possible street wars in dallas

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
nbc5i link

DALLAS -- A new community activist group, calling itself The New Black Panther Party, marched in front of the Dallas Police Department Thursday. The group demanded a meeting with interim Dallas Police Chief Randy Hampton or organization members would violently take to city streets.

The group's radical demands prompted the original Black Panther Party to say its members want nothing to do with the new incarnation.

During the demonstration, members of The New Black Panther Party called police racists and violent. They also called Anglos "devils" and threatened to get guns if the group fails to have its demands met.

"We are fighting for the freedom of our people," New Black Panther spokesman Derick Brown (pictured, left) said through a bullhorn. "We're ready to die in self-defense."

Brown also turned the group's attention toward media members covering the demonstration.

"Put that on your camera," he said through the bullhorn. "Write that up in your newspaper. Did you copy that story? Did you get the truth of everything? Y'all half the damn street's problem."

The group's accusations against police and whites, and its threat of retrieving weapons, had police officers wondering who was racist and violent, according to an NBC 5 report.

The New Black Panther Party demonstrated for about an hour before Hampton agreed to a meeting later in the day. The new Panthers arrived after the specified time, but Hampton still conducted the meeting.

LOOK AT ME!!!! I NEED ATTENTION!!!!!! IF YOU DONT LOOK AT ME ILL DO SOMETYHING REALLY STUPID!!!!! HEY LOOK AT ME!!!!

well, this just confirmed to me that I need to get my concealed handgun license now instead of later is all.

yeah might as well be safe. just as long as you are able to go home at the end of the night is all that counts

Originally posted by Johnney
yeah might as well be safe. just as long as you are able to go home at the end of the night is all that counts

is it? are you some kind of black panther apologist?

Originally posted by Johnney
are yuo some kind of ass wipe?

No, I just think ignoring this just so long as we have enough fire power is a shortsighted attitude. What if they take our guns?

Tucks medicated pads!

in Dallas? Why am I reading about this here instead of my husband the poster telling me about it in person?

wait.

I said I didnt want to talk on the phone about silly assed inconsequential bs

big difference.

:rolleyes: :mad: :p:

insein - HAHA!!!

This is SE's entertainment though - I wouldnt want to let him down.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
wait.

I said I didnt want to talk on the phone about silly assed inconsequential bs

big difference.

:rolleyes: :mad: :p:

then my SECOND reason would be I don't want to hear for the 2 millionth time how much you hate dallas?

Forum List

Back