Post any empirical proof of God here

DNA is proof of god? So god made man from DNA and we didn't evolve from earlier life forms? And the bible is the word of god no doubt?
You might as well just say that good weed is proof of god, since someone had to make it. Speaking of which.... I'll be back...
fyi
no, God in the Bible said we were made out of the dust of the earth, like all else living...so we could have evolved, it does not rule this out imo, from my reading of genesis 2.

And the dust of the Earth was more than likely stardust....carbon.

It says it wasn't until water rose in mist/streams from within the earth.... before the dust of the earth mixed with water and life on earth began.

at least this is the reading in genesis 2.

does that disagree with science?

care

You're looking for empirical proof of God's existence correct? Well here is my all time favorite, and by far the most convincing example to date. DNA. That's right DNA. DNA is the CODE that becomes the blueprints for making lifeforms. We know of no Code that is not made by an intelligent source, which means that DNA, being a code, denotes the existence of an intelligence far beyond our own capacity that had the ability to create the dna code and make it work in exactly the way it needs to.
So God designs DNA to give little children leukemia?

:clap2:

You're looking for empirical proof of God's existence correct? Well here is my all time favorite, and by far the most convincing example to date. DNA. That's right DNA. DNA is the CODE that becomes the blueprints for making lifeforms. We know of no Code that is not made by an intelligent source, which means that DNA, being a code, denotes the existence of an intelligence far beyond our own capacity that had the ability to create the dna code and make it work in exactly the way it needs to.

leukemia is not hereditary, is it?

These are:

Autosomal dominant

Familial hypercholesterolemia
Polycystic kidney disease
Huntington disease
Hereditary spherocytosis
Marfan syndrome

Autosomal recessive
Sickle cell anemia
Cystic fibrosis
Tay-Sachs disease
Phenylketonuria
Mucopolysaccharidoses
Glycogen storage diseases
Galactosemia

X-linked
Duchenne muscular dystrophy
Hemophilia

These are:

Autosomal dominant

Familial hypercholesterolemia
Polycystic kidney disease
Huntington disease
Hereditary spherocytosis
Marfan syndrome

Autosomal recessive
Sickle cell anemia
Cystic fibrosis
Tay-Sachs disease
Phenylketonuria
Mucopolysaccharidoses
Glycogen storage diseases
Galactosemia

X-linked
Duchenne muscular dystrophy
Hemophilia
*tumblefuckingweed*

Where'd she go?

The plodding OP has found an old and stale approach to broaching a discussion about the question of the existence of God.

There is no desire to find "proof" that God is the Creator.

There is just the familiar desire to see if a few people will try so that he can entertain himself by using familiar techniqes to "refute" any such effort to answer the "question."

Why he asks a "question" when he comes to the table with a solidly pre-closed mind would be a mystery if we didn't already know the answer. He isn't really "asking" anything.

Some people cannot wrap their minds around the difference between knowledge and faith. But, apparantly, the fact that other people can embrace the difference bothers them.

Fair points. 'Knowledge" is a weird topic though, the more you think about it the more you realise it's a real nest of vipers.

Gettier problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Belief" is a bit easier.

"Faith" is an expression of belief I think.

Anyway no-one can prove God's existence. But that doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

Does it?

Simply not true. Billions of people can prove to themselves that God exists.

Fair points. 'Knowledge" is a weird topic though, the more you think about it the more you realise it's a real nest of vipers.

Gettier problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Belief" is a bit easier.

"Faith" is an expression of belief I think.

Anyway no-one can prove God's existence. But that doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

Does it?

Simply not true. Billions of people can prove to themselves that God exists.

When I mention God's existence I'm referring to objective evidence that amounts to proof. People's beliefs are not objective evidence of the existence of God. However if someone tells me, "I believe in God", then that's sufficient proof for me that the person making that statement believes in God. Unless they're lying of course.

So, I maintain that no-one can prove God's existence. I also maintain that that doesn't mean God doesn't exist. The concept of God as it is understood in most cultures usually refers to some sort of omniscience, so God is able to conceal His existence from humans quite easily. Therefore no-one can prove God's existence unless God allows it.

Forum List

Back