Possum May Be Extinct Due to Global Warming

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Scientists say a white possum native to the Daintree rainforest in the Australian state of Queensland has become the first mammal to become extinct due to man-made global warming.

0_61_possum_ringtail_white.jpg

FOXNews.com - Possum May Be Extinct Due to Global Warming - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

:( That's very sad. I was just watching a Nova episode the other evening where they had discovered how to produce a powerful anesthetic from a frog that is almost extinct. Even if you have a powerful aversion to a species, it's loss could mean you or someone you love's loss as well.

My cat looks just like that possum

That's a shame.

He can live with me.

I don't expect to be extinct for at least a few more months.

The claims is a bit of an overstatement of the facts, but it is nevertheless unfortunate.

Extinctions are a fact of life on our planet. Still, humans should be good stewards of the planet.

From The Matrix:

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

People can do their part. Governments usually screw everything up.

Last edited:
Probably. The polar bear may be the next one that grabs our attention, but it is the smaller, unnoticed creatures that make up the bulk of extinctions.

99% of the species that ever lived on this planet are extinct.

Think about it.

We didn't lose 99% of species at the KT boundary (dinosaurs).

The Permian mass extinction, on the other hand, dwarfed the one that killed off the dinosaurs.

Scientists say a white possum native to the Daintree rainforest in the Australian state of Queensland has become the first mammal to become extinct due to man-made global warming.

0_61_possum_ringtail_white.jpg

FOXNews.com - Possum May Be Extinct Due to Global Warming - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

I love the way they always find some baby possum and doll it up for pictures. They're nasty-ass scavengers and predators, and they will flat bite your arm off.

They couldn't possibly be extinct enough.

I love the way they always find some baby possum and doll it up for pictures. They're nasty-ass scavengers and predators, and they will flat bite your arm off.

They couldn't possibly be extinct enough.

Hate much?

Hate much?

Express your ignorance much? Do you live where possums are a predatory problem? No. You know what a possum would do to that pretty white cat of yours? Make a meal of it in no time at all.

They destroy property, destroy livestock, tear up people's pets and make a huge mess in general.

You're trying to glamorize an oversized sewer rat.

Forum List

Back