Possible History Hatchet Job: Writer Is Claiming Abe Lincoln Could Have Been Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Oct 28, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    by claiming he was a "homosexual"
    (there's all kinds of nuts in L.A. in case anyone forgot)

i hope this isn't true... as ignorant as some folks in this country are, they would instantly want to take away (if it turns out he was gay) the many great (and well deserved) honors and memorials we have built to lincoln, as well as attempt to remove him from our rich, more important than ever history.

but if this is some kind of hatchet job, if the facts are distorted and created, the people responsible should be tarred, feathered and strapped to one of our jet fighter's bombs dropping in fallujah on a daily basis.

2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    I knew the liberals were getting desperate, but this is positively demented. Doug Ireland sure used up a lot of ink, saying nothing.

Have you ever seen that photo of JFK playing with his children in the Oval Office? Note the hungry, perverted look in his eyes. This is proof that he was a pedophile. I'd like to hear him deny it!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i hate to go on a tangent, but this is what is wrong with america. to be PC, we have to go back and ravage our history and diminish our heroes and heroines. this is BS. i don't give a shit what anybody says, george washington chopped down the cherry tree. i don't care if thomas jefferson owned slaves, i'm sure he repented for such a terrible crime (and it is a crime) in the words he wrote that have inspired men and women to liberate and govern for themselves all over the world for over two centuries. i don't care what the revisonists say, lincoln fought to end slavery. etc etc. we have to stop this PC BS from destroying everything sacred in our history.

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Sometimes a tangent is the appropriate response, IMHO. I think that the problem with a lot of us is that we've become so jaded by the sheer volume of liberal dishonesty, we've lost our capacity for outrage. Rant on, brother!

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i really wonder who they will target next... lincoln is the greatest president of all among three true greats and several greats (ronald reagan, teddy, thomas jefferson), so i figure they have to hit george washington or FDR now (the other two true greats)

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

They'd LOVE to savage Reagan, but they don't dare - he was too well-loved. GOD, how they hated that man.

These people are desperate to the point of abject hysteria. They are watching their ideology - their RELIGION - fade into irrelevance. What's almost comical is that they truly do not understand WHY.

Desperation is a dangerous, unpredictable thing. Nothing, but nothing the liberals do in the next few years will surprise me.

7. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Who cares.....one way or the other?

Lincoln was a great man and leader through a terrible time in our history.

Does not one bit of difference to me whether he ate fish or steak, either.

8. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    It would surprise me if Lincoln was a gay man. I have also made extensive study of him and it would not surprise me. James Buchanan was gay, there is absolutely no doubt of that. He had a longstanding affair with a fellow Senator that continued when he was President. Washington I don't know about. Garfield also wouldn't surprise me. I have studied the Presidents since I was a kid, Buchanan was definitely gay, Lincoln may have been, Garfield may have been, Washington I doubt.

acludem

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Lyndon Johnson screwed his dog. Unfortunately for the distinguished ex-Prez, it turned out to be a TALKING dog. At more than one inopportune moment, the unthinking pooch was heard blurting out, "You sure got a big johnson, Lyndon!"

10. White knight

White knight Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    To find the truth in this matter you would have to look back to who started the PC trend, who created and funded organizations like the ACLU?
    You find this out and you will begin to understand who and why.