Post A Message to The Future Here.

Quite astonishingly wrong. The GOP did well in the last election, true. But they managed -- even so -- to take just one house of our bicameral legislature. The other house is solidly in the Dim camp, still, as is the Executive Branch.

All that the GOP CAN do (if they manage to stick to their guns) is say NO to the hideous Obama Administration agenda. And the really good news is: it suffices. There is no problem. You are mistaken. Gridlock is good.

Until the original premise of your post is realized (as in when the GOP relieves the Dims of the majority in both houses of our legislative branch AND reclaims the Executive branch), the GOP isn't powerful enough to formulate our national public policies. They cannot single-handedly undo all the crap done by the irresponsible liberal Democratics.

If (other than JUST enough appropriation bills to meet our actual needs) the Congress proves entirely incapable of passing so much as ONE bit of legislation during the next two years, I'm more than happy enough with that. :thup:

threadjacked.gif

(A) No. Responding to another member's post is not "thread jacking."

(B) there is no way to "thread jack" in a thread designated as leaving a message to the future. By definition every post is for the future.

Are you going to check in, periodically, Magoo, as your sabbatical starts to actually require your time and effort?

Or is that too thread jack-y for ya?

:cuckoo:

I actually like the topic, but I just have to think on it awhile. In the meantime, I'll build on what I'm considering that will go straight to your heart:

Dear Survivors of our Apocalypse:

It all started like this, mildly playful drunken silliness, until certain assholes decided to escalate the fun and turn it into all out war. Your assignment is to determine whether it was caused by a nation of drugged up zombies or Obamacare.

togasmash.gif

How do you know that this isnt the future? :lol:

Dear Lady:

I was BORN in the past. Thus, I know for a FACT that THIS is the future! Of course, once our future rolls around, THIS will also be the past. In the interim, now is content to be the present, even if it doesn't last very long.

:)

You two are cute with all this he-ing and she-ing going on!

:eusa_think: Just imagine living when momma's little bastards reach for the stars! I wonder what the difference will be in zero gravity space?

Last edited:

(B) there is no way to "thread jack" in a thread designated as leaving a message to the future. By definition every post is for the future.

Are you going to check in, periodically, Magoo, as your sabbatical starts to actually require your time and effort?

I actually like the topic, but I just have to think on it awhile. In the meantime, I'll build on what I'm considering that will go straight to your heart:

It all started like this, mildly playful drunken silliness, until certain assholes decided to escalate the fun and turn it into all out war. Your assignment is to determine whether it was caused by a nation of drugged up zombies or Obamacare.

togasmash.gif

That was a borderline interesting post, Magoo. Kinda incoherent, but that's ok.

Nice use of the Belushi gif, too.

And, why are you thread jacking?

Does it have something to do with your almost-on-sabbatical sabbatical?

Just wondering... Help me out here folks of the future. Was Barrack Obama really our most fucked-up President or did Jimmy Carter retain that honor? It was a coin toss in our day.

Dear 21rst Century,

My Dad (That's the man whose sperm made me) always told me if I couldn't say anything good about someone or something that I shouldn't say anything at all. So in that vein

Regards,
Bob Fisher

Last edited:

togasmash.gif

We're done at 5PM, so I do get to play--some.

togasmash.gif

Then why the "so long and farewell" thread? :cuckoo:

"Ah, Magoo, you've done it again."

Just wondering... Help me out here folks of the future. Was Barrack Obama really our most fucked-up President or did Jimmy Carter retain that honor? It was a coin toss in our day.

For someone who still can't spell his name right, I wouldn't trust the question if I were some 22nd Century creature. Although it might draw plenty of laughs and shaking heads in dismay.

Because at the time I thought I was going to be sent out of town on tdy, but as it turns out I can do most of the work from home, which is best anyway. It's an editing job, so I wait to get fed pages, and sometimes nothing arrives for hours. And no, I can't say editing what at this point, except to say it's not political. Is that enough explanation?

Because at the time I thought I was going to be sent out of town on tdy, but as it turns out I can do most of the work from home, which is best anyway. It's an editing job, so I wait to get fed pages, and sometimes nothing arrives for hours. And no, I can't say editing what at this point, except to say it's not political. Is that enough explanation?

No. Tell us more. LOTS more.

A few dozen posts to start will serve as a fair intro.

:razz:

Sorry we left you with such a pile of shit but if it's any consolation, we had ourselves one hell of a ride.

PS: It was all the republican's fault especially that goofball Reagan and his supply-side, trickle-down economics bullshit.

Last edited:
Dear Future,

If you study us, please forgive us for our liberals. They probably meant well, but as your review of the nonsense they write will confirm, they were rather quite tragically Stupid. Blind. Ignorant. Often hateful. Ugly. Foul smelling. Dishonest. Misguided. Uneducable. Arrogant. Baselessly self righteous. And Stupid.

Yes. I did mention that they were stupid twice. They were really REALLY stupid.

Sorry about them.

Hope you got past their numerous fuck ups.

Sincerely,

Us from your Past (except for the liberals, of course).

Dear Future,

If you study us, please forgive us for our liberals. They probably meant well, but as your review of the nonsense they write will confirm, they were rather quite tragically Stupid. Blind. Ignorant. Often hateful. Ugly. Foul smelling. Dishonest. Misguided. Uneducable. Arrogant. Baselessly self righteous. And Stupid.

Yes. I did mention that they were stupid twice. They were really REALLY stupid.

Sorry about them.

Hope you got past their numerous fuck ups.

Sincerely,

Us from your Past (except for the liberals, of course).

:lol:

Forum List

Back