Possible solution to the Iranian threat??

The solution is to have our troops in Iraq march straight into Tehran and remove the political leadership and the religous leadership.

Just march in, step by step, supported by B-52's armed with MOABs.

Obama should of done this in support of the student protestors, perfect oppurtunity lost. Oh well, Obama and his stuttering tongue will woop the hell out of them, when the time comes.

Damn, you are one fucking idiot! We could not even get the support of the Iraqis that hated Saddam. Now you are suggesting that we invade Iran? We could do it, yes. But by the time we were done, China would totally own us, because it would cost far more than the three trillion that Iraq will have cost us.

Ol' Mad Hatter was voted in the first time, and the second time, an election with results like our election of 2000. He is one crazy asshole, but were we to invade, he would have the total support of the people now demonstrating against him. For they would not be fighting for Mad Hatter, they would be fighting for Iran against a foriegn invader.

The solution is to have our troops in Iraq march straight into Tehran and remove the political leadership and the religous leadership.

Just march in, step by step, supported by B-52's armed with MOABs.

Obama should of done this in support of the student protestors

What a truly stupid idea.
stupid? no
uninformed, ignorant of the facts, YES

Stupid. The facts are right at his finger tips. He is, after all, posting on the net.

Is that all, is that all you got.

Let me try responding at the level of education and intelligence you post at.

Uh, duh, no, your uninformed, duh, your ignorant, uh, but-uh. (I threw the stutters in so I could sound like Obama).

Tell you what.

Why don't you head on down to the recruiter's office and sign on the dotted line.

Then you lead the way into Iran.

If it's such a grand idea and all that.

Whats wrong, you a coward.

I alread signed on the dotted line, I joined the military, see, this is why you dont know nothing about what it would take to win a war, you make an assumption based on no knowledge and than post as if you contributed something useful, you just make your position look vacuous, I am surprised more of the intelligent Liberal/Marxist dont shout you down for all the damage you do to the Marxist movement.

Divecon, I thought more of your intellect before I read your post.

Suicide, your an idiot, if you remember there was a big war between Iraq and Iran, over a million dead, do you remember who won? I do, it was Iraq, so we defeated the Iraq army, wiped them out, sent them running home to Saddam, literally fleeing the might of the USA's military.

So I propose destroying Iran (which lost to Iraq, which lost to us), I specifically tell you the type of munition I would use, Laser guided bombs raining down from the sky, I use Air Force Field Artillery forward observer, if you look at the post I made I note the munition these men guide in with hand held lasers, put a red dot on the enemy, push a button, and poof, the enemy disappears in a puff and a burst of pink blood. Thats why you walk in, you have to target the enemy on the ground, thats the job of the Air Force Field artillery foward observer. We can stack B-52's and C-130's and drob billions of bombs on the enemy like rain, precision bombing.

Suicide, not with a wall of exploding steel ripping flesh into hamburger.

So all you Liberal/Obama/Marxists supporters beleive its suicide, no wonder Obama is so afraid, you folks have no knowledge of history. You cant even use google so that your posts are not so stupid and baseless.

OK, you have chosen to prove you are completely clueless. First, most here have a DD214, including myself. And many have seen war up close and personal. It ain't nice and sanitary like you paint it. And Iran would hurt us and the rest of the world were we to embark on such a dumbass adventure.

We isolated the Soviets, in spite of their global ambitions, until they imploded in on themselves. Iran is already in the stage where the people are very restive. Any unprovoked military move against Iran would stop that movement dead in it's tracks, and solidify Iran behind ol' Mad Hatter.

Remember when two summers ago, when rockets started falling into northern Israel? What was the Israeli response???

It was fcukking brilliant............they bombed the sh!t out of Beirut for about 2 weeks. Anybody else see any rockets heading soouth of the border in Northern Israel lately?????:lol:

Iran wants to threaten the world???

How about this.............we drop millions of leaflets over a one month period all over the countryside in Iran. The leaflets say something like,

We??? Obama can't even be bothered with the war in Afghanistan. He's too busy appearing on David Letterman and flying off to Copenhagen to pitch for the Summer Olympics. Who cares that our military leaders need a decision. After all, it's just American military lives we're talking about.

The best solution would be to call Israel to the carpet and make them open up their nuclear sites to inspection.

