Possible Attack At Glasgow Airport

I've never seen a better example of bed-wetting, diaper-pooping, and hand-wringing in my life than this thread.

Please take a deep breath and calm down. These morons appear to have been totally inept. I mean, they light themselves on fire and then crashed a car.

Obviously, a disturbing incident. But, it doesn't say much about the capability of jihaddists. I mean c'mon: these guys were idiots. If these morons are all they can throw at us, I'm not going to wet my pants.

Are terrorists a problem? Yes. Do we need to go after them? Yes. But the clownish attempts at a terrorist attack by these morons is not freaking me out. It's a problem, but it's not something that should make us start running around like chickens with our heads cut offf.

I agree with you that we should not run around with chickens with our heads cut off. BUT, I think we need to recognize, that most jihadists are not as retarded as these two schmucks. So we must be careful not to be complacent, but i agree with you, planned stragies work better.

Can we agree on that?

I've never seen a better example of bed-wetting, diaper-pooping, and hand-wringing in my life than this thread.

Please take a deep breath and calm down. These morons appear to have been totally inept. I mean, they light themselves on fire and then crashed a car.

Obviously, a disturbing incident. But, it doesn't say much about the capability of jihaddists. I mean c'mon: these guys were idiots. If these morons are all they can throw at us, I'm not going to wet my pants.

Are terrorists a problem? Yes. Do we need to go after them? Yes. But the clownish attempts at a terrorist attack by these morons is not freaking me out. It's a problem, but it's not something that should make us start running around like chickens with our heads cut offf.

Who is running around like that? Apparently, MI5 does not agree with your assessment of the danger posed by the "clownish attempts" of the terrorists:

Britain on 'Critical' Alert Level

complete article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/07/01/london.alert/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

LONDON, England (CNN) -- People in Great Britain awoke Sunday to a nation under the highest terrorism threat level as authorities investigated a terrorist attack on Glasgow's airport a day earlier.

Four people were in custody following the third terrorist incident in the nation in two days, police said. The Saturday attack on the Glasgow airport was linked to a foiled bomb plot in London. On Friday London police discovered two cars filled with explosives at two locations in the heart of the British capital.

The United Kingdom raised its terrorism threat level to critical, the highest level possible, after the attack Saturday at Scotland's busiest airport.

Thank GOD for stupidity, otherwise the morgues would be filled right now

Meanwhile, the Brit are still on high alert - more scare tactics from Bush and Cheney - right?

Who is running around like that? Apparently, MI5 does not agree with your assessment of the danger posed by the "clownish attempts" of the terrorists:

Vigilance and prudence is not the same thing as panic and fear-mongering.

It's quite prudent to put the nation on high alert. It's just silly to start wetting your pants, and claiming that muslims are conquering europe, as I've seen posted.

Vigilance and prudence is not the same thing as panic and fear-mongering.

It's quite prudent to put the nation on high alert. It's just silly to start wetting your pants, and claiming that muslims are conquering europe, as I've seen posted.

Would agree that this is their goal?

So glad that, once again, we're "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here".

Gee.... wonder if the Bush apologists are going to offer any criticism for Bushy's pretend WOT.

That would not be "pretend" WOT. "Ineptly run" WOT would probably be more suitable.

There is however, logic in fighting your enemy in HIS yard and not your own.

The problem with the WOT is the jihadists are empowered by our fear, and the fact that we don't respond to them in a way that hurts them.

I understand, fear doesnt make good decisions, see environmentalists, and global warming, but please tell me why it would be good for anyone, to not take all islamic terror seriously, and do everything neccesary to stop.

im all :badgrin: ears

That would not be "pretend" WOT. "Ineptly run" WOT would probably be more suitable.

There is however, logic in fighting your enemy in HIS yard and not your own.

The problem with the WOT is the jihadists are empowered by our fear, and the fact that we don't respond to them in a way that hurts them.

Police alone can't stop terrorEd Husain
Two cars filled with fuel, nails and propane cylinders left parked in handpicked sites in central London indicate considerable planning and thought. Yet, just like 7/7, our security services were unaware of this plot.

Modern terrorism is a phenomenon we have not properly grasped. What we call Al-Qaeda is in operational limbo, hunted down globally by American antiterror squads, but terrorism has not subsided. The issues in this country are more complex and transcend Al-Qaeda.

Our dependence on the police and security services to combat Islamist terrorism is not a strength but a collective weakness. The current monitoring of 2,000 terrorist suspects and surveillance of 30 active plots is a dangerous warning sign of the real security threat we face. By the time the police and security services get involved, it’s already too late.

To rely on the police to identify, tackle, and preempt terrorist attacks absolves the rest of society, particularly Muslim communities, from the responsibilities we face.

The vast majority of Britain’s 2m Muslim citizens are concerned with mundane daily life: they are no different from anybody else. But most British Muslims, in common with the rest of the country, fail to understand the difference between Islam the religion, and Islamism, a postcolonial political movement.

The blurring of the lines between religion and ideology has put Muslims on the defensive when we hear British politicians talk about “Islamic terrorism”. Rightly, Muslims fail to understand how Islam, a heartfelt experience of serenity, can possibly be linked to killing and mayhem. Yet there are those who hide behind the mask of being Muslim, while advocating Islamist separatism and confrontation with the West. It is these culprits, the advocates of Wahhabi-Islamist ideology, that we must confront. But how?

for the complete article
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/article2010048.ece

So glad that, once again, we're "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here".

Gee.... wonder if the Bush apologists are going to offer any criticism for Bushy's pretend WOT.

