Port Gate

rtwngAvngr said:
Has anyone here ever heard of the old phrase: "Better safe than sorry?" It applies here. Their history with terrorism is enough for me to kill the thing for all time. Call me too conservative.

Wow... imagine if Bush had taken that tack on September 12th. We'd already being being Arabic. Ya Allah!

dilloduck said:
I'm still waiting for facts. Too conservative ?? :laugh:
I don’t think you’re lookin for facts at all. I think you’re just waiting to argue more, but here’s a fact; the UAE supports terrorism, terrorism hell bent on destroying the west.
That alone is enough for me to say NO to this deal. Maybe you’d like to just wait and see when the first event occurs, and ask stupid questions like, shouldn’t we have known this could happen? Or, what did we know and when did we know it? Or, who in their right mind would allow a terrorism supporter to have ANYTHING to do with U.S. ports?
Don’t ask for links, the information has been posted all over this board.

Mr. P said:
I don’t think you’re lookin for facts at all. I think you’re just waiting to argue more, but here’s a fact; the UAE supports terrorism, terrorism hell bent on destroying the west.
That alone is enough for me to say NO to this deal. Maybe you’d like to just wait and see when the first event occurs, and ask stupid questions like, shouldn’t we have known this could happen? Or, what did we know and when did we know it? Or, who in their right mind would allow a terrorism supporter to have ANYTHING to do with U.S. ports?
Don’t ask for links, the information has been posted all over this board.

disinformation you mean---where is the proof that this deal endangers national security? I haven't heard anything concrete about it---anywhere!
should be simple--tired of me?--show me proof.

dilloduck said:
this can't be right---it infers that there has been changes to the system since 1776.

The 1776 operation has not changed....collect taxes and provide port security...but technology has somewhat caught up...duh! :clap1: That is if ya have a Independent mind along with politics!

dilloduck said:
Listen closely----I have never said I was for the deal. I can't get any information about it. To reject this deal for the reasons that have been proffered so far would be irresponsible AND play right into the DU, liberal BS.
Watching the knee-jerk reactions by so many consevatives is depressing and I'm trying to understand why. I've looked at all the reasons listed on my other post and all of them are based on predjudice. Gotta problem with me wanting some hard core facts?

Yeah, you did:

#90 Dillo says the deal should go through!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29566&page=6&pp=15

dilloduck said:
Your interpratation of what I say is simply amazing--no wonder we don't understand each other.------there is NOTHING in that quote that says Ithink the deal should go through. NOTHING!

Originally Posted by Kathianne
Yep, Gonzales. Bush wants to grant amnesty and still not get the Southern border closed. I'm not arguing that there aren't plenty of companies and individuals that want to keep cheap labor sources and many of the rest of us would bitch when prices for vegetables skyrocketed, but that doesn't change the fact that it's just too damn dangerous.

I have said Xth number of times, set the quotas for Mexico as high as the government wants, but then enforce the immigration rules on ALL illegals.

Dillo's response:
National Security has a million subheadings, all of which have thier own unique problems and solutions. I would lock down our southern border in a heartbeat before I would deny the UAE the port lease. The vetting process for "illegals" ain't all that great when compared to the UAE.
While the both are of national security concern, trying to compare the problems is apples and oranges.

Kathianne said:

Dillo's response:
National Security has a million subheadings, all of which have thier own unique problems and solutions. I would lock down our southern border in a heartbeat before I would deny the UAE the port lease. The vetting process for "illegals" ain't all that great when compared to the UAE.
While the both are of national security concern, trying to compare the problems is apples and oranges.

I would lock down our southern border in a heartbeat before I would deny the UAE the port lease.

this doesn't say the deal should go through----it just plain doesn't.

dilloduck said:
I would lock down our southern border in a heartbeat before I would deny the UAE the port lease.

this doesn't say the deal should go through----it just plain doesn't.
Ok.

Forum List

Back