Post Convention Bounce

When a woman demands that someone else pay for her birth control and abortions and subsidize her promiscuity she has already opened her privacy to the scrutiny of others.
That Romney is using this lie as part of his campaign is a big reason why he is losing.

well, it's certainly a misrepresentation. it's not a discussion that could possibly help him with middle of the road swing votes.

obama has a 50% approval rating among women according to the gallup daily tracking polls.

and gallup and rasmussen (which is generally skewed right) have the president up by 5 points.

most women want to get paid the same as men for the same work.... and most women don't want men telling them what to do with their bodies.

Gallup, Rasmussen: Obama up by 5 points

This article is a day old... Rasmussen has him up by 3 today, dropping 2 in one day..

Gallup stays at +5, but who knows how much of that is intimidation...

IDB/CSM/TIPP has Barry up by 2, which is a sharp drop from their previous poll of Barry up by 7...

Democracy Corp says Barry +2, also a drop from their previous poll of Barry +4...

The bounce is un-bouncing...

well, i'm sure you hope that's true.

i hope it isn't. and i don't expect much change until the debates, if any.

lol at intimidation.

There are somne polls that don't even give you the sampling anymore...

What are they hiding?

I say it'll likely be even again at debate time...

Now that the conventions have passed, it seems clear that the democrats have gotten a bounce from theirs, while the GOP has not.

Why do you think that is? And do you think it's going to be dispositive of the election outcome.

Reminder: This is the CDZ. Thanks for guiding yourself accordingly.... on both sides of the aisle.

Republicans had been more engaged in the political race this year. Democrats didn't have much to engage them en masse until the convention.

Just spotted this article at Bloomberg from this morning...

Obama Gets Post-Convention Bounce Over Romney in Polls

President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney remained in a virtual tie among likely voters in an ABC News/Washington Post poll, though the incumbent opened up a 6-point lead among registered voters following the Democratic and Republican nominating conventions.

Convention Highlights

Separately, a poll released yesterday by the Pew Research Center found former President Bill Clinton’s address was the highlight of the Democratic National Convention, overshadowing Obama’s speech accepting the presidential nomination.

Pew reported that 29 percent of adults who watched the convention identified Clinton’s address as the highlight, compared with 16 percent who picked Obama’s speech and 15 percent who cited first lady Michelle Obama’s remarks to the delegates.

A Pew poll last week found that the highlight of the Republican convention was actor Clint Eastwood’s “dialogue” with an empty chair, followed by Romney’s acceptance speech.

Obama’s acceptance speech was viewed favorably by 60 percent by those who watched it compared with 53 percent of those who tuned in to see Romney, according to the Pew poll.

Obama’s speech reached more people; 43 percent said they watched some or all of the Democratic convention last week, compared with 38 percent who saw some or all of the Republican gathering. Four years ago, 46 percent of adults watched all or some of the Democratic convention and 56 percent saw all or some of the Republican event.

Both nominees received boosts from the convention, with 25 percent saying their opinion of Romney was more favorable following the Republican gathering and 26 percent saying their opinion of Obama was more favorable after the Democratic convention.

Pew’s survey of 1,012 adults was conducted Sept. 7-9, and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6 percentage points.

Obama Gets Post-Convention Bounce Over Romney in Polls - Bloomberg

Most of obama's chances for reelection are out of his hands. Moody's is considering another downgrade, contractor's are getting ready to send out thousands of lay off notices, Germany has indicated concern about our debt if obama is reelected. Not to even mention that his decision on what he will do about Iran and Israel if Iran should make good on its threats against us. There is a hammer ready to come down on obama. He's hoping it will come down after the election and not before. If it comes down before, his chances will be zero. All the social programs in the world won't save him. None of it is under his control either.

There are a bunch of blue states that will go for Obama no matter what. For that to change, something really drastic would have to happen, like he gets caught cheating on Michelle. Absent that, or a negative GDP number for the 3rd qtr, or maybe a really bad gaffe in the upcoming debates, it looks like a close race that Obama is slightly leading right now. And that ssumes Romney doesn't have a major gaffe of his own, or something personal that bites him in the butt.

I suspect Obama's convention bounce will disappear, and it could come down to the debates next month. I think most people have already made up their minds, we'll have to see if that many people decide to change over to the other side going down the stretch.

There are a bunch of blue states that will go for Obama no matter what. For that to change, something really drastic would have to happen, like he gets caught cheating on Michelle. Absent that, or a negative GDP number for the 3rd qtr, or maybe a really bad gaffe in the upcoming debates, it looks like a close race that Obama is slightly leading right now. And that ssumes Romney doesn't have a major gaffe of his own, or something personal that bites him in the butt.

I suspect Obama's convention bounce will disappear, and it could come down to the debates next month. I think most people have already made up their minds, we'll have to see if that many people decide to change over to the other side going down the stretch.

You are correct. Even obama's "lead" is a statistical tie.

Just heard on breaking news, Netanyahu has requested an emergency meeting with obama, and that request was denied. It's starting to not look good.

Just heard on breaking news, Netanyahu has requested an emergency meeting with obama, and that request was denied. It's starting to not look good.

No, it doesn't. Geez, the way things are now it's weird to understand why Obama would do that. Wouldn't that cost him support in the Jewish community, Florida could be flipping to Romney as we speak.

netanyahu should stop running around insulting the president if he wants to be treated nicely.

I think it's really going to come down to turnout in the swing states. Whoever gets the vote out for their side best wins.

No, it doesn't. Geez, the way things are now it's weird to understand why Obama would do that. Wouldn't that cost him support in the Jewish community, Florida could be flipping to Romney as we speak.

you don't understand why?

Earlier on Tuesday, Netanyahu launched an unprecedented verbal attack on the U.S. government over its stance on the Iranian nuclear program.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...u-request-to-meet-with-obama.premium-1.464328

netanyahu should stop running around insulting the president if he wants to be treated nicely.

It's a 2-way street, I thought Obama insulted Netanyahu a few times before.

Now that the conventions have passed, it seems clear that the democrats have gotten a bounce from theirs, while the GOP has not.

Why do you think that is? And do you think it's going to be dispositive of the election outcome.

Reminder: This is the CDZ. Thanks for guiding yourself accordingly.... on both sides of the aisle.

If you think the bounce is great ask those polled are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

Most of obama's chances for reelection are out of his hands. Moody's is considering another downgrade, contractor's are getting ready to send out thousands of lay off notices, Germany has indicated concern about our debt if obama is reelected. Not to even mention that his decision on what he will do about Iran and Israel if Iran should make good on its threats against us. There is a hammer ready to come down on obama. He's hoping it will come down after the election and not before. If it comes down before, his chances will be zero. All the social programs in the world won't save him. None of it is under his control either.

i'd suggest that most of what you're hopiing will happen is wishful thinking.

Actually, if we are attacked before the election, the people will rally around the president and Romney will not be able to say anything derogatory

i'd suggest that most of what you're hopiing will happen is wishful thinking.

Jillian why did you say that? She never suggest that she hoped it would happen, you did.

If you think the bounce is great ask those polled are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

there's another thread in the CDZ on that question.

but of course things are better now... 4 years ago we were bleeding 750,00 jobs a month, the economy was crashed and the banks were failing.

so the next question is... will returning to those same policies that messed up everything in the first place... be good or bad for us.

Forum List

Back