Possibly dangerous homeless person in Church...what do you do?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So...we have a homeless man in our parish, he comes into mass sometimes and he gives me the vibe of being dangerous. I have informed the ushers and the Priest so they are at least aware of him....so now.....what do we do?

So...we have a homeless man in our parish, he comes into mass sometimes and he gives me the vibe of being dangerous. I have informed the ushers and the Priest so they are at least aware of him....so now.....what do we do?

Position yourself we you can keep an eye on him.

Until he starts to do something, there is little you can do.

Position yourself we you can keep an eye on him.

Until he starts to do something, there is little you can do.

Yeah, we are taking precautions...my question is to the ones who say.....well...they knew he was crazy....why didn't they do something.....and here we are...he sets off my alarms, and I have informed the ushers and the Priest....who may know about him already........but the ushers didn't seem concerned.....so just in case.....you guys heard about this from me first...and there is nothing anyone can do...

In fact today...he had on a hospital bracelet on so he has been in the hospital recently........who knows for what....

We have homeless in our Church. One of them is a nuisance, babbles on incoherently through Mass. But all are welcome

And this guy is also welcome....but he sets off my alarms.....so again......what do the people who say.....if they knew...why didn't they do anything........

We have homeless in our Church. One of them is a nuisance, babbles on incoherently through Mass. But all are welcome

And this guy is also welcome....but he sets off my alarms.....so again......what do the people who say.....if they knew...why didn't they do anything........

I get that, short of telling him he isn't welcome there isn't much you can do. Awhile back we had a guy in our Church and he set alarms off with me for some reason. He kept going down around the Sunday school area, we finally told him he wasn't allowed to be there and he got really angry. I haven't seen him since

"Walk softly and carry a big stick."
~~ Teddy Roosevelt

Actually I would advise enlisting a couple other guys to help you keep an eye on him and have a plan to subdue him if he ever becomes violent.

Good comments all.

Also take the time to try to befriend him. Talk to him. Have coffee with him.

I remember a mission trip to a homeless camp under a free bridge in Houston. The homeless pastor welcomed us as we got off the bus, gave us a tour, showed us the little "church" spot in the camp.

Then he asked us if ever any of us needed to talk about Jesus, he was available.

Good comments all.

I remember a mission trip to a homeless camp under a free bridge in Houston. The homeless pastor welcomed us as we got off the bus, gave us a tour, showed us the little "church" spot in the camp.

Then he asked us if ever any of us needed to talk about Jesus, he was available.

Yeah, a couple months ago right before communion he became agitated, mumbled loud enough to hear "that fucking asshole priest," and stormed out of the church.......I don't think a cup of coffee is the cure here........that, on top of the non stop movement, the predatory look in his eyes.....not exactly dealing with a full deck......

Good comments all.

Yeah, a couple months ago right before communion he became agitated, mumbled loud enough to hear "that fucking asshole priest," and stormed out of the church.......I don't think a cup of coffee is the cure here........that, on top of the non stop movement, the predatory look in his eyes.....not exactly dealing with a full deck......

If someone said that at our Church I'm confident they'd make him leave. All our welcome but no that won't fly.

Good comments all.

If someone said that at our Church I'm confident they'd make him leave. All our welcome but no that won't fly.

Like I said he mumbled it and only a few people heard it...and he left as he said it.....and he is back......

What kind of paranoid fucked up mind do you walk around with that sees the homeless as "dangerous"??

I'm far more concerned with wackbags like you that are always looking for confrontation, than somebody seeking solace in church.

Just do as you normally do. .... Duh !!!

What kind of paranoid fucked up mind do you walk around with that sees the homeless as "dangerous"??

Wackbag....

Yes fuck head......no homeless people are ever dangerous....they aren't mental patients who can't be committed and push people in front of trains, slash people with razors or box cutters...that never happens asshole...I see what you mean...

and you think it would be easy for family members and mental health professionals to deal with threats before they happen......

Did I say all homeless people fuck head....no, I specifically said this homeless person who has shown signs of erratic and hostile behavior....I'm not the only one who has noticed......

And he may be perfectly fine, and non violent.......but he sets the alarm bells off...

Fuck head....

I'm far more concerned with wackbags like you that are always looking for confrontation, than somebody seeking solace in church.

I have to go back to you.......are you this fucking stupid, or do you just pretend to be when you post? You don't think that there are dangerous homeless people out there......the ones with serious mental issues that make them dangerous.....are you that fucking stupid?

Yes.....you are.

I have to go back to you.......are you this fucking stupid, or do you just pretend to be when you post? You don't think that there are dangerous homeless people out there......the ones with serious mental issues that make them dangerous.....are you that fucking stupid?

Yes.....you are.

Hey, I ain't the one reading comic book fantasies into everybody around me while jacking off to the gun poster on my bedroom ceiling, now am I?

I asked what kind of fucked-up paranoid head you need to come up with this shit. This is the answer I got:

And he may be perfectly fine, and non violent.......but he sets the alarm bells off...

Doesn't seem to occur to you that the perception setting off "alarm bells" is all yours.

Wassamatta? Truth hurt?

Yes.....you are.

Hey, I ain't the one reading comic book fantasies into everybody around me while jacking off to the gun poster on my bedroom ceiling, now am I?

I asked what kind of fucked-up paranoid head you need to come up with this shit. This is the answer I got:

Doesn't seem to occur to you that the perception setting off "alarm bells" is all yours.

Wassamatta? Truth hurt?

Okay....for my fellow 2nd Amendment supporters......this asshole is one of the assholes who bitch about the families who are suppposed to know the violence level of mentally ill family members or they are considered culpable.....and now...he downplays someone saying...hey...I hink this guy might be dangerous....

This is why the mental health provisions to background checks will be difficult.....denial on the part of assholes like pogo...till after the event...then blame on the victims for not "acting" on the danger......

Just like the colorado theater shooter......a female student in his community college class wrote in her journal.....this guy in our class is going to be in the news for killing people, he creeps me out....dittos the teacher who said...I keep thinking when I turn my back to the class he is going to shoot me.......for pogo.....he would have made fun of those people......

Forum List

Back