Portrait of Jesus was taken down in Kansas public school

BUT - Kansas Public School Takes Down Portrait Of Jesus After Complaint

de5c2d9c6678a6a6e77e306503c974a4.jpeg

So the war against Christianity goes on. I’m not so religious but I see it’s unfair. The portrait of Jesus without any religious symbols is easy to tolerate for every muslim, as well as I tolerate easily the shapes of mosque that appears in my field of vision while I walk the street. Now we see that more Christians are offended than non-Christians could be offended.
you have to be kidding me with this 'war against christianity' bullshit

do you really want your public schools teaching kids about jesus? that portrait had no place in the school.

So the war against Christianity goes on. I’m not so religious but I see it’s unfair. The portrait of Jesus without any religious symbols is easy to tolerate for every muslim, as well as I tolerate easily the shapes of mosque that appears in my field of vision while I walk the street. Now we see that more Christians are offended than non-Christians could be offended.

do you really want your public schools teaching kids about jesus? that portrait had no place in the school.

As far as I can see it had a place for decades. Now the place is empty. And this statisfies you. Why?

I see every Christian hating zealot on the board, not odd they're all progs, had to drop in this thread and bash Christianity.

If there is Satan's legions, one could easily assume they're all liberal leftist progressive democrats.
Nonsense.

Again, following the Constitution and obeying its case law is not an 'attack' on Christianity; a similar un-Constitutional symbol or image other than Christian would have been likewise removed.

The school was wise to remove the image, and not waste the taxpayers' time and money in a futile defense of a clear Establishment Clause violation.

I see every Christian hating zealot on the board, not odd they're all progs, had to drop in this thread and bash Christianity.

If there is Satan's legions, one could easily assume they're all liberal leftist progressive democrats.
Nonsense.

Again, following the Constitution and obeying its case law is not an 'attack' on Christianity; a similar un-Constitutional symbol or image other than Christian would have been likewise removed.

The school was wise to remove the image, and not waste the taxpayers' time and money in a futile defense of a clear Establishment Clause violation.

"taxpayers money" is not a clear responsibility. What happens if this school is educating only atheists and no one else? Why is only the belief of atheists important in this case and not the belief of other people? Are only atheists paying taxes for this school? What's the concrete reason to prefer the belief atheism?

As far as I can see it had a place for decades. Now the place is empty. And this statisfies you. Why?

Because the schools should be teaching truth not fantasy. If Jesus existed he was not the effeminate white guy depicted in the photo.

A "Freedom From Religion Foundation" speaks not in the names of Muslims. I never heard from a Muslim in my area here who liked to tear crosses from our walls in school. In my area Nazis and Commies teared once crosses from our walls. And so it's sometimes very confusing for me to see, that the modern times now starts also to tear crosses from the walls - or a picture of Jesus in this case. That's not a good sign. Lots of our people here prefer that every pupil or student, who is not a Christian, should bring his sign of religion into his classroom too and hang it besides the cross and other symbols of different religions. I guess that's in general the difference between the real right "Freedom of Religion" and the strange pseudoright "Freedom from Religion". I don't know, why naked walls should show only one belief: atheism. We lose a lot of informations in such a case - and a school is not a place where we should lose informations.

There are Sunday schools at church and the church can put up huge portraits of Jesus or anyone else. Why would anyone in any religion insist on a picture of their 'god' be hanging in a school? Other than 'well that's how's its always been'.

I personally don't have any issue with a picture of Jesus or any other god hanging anywhere, it does not offend me. But to have it hanging in a school seems over the top. These children don't go to church? And if they do they don't get enough religion in church?

When churches start hanging pictures of Zeus and Mithra in their churches then you'll have an argument. Churches ban all other god's images hanging in their church yes?

Cut your roots and you will fall - so easy is it. And for sure should in a good school be a book, a picture and/or a statue of a greek god because otherwise no one is able to understand the roots of the western world. I would prefer Pallas Athene because Athens was the first democracy in the world.