Then force Israel to sign the same nuclear treatys that all of the other nuclear powers, including Iran have signed.

This would level the playing field, and take away the excuses Iran has for not allowing inspections.

Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons.

The shit that's going down over there is an Israeali/Iranian problem. Let them sort it out among themselves and leave us the fuck out of it.

Yup, and the funny thing about isolationism is it always has a way of coming back to bite you in the ass. Besides, if you were up on international relations/ramifications/repercussions based on the Iranian/Islamic fundamentalism issues you would know that it affects not just us but all western nations profoundly.

There will either have to be airstrikes on Iran's nuclear sites or Iran will get nuclear weapons, no sanctions will stop them now.

And my guess is their first threat of use will not be against Israel but against Bahrain. The majority of the population is Shia but the ruling house is Sunni and Iran has made noises that they are the protectors of the Shia population there; the small island nation has a ton of oil too.

These rhetorical threats combined with an Iranian nuclear weapon will set off a nuclear arms race in the Gulf as the Sunni states then race to balance the nuclear equation.

So our choice is strike Iran or allow a nuclear arms race in the world's most unstable region.

The best solution would be to call Israel to the carpet and make them open up their nuclear sites to inspection.

Then force Israel to sign the same nuclear treatys that all of the other nuclear powers, including Iran have signed.

This would level the playing field, and take away the excuses Iran has for not allowing inspections.

Israel has never "admitted" to having nuclear weapons.

Thus, they havn't had to sign any treaties or submitt to inspections.

It is estimated that Israel has between 200 to 400 nuclear weapons.

Plus they have our entire nuclear arsenal at their disposal.

Plus they have our entire nuclear arsenal at their disposal.

The US has never offered a nuclear commitment to Israel but if Iran does get a nuclear weapon the US should immediately announce Israel is under the protection of the US nuclear umbrella.

This worked during the Cold War and would be a major deterrent. It would have to be a formally announced and repeated commitment in order to have full deterrent effect however.

1) Complete blockade of anything in and out of Iran.
2) Ultimatum of compliance for inspection, cessation of nuclear research, and removal of all facilities
3) Announce that is any evidence is found of a nuclear weapon or weapon manufacturing facility, military air strikes including carpet bombing will commence.
4) If any nuclear attack happens against Israel, any other US ally, or the US, from Iran itself; or if intelligence reveals Iran was behind the plot, planning, or execution of such an attack, retaliation will come in the form a devastation level nuclear counter attack from our nuclear arsenal. AKA we will reduce 100% of Iran and all within it to smoldering cinders.

Last edited:

Right. So the international community has no right to demand inspections of anything. So your post calling for that was ill-informed.
And even if they did, it is unclear to me how that would solve the problem of Iran's nuclear ambition.

There will either have to be airstrikes on Iran's nuclear sites or Iran will get nuclear weapons, no sanctions will stop them now.

And my guess is their first threat of use will not be against Israel but against Bahrain. The majority of the population is Shia but the ruling house is Sunni and Iran has made noises that they are the protectors of the Shia population there; the small island nation has a ton of oil too.

These rhetorical threats combined with an Iranian nuclear weapon will set off a nuclear arms race in the Gulf as the Sunni states then race to balance the nuclear equation.

So our choice is strike Iran or allow a nuclear arms race in the world's most unstable region.

The problem is that even with airstrikes, all we're doing is delaying development by a year or two.

(1) OIL! We all know that at the moment the world runs on oil. More specifically WE run on oil! Our economy is still in the pooper, although I think its getting better. A spike in oil would be catrosphic! We would be in a heap load of trouble! Attacking Iran would increase oil overnight, hell look what it did on attacking Iraq! No to mention OPEC and Venezuela might react harshly. Not to mention if Alamnutjob closed the Straits!

(2) Unlikelihood of Success: In reality an attack might hurt the program but not stop it. How long would it stop it? 6 months? 1 year? Would that be worth a major hit to the oil markets?

(3) Destroys the Opposition to the Islamic Regime: If the election protest showed anything another revolution is brewing, but an attack by a foreign power would detrimental to the stream the secular opposition has built up!

(4) An attack would make war between Iran (probably Hamas, Syria and Lebanon also) and Israel Inevitable:

I personally hate the idea of a nuclear Islamic Regime, but attacking is not a great option!

Forum List

Back