before the first debate. I thought the debates would have no effect either way. Surprisingly Romney knocked it out of the park. According to RCP, Romney took his first lead EVER in the average of polls over Obama starting October 9 and continuing to today. Very surprising. I'm thinking the VP debate won't have much effect, but we really won't know for a few days then we have the last two debates on the 16th and the 22nd. I suppose things could easily shift again, but we may be locked in now for a very close election.

Predictions? Romney bounce? Obama? None?

The 1st debate changed the tone of the election, and clearly gave Romney a much needed bounce. I'm thinking no bounce from the VP debate, but Romney will have stopped gaining ground.

I see it the same way plus there is another Presidential debate next week and ever one's focus will soon be there is it's not already.

The 1st debate changed the tone of the election, and clearly gave Romney a much needed bounce. I'm thinking no bounce from the VP debate, but Romney will have stopped gaining ground.

Polling shows he stopped gaining ground before the debate. If O can make it a real debate on Tuesday, this is as close as Romney gets.

Polling shows he stopped gaining ground before the debate. If O can make it a real debate on Tuesday, this is as close as Romney gets.

What polling? Romney probably had his best day of polling today since last year. Maybe ever.

If nothing changes from today, Romney has an excellant chance of winning the election. Prior to the first debate, it looked nearly impossible for him to have a chance of winning. The past four days of polling averages on RCP have had Romney in the lead. Romney was NEVER in the lead even for a single day prior to the first debate!

Too soon to call, but this article brings attention for thoughtful discussion.

SNIP:

The vice presidential debate provided a test case about the way Americans think about civility. In terms of substance, both Vice President Biden and Paul Ryan had their moments of strength. Ryan was strong on foreign policy, while Biden squirmed and threw the intelligence community under the bus about administration lies about the Benghazi attack. Biden delivered class warfare body blows about Mitt Romney’s “47 percent” gaffe.

But the main difference between the two wasn’t so much their competing liberal and conservative ideas and arguments. It was the blatant disrespect shown by Biden for his opponent.

SNIP:

"But it is also possible that a lot of those Americans who saw the debate, even those who are Democrats but especially independents and undecided voters, will not think much of a vice president of the United States acting more like a schoolyard bully than a statesman.

Did Biden

Too soon to call, but this article brings attention for thoughtful discussion.

SNIP:

The vice presidential debate provided a test case about the way Americans think about civility. In terms of substance, both Vice President Biden and Paul Ryan had their moments of strength. Ryan was strong on foreign policy, while Biden squirmed and threw the intelligence community under the bus about administration lies about the Benghazi attack. Biden delivered class warfare body blows about Mitt Romney’s “47 percent” gaffe.

But the main difference between the two wasn’t so much their competing liberal and conservative ideas and arguments. It was the blatant disrespect shown by Biden for his opponent.

SNIP:

"But it is also possible that a lot of those Americans who saw the debate, even those who are Democrats but especially independents and undecided voters, will not think much of a vice president of the United States acting more like a schoolyard bully than a statesman.

Did Biden

And a leader who cannot listen to the other side...Isn't this a problem this administration has had for the last four years? How many opportunities were lost when the president could not sit down with opposing leadership and and discuss priorities for this nation?

Instead, he circumvented Congress, ruled by Executive Order and made his own laws, sometimes breaking laws in existence. When there are ideas out there, listen. Work with Congress and all ideas can be put on the table. This president thinks his ideas are the only ideas that count when there are over 500 Congresspeople who would like to be part of the solution. Use them!

But just as demonstrated last night...listening is not a strong point with this administration whether it be Congress, or the American people.

By the time they get one, the next presidential debate will be here. It's on Tuesday. Time to just give it all they've got until election day.

very true. doubt either side get much bounce from vp debate. obama needs to change romney momentium on tuesday. if romney dominates again the election could be over.

President need to turn up big time on tuesday. lots of pressure on him.

Romney now the favourite to win as he leads most national polls now. As a liberal i think election might have changed sadly for good due to octotber 3rd debate in denver.

President has to turn up in new york on tuesday. if romney wins again and wins big then this contest is over.

The bounce will be energized dems who show up to vote for Obama. It may or may not be reflected in the polls. Many Obama supporters and voters are underrepresented in the polls since a good number of them don't have phones, especially not cell phones such as the elderly, the very poor, etc. I think it will be close but Obama will maintain a "hidden" edge not reflected in the polls.

Here's one take;

Lee DeCovnick

Quite a few of my fellow passengers were watching the Great Delaware Boor last night as we cruised at 34,000 feet above the Great Plains on a non-stop from Newark to San Francisco. Here are some totally unscientific observations from the fight.

A very We were seated in the back of of the plane and when I stood up I could see all the little TV's on the seat backs all the way up to the first class curtain. It cost $7.95 to activate the TV for the non-stop flight, so there was a price to see the debates. There were 57 TV's active when the debate started. 39 were watching the debate. After 15 minutes there were 27 watching the debate, and after 30 minutes only 16 were watching. At one hour, only 11 were watching. I overheard several women repeat the words condescending, rude, and impolite in their conversations. If the Democrats had planned to alienate "women," Biden's demeanor was the perfect instrument.

Read more: Blog: A captive audience watching Biden's boorishness

Well that hard to say either way. Both sides can claim they are oversampled the other way in polls.

what polls point to is very close election at the moment that could go either way but sightly edges mitt romney.

in england in our general election we had polls pointing to hung paliment. in the end we got to that result but it was not without drama that for sure.

very true but sometimes he tried to hard and came across as rude sometimes. I am not sure he would have been like that if obama had peformed better previous week.

but no doubt he gave lift to the base at least which is important.

Well that was odd exception. She was so out of her depth that she hurt her ticket unusually. She was so bad that saturday night live were able to make comedy out of words she atucally said from katie courac interview.

But i doubt bar that selection they have much of a impact

Forum List

Back