Possible Good news for Captive Marine...

Originally posted by Kathianne
Only because you didn't take time to get the 'lay of the land.' You thought, and I do apologize for repeating myself here, that we needed 'enlightenment' and damn, you were going to give it to us. As I said earlier, I for one, but not alone by any means, do read all spectrum of news sources. I watch PBS and the written sources I explained before. YOU are prejudiced, thinking that conservatives only want to hear echos.

Open you mind a bit, and you will be heard.
Like I said, I was just joking about "setting you guys straight". There is just too much to read for me to get the lay of the land, so I just jumped into it. But I'm not prejudiced about hearing other opinions, I just have strong opinions of my own. It's not like I go to michaelmoore.com for my news - I usually watch our local FOX affiliate, which sits right in the middle of the spectrum because they have one guy on the left, one on the right (both do mostly opinion pieces) and another who's pretty much neutral and doesn't take sides (the anchor, who just reports the facts). I naturally tend to agree with the lefty more, but I give them all a fair shot.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
You're welcome. And don't forget, when soldiers sign up, they are taught during basic what the military is all about. If they don't want to go forward, they can quit at any time. This guy made a conscious decision to trade his duty and oath to his country for his life. He surrendered himself to the enemy. I am just glad that he is only a bad apple and the whole bunch ain't like him. If he is recaptured by the US, his punishment should be swift and it needs to set an example.
Let's just wait and find out what the whole story is. Some people are making assumptions based only on the fact that he was Muslim. Time will tell what his decision was.

Originally posted by Patriot54
Let's just wait and find out what the whole story is. Some people are making assumptions based only on the fact that he was Muslim. Time will tell what his decision was.

I would be one of those.

His decision had nothing to do with it. When you know the enemy, you know the drill.

his brothers are now saying he's been freed in Iraq. i really hope this is true. godspeed to the young man to safety and to deal with the consequences of his actions so he can move on as soon as possible and either be a successful marine or civilian.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
his brothers are now saying he's been freed in Iraq. i really hope this is true. godspeed to the young man to safety and to deal with the consequences of his actions so he can move on as soon as possible and either be a successful marine or civilian. [/QUOTE

Hopefully he is free--I'll wait for the facts before I make any judgements. Too many rumors floating around.

Originally posted by NewGuy
His decision had nothing to do with it. When you know the enemy, you know the drill.
What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

The terrorists are not a bunch of political war types.

These guys spout allegiance to "Allah" by way of islam.

Do you know the koran well enough to know how they think?

How about their commitment to the cause?

Do you know their values?

Do you know why they fight or behead when they do?

Do you know the Marine claimed islam as well?

These things are more important than any other detail as they are the core of what makes all of us tick: The core religious beliefs shape all other behaviors.

These things are more important than any other detail as they are the core of what makes all of us tick: The core religious beliefs shape all other behaviors.

Stop it NewGuy, they represent the religion of peace and you are racist for making your above claims. I'm going to call CAIR on you.............

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS

Stop it NewGuy, they represent the religion of peace and you are racist for making your above claims. I'm going to call CAIR on you.............

:cof: :beer:

I am just another "angry middle aged white male redneck".

You're absolutely right on all your points. I don't know what the Koran says, but I do know that some of those terrorists twist it to "justify" killing people and that is wrong. There are also those who use it to justify living peaceful lives and don't want to do harm to anybody. It's the same thing with the Bible - some people read only what they want and use it to suit their greed. Suicidal cults and televangelists don't represent the Bible, just as terrorists and car bombers don't represent the Koran.

You're absolutely right on all your points. I don't know what the Koran says, but I do know that some of those terrorists twist it to "justify" killing people and that is wrong. There are also those who use it to justify living peaceful lives and don't want to do harm to anybody. It's the same thing with the Bible - some people read only what they want and use it to suit their greed. Suicidal cults and televangelists don't represent the Bible, just as terrorists and car bombers don't represent the Koran.

Why must it always spin off illogically into this?

IF you have not read either book, do not claim how the text can be taken, nor suppose which one is peaceful in its text.

This will devolve into a completely different topic by which you will look worse than in this one.

The koran is not promoting peaceful behavior. The Bible does. Take it to the other section if you want to debate it.

I don't know what the Koran says, but I do know that some of those terrorists twist it to "justify" killing people and that is wrong.
posted by 54

You 'don't know...you do know....

Which is it? Why don't you read the Koran? That's how you will know. Then again, considering your apparent suseptibility, might not be such a good idea.

But don't you get it that the ONLY reason he was granted a leave from death is because he is a Muslim? They would not have offered that same leave to a Christian or Jew (Pearl, Berg, the Korean guy, etc.). Next they will be saying, "convert to Islam, or be beheaded". Will you accept that when they come to your home and take you into custody?

Why must it always spin off illogically into this?

IF you have not read either book, do not claim how the text can be taken, nor suppose which one is peaceful in its text.

This will devolve into a completely different topic by which you will look worse than in this one.

The koran is not promoting peaceful behavior. The Bible does. Take it to the other section if you want to debate it.
I have read the bible - it has plenty of things that can be taken the wrong way, if someone chose to take it like that.

I don't think my statement was illogical in any way, it was quite straighfoward - a decent, peaceful person is right, a murderer is wrong. A murdering terrorist doesn't need the Koran to convince him to commit violence, he is going to do it anyway.

I have read the bible - it has plenty of things that can be taken the wrong way, if someone chose to take it like that.

I don't think my statement was illogical in any way, it was quite straighfoward - a decent, peaceful person is right, a murderer is wrong. A murdering terrorist doesn't need the Koran to convince him to commit violence, he is going to do it anyway.

For a liberal, you are certainly falling into the trap of projecting your beliefs onto the rest of the world, not very nuanced of you!

So does Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

The difference is one is provable in context and through prophecy to be a book promoting peace.

You don't pay attention either.

Religion is a core of which all other values rest.

The koran preaches murder.

These guys claim the koran as the basis for their beliefs.

Pay attention.

Originally posted by Kathianne
For a liberal, you are certainly falling into the trap of projecting your beliefs onto the rest of the world, not very nuanced of you!
Sorry about that - my belief is that murder is wrong, I didn't mean to force that on anybody. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that - my belief is that murder is wrong, I didn't mean to force that on anybody. :rolleyes:

Can you stay on subject in any thread and post some relevant information or do you just get off posting your little snippets of nonsense to annoy the rest of us?

Hey, not me, I agree with you. It's the others that you have insulted.

Forum List

Back