Possum May Be Extinct Due to Global Warming

Express your ignorance much? Do you live where possums are a predatory problem? No. You know what a possum would do to that pretty white cat of yours? Make a meal of it in no time at all.

They destroy property, destroy livestock, tear up people's pets and make a huge mess in general.

You're trying to glamorize an oversized sewer rat.

More than 50% of the humans fall in that same category.

Express your ignorance much? Do you live where possums are a predatory problem? No. You know what a possum would do to that pretty white cat of yours? Make a meal of it in no time at all.

They destroy property, destroy livestock, tear up people's pets and make a huge mess in general.

Yes, I do live where possums and all wildlife are a problem. Including human wildlife. They are the biggest problem of all in my neighborhood.
I like sewer rats too.
And Gunnyrabbits.
Pests that they are.

:lol::lol::lol:

hahahahahahaha!

That reminds of an older commericial...had a guy talking with a car speeding down a curvy road in the background of his voice over, if memory serves me, but anyway....he was talking about how rats and squirrels were both rodents, and ends with asking the question, "does a fuzzy tail really matter?", and then a pause, and he answers, "You BET it does!!!" It made me laugh everytime i saw the commercial!

I had never thought of squirrels as the same as rats myself, but they really are just another pesky, large rodent.....with a fuzzy tale! (i love them though, even though i have had an outer sliding door destroyed by one of them trying to get to the sunflower seed bag in a basket by the back door! :eek:)

(btw, can't you tell that Anguille is groveling and really trying to make amends with you! :lol: forgiveness is devine!)

Care

NOPE!

I'm religious, and i take to heart Jesus and what He said about the Peacemakers! I want to be a "Daughter of God"! :)

Okay, if you can get Gunny to grovel, this possum will help him see the light.

Why do the Australians get a nice looking possum like in the picture, and we get those ugly one with no hair on their tails.

The only ones I ever had stand up to me when I tried to chase them out of my yard were the mothers with babies.

Both my Weimaraners used to love to catch them and bring it to the sliding glass door and leave the carcass on the patio.

They are really amazing. One had his tongue hanging out and all. Looked as lifeless as a conservative after Obama's landslide win.:lol: I waited for about 5 minutes and the little bastard got up and ran away.

I can't wait to see humans extinct ... well ... not that I will actually see it but it would be cool. I wonder what the next dominant species will be. Probably cockroaches.

The point is this, our time is up, whether through our own stupidity or because nature has decided it's sick of us. Though it may take a couple hundred more years (a fraction of time considering the age of the planet and the time humanity had), our species will be driven extinct.

I find it funny that all the people who are saying this is all natural are also the same morons who often try to deny evolution and other natural events that are part of the same cycle.

I can't wait to see humans extinct ... well ... not that I will actually see it but it would be cool. I wonder what the next dominant species will be. Probably cockroaches.

The point is this, our time is up, whether through our own stupidity or because nature has decided it's sick of us. Though it may take a couple hundred more years (a fraction of time considering the age of the planet and the time humanity had), our species will be driven extinct.

I find it funny that all the people who are saying this is all natural are also the same morons who often try to deny evolution and other natural events that are part of the same cycle.

The dinosaurs made it for 60 million years or so, before an asteroid did them in. I'd be surprised if human beings lasted that long.

My theory is that humans are an intermediate step between carbon based life and silicone based life. As soon as we develop artificial intelligence, and that intelligence is able to reproduce, then humans will no longer be needed, and our replacement cyborgs will take over.

Of course, that's just wild speculation, but it could be!:tongue:

why yall hating on the possum....i caught a little one...a baby one....i was so proud i had it wrapped up in a towel....i had used to catch it...my man says...o honey let me see that...i was so happy he was being so sweet.....he took it from my arms and tossed it into the yard ..with that look of...damn could you be anymore white trash lol...

there is an old one that comes to the bird feeder...my mixed dog will catch him...i swear ..he is dead..dog is sure he is dead...10 minutes later...he is gone...they are amazing...if anything can survive it will be the possum

The Virginia Opossum is noted for its reaction to threats, which is to feign death. This is the genesis of the term "playing possum", which is used to describe an attempt to pretend to be dead or injured with intent to deceive. In the case of the opossum, the reaction seems to be quite involuntary, and to be triggered by extreme fear. It should not be taken as an indication of docility, for under serious threat, an opossum will respond ferociously, hissing, screeching, and showing its teeth. But with enough stimulation, the opossum will enter a near coma, which can last up to four hours. It lies on its side, mouth and eyes open, tongue hanging out, emitting both a green fluid from its anus and an odor putrid to most predators. Besides discouraging animals who eat live prey, playing possum also convinces some large animals that the opossum is no threat to their young.

Playing Possum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The dinosaurs made it for 60 million years or so, before an asteroid did them in. I'd be surprised if human beings lasted that long.

My theory is that humans are an intermediate step between carbon based life and silicone based life. As soon as we develop artificial intelligence, and that intelligence is able to reproduce, then humans will no longer be needed, and our replacement cyborgs will take over.

Of course, that's just wild speculation, but it could be!:tongue:

Oooooh ... as wild as it is it would be SOOOOO cool though.

Originally posted by Gunny

Cat-killer, dog-killer possum?!?! :eek: :eek:

Possum ain't bad ....

Properly cooked.

did global warming do the bugger in or was it all those damn idiots trying to sutdy it that caused it to curl up and die out of pure exasperation?

Who cares?

I'm with Gunny on this one.

Kill 'em all. Kill all the possums. Kill all the gorillas too. Fuck the Elephants, and Rhinos. In fact, I think we should stop this nonsense of having and endangered animals list. If anything, it should be a list of how many points you get for each one you fuckin' murder. That oughta show all these useless critters who's boss on this planet. I say we exterminate all other living things on the planet so they stop obstructing our development.

You want to know what the future looks like? It looks like my boot stomping on a dodo bird's face. Forever.

Who cares?

I'm with Gunny on this one.

Kill 'em all. Kill all the possums. Kill all the gorillas too. Fuck the Elephants, and Rhinos. In fact, I think we should stop this nonsense of having and endangered animals list. If anything, it should be a list of how many points you get for each one you fuckin' murder. That oughta show all these useless critters who's boss on this planet. I say we exterminate all other living things on the planet so they stop obstructing our development.

You want to know what the future looks like? It looks like my boot stomping on a dodo bird's face. Forever.

:clap2: Please step up to the plate and volunteer to be the first to be targeted by the extermination campaign.

What a horrible loss for the world (not).

Possums were transplanted, somehow, to Oregon from the east/south. They're a huge pain in the butt. They litter our highways and freeways, and they spread some nasty disease to horses.

Lovely animals. Blech.

Forum List

Back