Port News

Wow. It looks like my prediction was off. I predicted that they would put forward a plan with "changes" and then everybody would claim victory through "compromise".

no1tovote4 said:
Wow. It looks like my prediction was off. I predicted that they would put forward a plan with "changes" and then everybody would claim victory through "compromise".

I thought it might go that way too but after opponents successfully framed it as "selling out security" it was all over. Gotta watch those polls.

dilloduck said:
I thought it might go that way too but after opponents successfully framed it as "selling out security" it was all over. Gotta watch those polls.
You really don't get the difference between polls and responding to constituents? That was the problem.

Kathianne said:
You really don't get the difference between polls and responding to constituents? That was the problem.

Doesn't matter--neither one of us can prove for a fact why congressmen voted the way they did. I guess America is still ok with allowing the UAE to profit from the deal.

dilloduck said:
Doesn't matter--neither one of us can prove for a fact why congressmen voted the way they did. I guess America is still ok with allowing the UAE to profit from the deal.
Yeah it does matter, when people recognize they do have power, politicians will clean up their acts, from pork to security. As for $$$ for Dubai, more power to them.

Kathianne said:
Yeah it does matter, when people recognize they do have power, politicians will clean up their acts, from pork to security. As for $$$ for Dubai, more power to them.

When politicians realize that the public has been hoodwinked, they better switch sides real quick to keep thier jobs too.
Who knows how they came to thier decision. Looks like the UAE is going to totally divest itself here so I guess they won't be using thier profits to support terrorism.

They've already withdrawn their bid for the ports so i guess its a dead issue now.

Now we can turn to making the ports more secure period. Regardless who owns them.

They've already withdrawn their bid for the ports so i guess its a dead issue now.

Now we can turn to making the ports more secure period. Regardless who owns them.

Yup--now we will see who is REALLY interested in securing our country--if anyone.

Well, I think YOU have the right attitude.

Put a period on it, and move on.

I agree. :coffee3:

HA! The Democrats havn't gotten nearly the milage out of this they could have gotten and they know it. They still have a lot of harumphing to do. This is gonna be up for a while now.

Kathianne said:

The thing is the people were being actively misled in a most disgusting manner by the media and the Dems. Non-stop "ZOMG ARABS OWNING OUR PORTS!!!! WE R GONNA GET NUXXORED!!!!!!" A veritable tidal wave of hysteria.

theim said:
The thing is the people were being actively misled in a most disgusting manner by the media and the Dems. Non-stop "ZOMG ARABS OWNING OUR PORTS!!!! WE R GONNA GET NUXXORED!!!!!!" A veritable tidal wave of hysteria.
Not myself, I have serious reservations about all the ports.

Forum List

Back