Portraits of Zahra Khanom Tadj ed-Saltaneh, whose beauty stirred 13 to commit suicide when rejected

Is that picture for real PC. What the hell is that thing. A fifth of Jack Daniels and a bag over its head still wouldn’t influence me.

Looks like the father wanted a son and the mother wanted a daughter. Well it looks like they both got their wish. :21:

That's terrible.

Funny....but terrible.

I saw this in Spain:

"This painting is also known by its Spanish name, La Mujer Barbuda. Certainly one of the strangest, most foreboding images in the history of art, Ribera's painting is the portrait of the fifty-two-year-old Magdalena Ventura from Abruzzi with her husband and a newborn baby."

the_bearded_woman.jpg

https://www.artble.com/imgs/5/b/8/925060/the_bearded_woman.jpg

Probably a hoax, but more on this painting and its subject here:

La Mujer Barbuda by Ribera, 1631: a gender bender

Looks like the father wanted a son and the mother wanted a daughter. Well it looks like they both got their wish. :21:

That's terrible.

Funny....but terrible.

I saw this in Spain:

"This painting is also known by its Spanish name, La Mujer Barbuda. Certainly one of the strangest, most foreboding images in the history of art, Ribera's painting is the portrait of the fifty-two-year-old Magdalena Ventura from Abruzzi with her husband and a newborn baby."

the_bearded_woman.jpg

Have you been to the Prado?

That's terrible.

Funny....but terrible.

I saw this in Spain:

the_bearded_woman.jpg

Just via big coffee table books and Museum collection books. I remembered that picture, though, and just looked it up. Only found one article in English, though, so posted a link to that one. Didn't know it was at the Prado.

That's terrible.

Funny....but terrible.

I saw this in Spain:

the_bearded_woman.jpg

Just via big coffee table books and Museum collection books. I remembered that picture, though, and just looked it up. Only found one article in English, though, so posted a link to that one. Didn't know it was at the Prado.

I've been lucky enough to have been to the Prado....but, a couple of times to the finest art museum in the world.

"The Uffizi Gallery (Italian: Galleria degli Uffizi, pronounced [ɡalleˈriːa deʎʎ ufˈfittsi]) is a prominent art museum located adjacent to the Piazza della Signoria in the Historic Centre of Florence in the region of Tuscany, Italy. One of the most important Italian museums and the most visited, it is also one of the largest and best known in the world and holds a collection of priceless works, particularly from the period of the Italian Renaissance."
Uffizi - Wikipedia

That's terrible.

Funny....but terrible.

I saw this in Spain:

the_bearded_woman.jpg

I've been lucky enough to have been to the Prado....but, a couple of times to the finest art museum in the world.

"The Uffizi Gallery (Italian: Galleria degli Uffizi, pronounced [ɡalleˈriːa deʎʎ ufˈfittsi]) is a prominent art museum located adjacent to the Piazza della Signoria in the Historic Centre of Florence in the region of Tuscany, Italy. One of the most important Italian museums and the most visited, it is also one of the largest and best known in the world and holds a collection of priceless works, particularly from the period of the Italian Renaissance."
Uffizi - Wikipedia

Yes, that Museum's collections would fill several books. Their collections don't do tours that reach my city, though.

Forum List

Back