Probably you should read first.

I said, when Zeus and the Kracken images are hanging in CHURCHES, see that word, it doesn't mean 'school' it means CHURCH, then kristians would have an argument.

That you would try to convolute what I said speaks to your lack of integrity and the sand your idea is built on.

Worship 'gods' in 'god' houses, leave reality to the schools.

Because the schools should be teaching truth not fantasy.

It's an interesting belief what you say here. In case you are wrong you are misusing public schools to teach the belief of a minority. But even if your belief would be the mainstream you would hurt the right "freedom of religion" if you try to force this school to cut gown the own roots without giving first new strong wings. And the most strange thing: even in case your belief would be true you would fight against fantasy in schools and their children.

If Jesus existed
No serios historian doubts in the existance of the person Jesus and/or the christian religion.

he was not the effeminate white guy depicted in the photo.

Jesus is nothing what you antiknow about him. But I have the strange feeling you are a white guy who is happy about that the white guys are dying out worldwide.

Last edited:

It's an interesting belief what you say here. In case you are wrong you are misusing public schools to teach the belief of a minority. But even if your belief would be the mainstream you would hurt the right "freedom of religion". And the most strange thing: even in case your belief would be true you would fight against fantasy in schools and their children.

If Jesus existed
No serios historian doubts in the existance of the person Jesus and/or the christian religion.

Jesus is more than you antiknow about him. But I have the strange feeling you are a white guy who is happy about that the white guys are dying out worldwide. If so .ewhat ab out to speak with a psychologist about your problems?

Your first paragraph makes no sense. Jesus should not be hanging in a public school. The very thought goes against science. Conflicting messages should not be sent. If Jesus existed he wouldnt be a effeminate white dude.

There are plenty of serious historians that doubt the existence of Jesus. The letter J was not even in use back then.

Yes Jesus is more than most people know about him. For starters he is a great symbol of mass brainwashing. I dont care much if white guys die out. It would actually be a big benefit to the world.

Last edited:

A "Freedom From Religion Foundation" speaks not in the names of Muslims. I never heard from a Muslim in my area here who liked to tear crosses from our walls in school. In my area Nazis and Commies teared once crosses from our walls. And so it's sometimes very confusing for me to see, that the modern times now starts also to tear crosses from the walls - or a picture of Jesus in this case. That's not a good sign. Lots of our people here prefer that every pupil or student, who is not a Christian, should bring his sign of religion into his classroom too and hang it besides the cross and other symbols of different religions. I guess that's in general the difference between the real right "Freedom of Religion" and the strange pseudoright "Freedom from Religion". I don't know, why naked walls should show only one belief: atheism. We lose a lot of informations in such a case - and a school is not a place where we should lose informations.

There are Sunday schools at church and the church can put up huge portraits of Jesus or anyone else. Why would anyone in any religion insist on a picture of their 'god' be hanging in a school? Other than 'well that's how's its always been'.

I personally don't have any issue with a picture of Jesus or any other god hanging anywhere, it does not offend me. But to have it hanging in a school seems over the top. These children don't go to church? And if they do they don't get enough religion in church?

When churches start hanging pictures of Zeus and Mithra in their churches then you'll have an argument. Churches ban all other god's images hanging in their church yes?

Cut your roots and you will fall - so easy is it. And for sure should in a good school be a book, a picture and/or a statue of a greek god because otherwise no one is able to understand the roots of the western world. I would prefer Pallas Athene because Athens was the first democracy in the world.

Probably you should read first.

I said, when Zeus and the Kracken images are hanging in CHURCHES,

I read it, but this made no sense in my thoughts.

see that word, it doesn't mean 'school' it means CHURCH, then kristians

Celebrating K-mas with K-trees?

would have an argument.

That you would try to convolute what I said speaks to your lack of integrity and the sand your idea is built on.

