Possible Mass Migration Come The Big Collapse?

Jul 9, 2009
Given that the US population is now at 300 million and still with people flooding in come the big collapse could we see the mass movement of people out of the country very quickly, due to no homes no jobs etc.

And would this procees if it occured actually help the situation or make it worse?

Where would they go? Costa Rica would be pretty crowded with that number.

OH MY GOD! Don't give them ideas, dude!!!

They're all gonna have to settle for Mexico.

[SPOILER ALERT]

Anyone ever saw 'Day After Tomorrow,' how at the end all the Americans are running down south of the border cuz everything is frozen? The news report says something like "Mexico has agreed to open the border in exchange for forgiving of all outstanding Latin American debt to the US". Yeah, well, I thought it was funny anyway.

A mass movement out of the country? Did I read that right? Were, pray tell, are these refugees to flee TOO? Mars? There is no room at the inn, no vacancies. Nada. This issue is going to get real nasty, really quickly, when we are all cornered like rats. All those rich folks, they will not know what wall paper to put in their bathrooms, and they might throw a couple of hissy fits.

Where would they go? Costa Rica would be pretty crowded with that number.

OH MY GOD! Don't give them ideas, dude!!!

They're all gonna have to settle for Mexico.

[SPOILER ALERT]

Anyone ever saw 'Day After Tomorrow,' how at the end all the Americans are running down south of the border cuz everything is frozen? The news report says something like "Mexico has agreed to open the border in exchange for forgiving of all outstanding Latin American debt to the US". Yeah, well, I thought it was funny anyway.

Sorry about that Epsilon - I had been musing on the healthcare system in Costa Rica and it sort of came to me :redface:

It's time for a meteor to hit the earth, or a plague. Or the entire socio-economic system or the environment collapses like a house of cards, then we end up eating each other like starving desperate rats. Or a Nuclear war. Or, perhaps all these poor third world countries finally figure out birth control. And the first world stops exploiting the third world, and we all hold hands and sing kumbaya...I bet on the plague, with Nuclear war coming a close second.

Forum List

Back