Possible changes coming to Medicare, but the Senate will probably

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
vote against if it gets taken up at all. The Grim Reaper is in charge!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bill passed by a vote of 230 to 192, with Democrat support and Republican opposition (except two Republicans who voted for the measure). While it’s unlikely that the GOP-controlled Senate will take it up, advocates of the bill are hopeful that it moves the needle on how lawmakers approach any changes to Medicare, which is the primary health insurance for most Americans age 65 or older.

Medicare would cover dental, vision — if Senate OKs House bill

Can't have all of the bum single moms who refuse to work not have dental coverage!
Take out the measure of covering years long bums -and I will support it

How does anyone expect to pay for those changes? Medicare is already expected to go broke without financing. If any one expects it to become part of the general fund and wants to complain about the national debt shows just how financially incompetent they are.

How does anyone expect to pay for those changes? Medicare is already expected to go broke without financing. If any one expects it to become part of the general fund and wants to complain about the national debt shows just how financially incompetent they are.
Ask those making over 5 million a year.

Can't have all of the bum single moms who refuse to work not have dental coverage!
Medicare does not cover single moms, unless they are over 65

As of yet its 65 and older.

Medicare does not cover single moms, unless they are over 65

Completely my bad, goes to show you, you shouldn't post serious topics first thing in the morning before coffee etc.
I had in my head medicaid.

How many single mom's do you know that are on Medicare? Didn't read the article did you?

I will ask anyone that. I don't suppose that you have any real idea that those you are talking about already pay the largest part of taxes any way. Of course not

How many single mom's do you know that are on Medicare? Didn't read the article did you?
Didn't read my last post did you?

As a matter of fact responded before I read any below what I responded to so I should have read the whole thread and should not have jumped to conclusions.

Medicare is for elderly people, which single moms are not.

I will ask anyone that. I don't suppose that you have any real idea that those you are talking about already pay the largest part of taxes any way. Of course not
Percentage wise they do not.

So you are saying that this is wrong? The Facts On Tax Rates: Who Pays What
Or that they don't know what they are talking about? Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Or that they don't know what they are talking about? Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
A. That's from the Obama administration. tRump has lowered their taxes even more.

B. I'm talking about as a percentage of their income, which is not addressed in the out of date article from the notably right leaning site.

A. That's from the Obama administration. tRump has lowered their taxes even more.

B. I'm talking about as a percentage of their income, which is not addressed in the out of date article from the notably right leaning site.
Trump lowered all taxes not just theirs.
If you have problem with the percentage look to Bernie, Pelosi and all the other rich congress that write the tax laws.

Bloomberg is a notably right leaning site? What are you smoking?

Don't forget these are the same people that setup college scholarships, hospital wings, library additions even money to homeless shelters.

Here is a recent one that you might notice first of all that it was also reported in The Hill. It does not fit you CNN, DNC talking points. Did The Rich Get All Of Trump's Tax Cuts?

You know if they can donate and have all non profits foundations they can pay more in taxes.

Bernie, Pelosi think so. But not republicans.

You know if they can donate and have all non profits foundations they can pay more in taxes.

So you think if you give ten dollars to a save the pet barracuda fund you should be made to pay more in taxes?

Bernie and Pelosi have no real comprehension of taxes. They keep voting for things that increase the national debt. But since you mention it where did they include a higher tax for those making 5 million a year in the bill that expands Medicare? Maybe I missed it. Or is this just you trying to defend Democrats spending like drunken sailors.

Trump lowered all taxes not just theirs.
If you have problem with the percentage look to Bernie, Pelosi and all the other rich congress that write the tax laws.

Bloomberg is a notably right leaning site? What are you smoking?

Don't forget these are the same people that setup college scholarships, hospital wings, library additions even money to homeless shelters.

Here is a recent one that you might notice first of all that it was also reported in The Hill. It does not fit you CNN, DNC talking points. Did The Rich Get All Of Trump's Tax Cuts?
So, the rich received the lion’s share of the tax cut. But they also pay the lion’s share of taxes. The top 1 percent pay 30.2 percent, the top 5 percent pay 51.1 percent, the top quintile pays 80.1 percent and the bottom quintile pays negative 9.0 percent.

they should and well add in the increases retirement taxes give aways, increases in HSAs , and the LCC real estate profits, they make out way above the those who make median wage. Most corps have a neg tax rate and most of the rich have foundations.

So you think if you give ten dollars to a save the pet barracuda fund you should be made to pay more in taxes?

Bernie and Pelosi have no real comprehension of taxes. They keep voting for things that increase the national debt. But since you mention it where did they include a higher tax for those making 5 million a year in the bill that expands Medicare? Maybe I missed it. Or is this just you trying to defend Democrats spending like drunken sailors.

What do you care so much about the wealthy, like tramp who paid himself first and all those who went without, and filed bankruptcy after bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back