Portugal Beats Morocco 1 -0

Glad I missed this shit. Wooo the excitement is immense.
World Cup

Soccer is utterly stupid...

Why is it any more stupid than any other sport?

Basketball, bounce the ball, stick it in the basket.
Baseball, hit the ball and run.
Football, beat your brains out until you're no longer able to think.
Volleyball, hit the ball over the net.
Tennis, hit the ball over the net.
Badminton, hit the shuttlecock over the net.
Table tennis, hit the ball over the net.

All stupid if you want to see them as stupid.

It’s a ridiculous sport. Two teams chase a ball around a field while not trying to score. If they get touched, they flop on the ground. It’s a ridiculous waste of time.

World Cup

It’s a ridiculous sport. Two teams chase a ball around a field while not trying to score. If they get touched, they flop on the ground. It’s a ridiculous waste of time.

And the same for any other sport. You have rules, you have ways of winning, you do your best to win.

I'm enjoying the World Cup. The games are pretty exciting and the play is the best in the world. If you don't like it then... OK. lol
Gee... I can’t wait for Lichtenstein vs. Monrovia...what a thriller that will be.

LMAO! I hear ya. I used to feel the same way. Somewhere along the line I started appreciating it. Maybe it was watching all the players and fans proudly stand and sing their country's anthem with tears in their eyes as opposed to spitting on it. :04:

World Cup

Not to sound crass but it seems to be a sport designed for paraplegics. Like wheelchair basketball played by players with full use of their legs. Like Ricky Bobby.

I'm enjoying the World Cup. The games are pretty exciting and the play is the best in the world. If you don't like it then... OK. lol
Gee... I can’t wait for Lichtenstein vs. Monrovia...what a thriller that will be.

LMAO! I hear ya. I used to feel the same way. Somewhere along the line I started appreciating it. Maybe it was watching all the players and fans proudly stand and sing their country's anthem with tears in their eyes as opposed to spitting on it. :04:
Only one National Anthem you need to stand for. United States of America.

Only one National Anthem you need to stand for. United States of America.

The issue is, this is nation v. nation. Every player in that line up is a citizen of that country. They're playing for their country.

NFL....

sports-chart-of-the-day-the-international-origins-of-nfl-players.jpg

There are players who aren't American in the NFL, not that many, but they're there.

World Cup

And the same for any other sport. You have rules, you have ways of winning, you do your best to win.

Except they don’t play to win. They play not to get beat. This is why this so-called sport will never amount to anything here.

World Cup

Except they don’t play to win. They play not to get beat. This is why this so-called sport will never amount to anything here.

It won't amount to anything in the US because there are other sports.

Perhaps the US likes being the best in the world. At football, they can be, at basketball they can be, at baseball they can be, at soccer they won't be, so what's the point in trying, hey?

World Cup

I think half the time the goalie can sit in the net with a lawn chair and a plate nachos waiting for some action.

World Cup

Philosopher Football Match...just as exciting...

I think half the time the goalie can sit in the net with a lawn chair and a plate nachos waiting for some action.

It's a very difficult position to play. Concentration is massively important. You turn off for a second and then something happens, you'll get punished.

Perhaps the US likes being the best in the world. At football, they can be, at basketball they can be, at baseball they can be, at soccer they won't be, so what's the point in trying, hey?

Why should we try? We’ve already decided we just don’t care about soccer. It’s that simple.

Why should we try? We’ve already decided we just don’t care about soccer. It’s that simple.

You don't have to try. I think the rest of the world would be more than happy that the US sticks to other sports.

Ironically, the largest number of foreigners at the World Cup are Americans.

You don't have to try. I think the rest of the world would be more than happy that the US sticks to other sports.

And that has relevance how? See that’s the thing, Americans do not care about soccer. Never have never will.

And that has relevance how? See that’s the thing, Americans do not care about soccer. Never have never will.

So they don't care about soccer, but more Americans are watching the World Cup live than any other country besides Russia..... hmmmm.......

"I'm sitting here in Moscow watching a soccer match. I hate soccer, why the fuck did I come?"

So they don't care about soccer, but more Americans are watching the World Cup live than any other country besides Russia..... hmmmm.......

"I'm sitting here in Moscow watching a soccer match. I hate soccer, why the fuck did I come?"

Big deal. How is it showing here in the US....hell people watch ice skating at the Olympics every four years, doesn’t mean it’s suddenly going to be the national pastime.

Big deal. How is it showing here in the US....hell people watch ice skating at the Olympics every four years, doesn’t mean it’s suddenly going to be the national pastime.

Did I say it was going to be a national pastime?

It’s not even a blip on the radar

It’s not even a blip on the radar

So?

Forum List

Back