It seems CNN has different standards when it comes to covering terrorism during the Clinton years and the Bush years

CNN Rediscovers Saddam's Govt Backed Terrorism, Notes Clinton Airstrike Anniversary
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on July 1, 2007 - 14:53.
On Tuesday's The Situation Room, CNN's Wolf Blitzer noted that it was the 14th anniversary of a cruise missile attack on Iraq, ordered by then-President Clinton, in retaliation for a plot to assassinate former President Bush in Kuwait earlier that year. CNN also played a clip of the CNN correspondent from June 26, 1993 in which, referring to President Clinton's speech to the nation, Blitzer relayed the Clinton administration's desire "to make sure that the Iraqi government does not engage in what the U.S. describes as state-sponsored terrorism." (Transcript follows)

Below is a complete transcript of the item from the June 26 The Situation Room on CNN:

WOLF BLITZER: Here's an historic footnote. Fourteen years ago today, U.S. forces launched 23 cruise missiles against Iraqi intelligence headquarters in Baghdad. President Clinton ordered the attack--retaliation for a failed Iraqi assassination attempt against former President Bush two months earlier in Kuwait. CNN's then-senior White House correspondent reported on the missile strike.

BLITZER, in clip from June 26, 1993: If there were more of these kinds of operations in the works, as the President says, and as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Defense Secretary all say, this will send a powerful wake-up call to officials in Baghdad that this Clinton administration is as determined as the Bush administration to make sure that the Iraqi government does not engage in what the U.S. describes as state-sponsored terrorism.

BLITZER, on camera live again: Fourteen years ago today. Kuwait later sentenced five Iraqis and a Kuwaiti to death for the assassination attempt.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13863

Attachments

• $2006-08-22.png
    $2006-08-22.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 52
5th suspect under arrest
By Rob Harris
ASSOCIATED PRESS

GLASGOW, Scotland - British police yesterday raided buildings near Glasgow and in central England and made a fifth arrest in a hunt for al Qaeda-linked terrorists behind the fiery attack on the Scottish city's airport and foiled car bombings in London.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown said, "It is clear that we are dealing, in general terms, with people who are associated with al Qaeda."

He warned Britons that the threat would be "longterm and sustained" but said the country would not be cowed by the plot targeting Central London and Glasgow's airport.

"We will not yield, we will not be intimidated, and we will not allow anyone to undermine our British way of life," he said in a nationally televised interview.

A British government security official said a loose British-wide network appeared to be behind the attacks, but investigators were struggling to pin down suspects' identities — even two arrested after they drove a Jeep Cherokee into Glasgow's main airport terminal Saturday and set the vehicle ablaze.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070702/FOREIGN/107020066/1001

There goes my theory about home-grown terrorists. BBC is reporting Iranians and Iraqis involved. For some reason that seems that much more ominous to me.

Correct

Now, if pnly the left will drop the talking point about the war on terror being a bumber sticker slogan - and join the real world

There goes my theory about home-grown terrorists. BBC is reporting Iranians and Iraqis involved. For some reason that seems that much more ominous to me.
It would seem that there would be a better chance of blocking terrorist attacks if they came from foreign nationals, as opposed to being perpetrated by local citizens. But the UK has terror from both sources.

It would seem that there would be a better chance of blocking terrorist attacks if they came from foreign nationals, as opposed to being perpetrated by local citizens. But the UK has terror from both sources.

The war on terror is spreading and the storm is gathering

Meanwhile the left thinks it is all a scare tactic

They do. Again from the BBC it appears that some of the arrested persons have been living in the UK for a couple of years. I don't want to say "sleeper cells" but I have to admit it popped into my mind. Bur in one way the Brits have an advantage, it's a small country, geographically speaking and it's quite heavily policed, they have a lot of police resources and although police forces are organised regionally there's a lot of national coordination and control, especially when it comes to national security. And they also have a Muslim population (both immigrant and British-born) that stands to lose a lot out of this. I'm reminded, in the 1970s and 1980s when the IRA terror campaign on the mainland was running, that Irish people living in the UK found it difficult because the various Irish accents (particularly the Ulster accent) scared people.

They do. Again from the BBC it appears that some of the arrested persons have been living in the UK for a couple of years. I don't want to say "sleeper cells" but I have to admit it popped into my mind. Bur in one way the Brits have an advantage, it's a small country, geographically speaking and it's quite heavily policed, they have a lot of police resources and although police forces are organised regionally there's a lot of national coordination and control, especially when it comes to national security. And they also have a Muslim population (both immigrant and British-born) that stands to lose a lot out of this. I'm reminded, in the 1970s and 1980s when the IRA terror campaign on the mainland was running, that Irish people living in the UK found it difficult because the various Irish accents (particularly the Ulster accent) scared people.

Scotland Yard has stopped terrorist attacks by bugging phones, watching Mosques, and tracking the terrorists bank transactions - everything the libs are opposed to the US government doing

Ma, Ma, it's your boy, RSR Jr, can you come over and hold me? Two retards set themselves on fire in Scotland and I pissed all over the rug in the living room when I found out about it. What if they get away, and manage to set themselves on fire in Budapest? Hold me ma, hold me!

Ma, Ma, it's your boy, RSR Jr, can you come over and hold me? Two retards set themselves on fire in Scotland and I pissed all over the rug in the living room when I found out about it. What if they get away, and manage to set themselves on fire in Budapest? Hold me ma, hold me!

I see another lib from the mental ward has been released - and found his way here

Funny how libs ranted after 9-11 they were not warned in advance about the attack - now when they are warned or when attacks failed - they sprew crap about being to worried about terrorists

Forum List

Back