Worship 'gods' in 'god' houses, leave reality to the schools.

Sorry - but I was and I am not able to see any substance in this thought. Also in ancient greece existed different temples for different gods. And in general the theme here is not about church service - it's about freedom of religion and freedom of science (schools). I see both elementary rights not respected in this case. Also a school has rights and has not only to follow the will of someone who says "I am the taxpayers money".

Last edited:

images

Representations of my God are everywhere you look even In all the public areas... Exactly how are you going to take them all down if my religious beliefs become dominant in this country?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

It's an interesting belief what you say here. In case you are wrong you are misusing public schools to teach the belief of a minority. But even if your belief would be the mainstream you would hurt the right "freedom of religion". And the most strange thing: even in case your belief would be true you would fight against fantasy in schools and their children.

If Jesus existed

Jesus is more than you antiknow about him. But I have the strange feeling you are a white guy who is happy about that the white guys are dying out worldwide. If so .ewhat ab out to speak with a psychologist about your problems?

Your first paragraph makes no sense. Jesus should not be hanging in a public school. The very thought goes against science. Conflicting messages should not be sent. If Jesus existed he wouldnt be a effeminate white dude.

There are plenty of serious historians that doubt the existence of Jesus.

What's just simple wrong.

The letter J was not even in use back then.

J-mas? Why not?

Yes Jesus is more than most people know about him. For starters he is a great symbol of mass brainwashing. I dont care much if white guys die out. It would actually be a big benefit to the world.

I was not ready with my answer when you answered yet. I changed this words. And still I don't have the feeling to speak with someone who is not white. But maybe this is an illusion of the indogermanic language you are using. Whatever. I am the last of my tribe. It's your future, not my future. The only problem: I don't like your future - but so it's on the other side not a bad feeling to die out.

Last edited:
You can't have pictures of long-haired hippies on the walls of the schools. What's the matter with you folks?

If Jesus existed

J-mas? Why not?

I was not ready with my answer when you answered yet. I changed this words. And still I don't have the feeling to speak with someone who is not white. But maybe this is an illusion of the indogermanic language you are using. Whatever. I am the last of my tribe. It's your future, not my future. The only problem: I don't like your future - but so it's on the other side not a bad feeling to die out.

I am assuming you meant "thats just simply wrong". No youre simply wrong.

Whats J-mas and what does that have to do with the fact there was no letter J back when Jesus was around?

I'm not particularly interested in your feelings regarding my race.

Are you from the us or another english speaking country? Your grasp of the english language seems tenuous at best.

If Jesus existed

J-mas? Why not?

Whats J-mas and what does that have to do with the fact there was no letter J back when Jesus was around?

Are you from the us or another english speaking country? Your grasp of the english language seems tenuous at best.

I think he's a coon.

If Jesus existed

J-mas? Why not?

I think he's a coon.

I think he may be from your monkey tribe. :cool-45:

Jesus was delusional if he existed at all. There is no reason to glorify a wingnut on any wall in a place of learning of factual information. There are plenty of venues to glorify people in history associated with the belief in sky fairies. They are called churches.

Why do some people believe it is their right to promote their religious beliefs on others in public settings?

These people are not much different than ISIS these days killing others if they do not convert to the ISIS version of Islam. It is just the degree of their insistence. The methodology minus the killing and the hoped for end result is the same. Christians believe that it is their mission to "save" everyone. That belief makes it imperative in their minds to force their christian religion on everyone.

If Jesus existed

J-mas? Why not?

It's nonsense what you say about history and historians.

Okay then let us try χ-mas.

What's by the way a wonderful sophisticated form of your own racism.

Are you from the us or another english speaking country?

I'm a German.

Your grasp of the english language seems tenuous at best.

I guess that's humor. But Germans like I don't have any form of humor, except Jesus gives us the order to have humor. I this case we are killing our enemies with tears and feathers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back