Portraits of Zahra Khanom Tadj ed-Saltaneh, whose beauty stirred 13 to commit suicide when rejected

Some folks have low expectations of beauty. I still laugh :21:and say that is one ugly M/F

If she had lived in today's world.....

51596764_579611065855724_3162435959652352000_n.jpg

hahahahahaha those eyebrows omg I think this was back before islam completely conquered the culture Obviously muslim women don't show leg and boob
A Persian royal in the early 1900s. It explains a lot.
What exactly does it explain?
It explains why they hide their women.

hahahahahaha those eyebrows omg I think this was back before islam completely conquered the culture Obviously muslim women don't show leg and boob
Well, strictly speaking this woman belonged to the Qajar dynasty which were Turks. Lets give Persian women one more chance.

Looks like the father wanted a son and the mother wanted a daughter. Well it looks like they both got their wish. :21:

Well, strictly speaking this woman belonged to the Qajar dynasty which were Turks. Lets give Persian women one more chance.
Ah so this was before the muslims held sway..the bare, splayed legs and the exposed tits (moobs?) are therefore explained.

Ah so this was before the muslims held sway..the bare, splayed legs and the exposed tits (moobs?) are therefore explained.
Not exactly. The Turks also were Muslims. Moreover, the Shia brunch of Islam was set as a state religion in then Persia by the Turks dynasty of Safavids.

Not exactly. The Turks also were Muslims. Moreover, the Shia brunch of Islam was set as a state religion in then Persia by the Turks dynasty of Safavids.
When I said "it explains why they hide their women" I was referencing muslims, not Persians.

So while fascinating your smug patter is irrelevant to my comment.

Not really since Italy has many a bearded lady..
When I said "it explains why they hide their women" I was referencing muslims, not Persians.

So while fascinating your smug patter is irrelevant to my comment.
Well, the Persians are also Muslims, and they also hide their women. )

Looks like the father wanted a son and the mother wanted a daughter. Well it looks like they both got their wish. :21:

That's terrible.

Funny....but terrible.

I saw this in Spain:

"This painting is also known by its Spanish name, La Mujer Barbuda. Certainly one of the strangest, most foreboding images in the history of art, Ribera's painting is the portrait of the fifty-two-year-old Magdalena Ventura from Abruzzi with her husband and a newborn baby."

the_bearded_woman.jpg

https://www.artble.com/imgs/5/b/8/925060/the_bearded_woman.jpg

Forum List

Back