Positive Nationalism: How communists destroy it, a case study

Said1 said:
Are you serious? It's a yes or no question. Given the religious nature of Indian society, I would say it's a relevant question, not necessarily intended to be an argument. Don't be a tardo.

Tardo. lol.

Plus, I don't think communists would limit themselves to attacking religiously heavy forms of nationalism. They would also attack any relatively religion free national identity which espouses non communist values, like self reliance, or individual rights.

rtwngAvngr said:
Tardo. lol.

Plus, I don't think communists would limit themselves to attacking religiously heavy forms of nationalism. They would also attack any relatively religion free national identity which espouses non communist values, like self reliance, or individual rights.

I don't think they would either, Russia is a good example - a real mixed bag between their satellite states and territories.

You think I keep harping on India to bug you, but I'm really not. India really is a facinating study on so many levels. Looking at the inluence of communism, (if any) is just another aspect. I may look into it myself.....later.

Said1 said:
I don't think they would either, Russia is a good example - a real mixed bag between their satellite states and territories.

You think I keep harping on India to bug you, but I'm really not. India really is a facinating study on so many levels. Looking at the inluence of communism, (if any) is just another aspect. I may look into it myself.....later.

India is really amazing. So much poverty and so little violence. Why is that? Our lefty friends keep telling us crime is an unavoidable aspect of poverty. I guess that's just a thinly veiled threat.

rtwngAvngr said:
India is really amazing. So much poverty and so little violence. Why is that? Our lefty friends keep telling us crime is an unavoidable aspect of poverty. I guess that's just a thinly veiled threat.

Given the extreme levels of poverty also makes me think communism would be very appealing and popular. It's a mecca for Marxists, moreso than other states.

Said1 said:
Given the extreme levels of poverty also makes me think communism would be very appealing and popular. It's a mecca for Marxists, moreso than other states.

Hinduism and the caste system teach people that "this is their lot in life". If they're poor they figure it's karmic justice and accept it.

Forum List

Back