Port Gate

dilloduck said:
no--I'm mocking the claim that buger king and arby's are good examples of how international ports are operated and somehow proof that the UAE will know or have access to every bit of top security information that the US has.
You guys are the ones making this claim. You provide any links--ANY to back that up. The best evidence you have put forth so far is the personal opinion from someone who used to work at Arbys and the Coast Guard.
No one has made a claim of "Top Secret" information except you, dillo.
Unless It was a post I didn't read, yer pissin in the wind, AGAIN.

Dillo's getting more and more desperate as more info comes out. The republicans can save themselves if they come out against this right now. If they stick with bush, they're dead.

Mr. P said:
No one has made a claim of "Top Secret" information except you, dillo.
Unless It was a post I didn't read, yer pissin in the wind, AGAIN.

Right--TOP SECRET was part of the mockery. If everyone is so damn certain that DPW will gain access to information that threatens America, it should be simple to post it and prove me to be the idiot that you claim.

SHOW ME

dilloduck said:
Right--TOP SECRET was part of the mockery. If everyone is so damn certain that DPW will gain access to information that threatens America, it should be simple to post it and prove me to be the idiot that you claim.

SHOW ME

No. You're an imbecile for assuming they'll have none.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. You're an imbecile for assuming they'll have none.

:rotflmao: I didnt think you could. People are imbeciles for assuming anything before they know the facts.

dilloduck said:
:rotflmao: I didnt think you could. People are imbeciles for assuming anything before they know the facts.

How do you explain your commitment to the deal then?

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1161466,00.html

"It shouldn't matter whether the company is from Des Moines or Dubai, do you have confidence that they are essentially doing things that safeguard our security interest?" says Flynn. And the main weakness he sees in security arrangements at ports throughout the U.S. is that they're largely the responsibility of private companies who are expected to police themselves.

rtwngAvngr said:
How do you explain your commitment to the deal then?

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1161466,00.html

Listen closely----I have never said I was for the deal. I can't get any information about it. To reject this deal for the reasons that have been proffered so far would be irresponsible AND play right into the DU, liberal BS.
Watching the knee-jerk reactions by so many consevatives is depressing and I'm trying to understand why. I've looked at all the reasons listed on my other post and all of them are based on predjudice. Gotta problem with me wanting some hard core facts?

dilloduck said:
Listen closely----...Gotta problem with me wanting some hard core facts?
Here's the problem, dillo. Take your own advise, thread after thread, and post after post have made the threat clear, it IS "you" who is not listening.

Mr. P said:
Here's the problem, dillo. Take your own advise, thread after thread, and post after post have made the threat clear, it IS "you" who is not listening.

oh ya--I'm listening to people try to spin the situation to sound like we will all be killed if the UAE operates some ports. Sorry I am not toeing the USMB line.

dilloduck said:
oh ya--I'm listening to people try to spin the situation to sound like we will all be killed if the UAE operates some ports. Sorry I am not toeing the USMB line.
Haven't heard spin, cept from the supporters. I haven't heard anyone claim "we will all be killed" either.

Where can I find that USMB line? Would it be in announcements?
Which "line" are you toeing? The BS line, or the Blind following the blind line?

Mr. P said:
Haven't heard spin, cept from the supporters. I haven't heard anyone claim "we will all be killed" either.

Where can I find that USMB line? Would it be in announcements?
Which "line" are you toeing? The BS line, or the Blind following the blind line?

My own common sense that says objectively weigh all the facts before jumping to conclusions. When someone tells me that Arbys' or Burger King is a good comparison to make when speaking of the port deal, I think I need to look into the situation a little further. Get any of those facts I asked you for yet or can I just look at the 1776 port operations manual?

dilloduck said:
My own common sense that says objectively weigh all the facts before jumping to conclusions. When someone tells me that Arbys' or Burger King is a good comparison to make when speaking of the port deal, I think I need to look into the situation a little further. Get any of those facts I asked you for yet or can I just look at the 1776 port operations manual?
Look at whatever you like, dillo. Guess it's the BS line ya follow.

dilloduck said:

You decided right off the bat you were for the deal. FOr gravitas I guess.

Has anyone here ever heard of the old phrase: "Better safe than sorry?" It applies here. Their history with terrorism is enough for me to kill the thing for all time. Call me too conservative.

rtwngAvngr said:
Has anyone here ever heard of the old phrase: "Better safe than sorry?" It applies here. Their history with terrorism is enough for me to kill the thing for all time. Call me too conservative.

I'm still waiting for facts. Too conservative ?? :laugh:

dilloduck said:
I'm still waiting for facts. Too conservative ?? :laugh:

Are you saying they don't have access to packing lists. Or won't be able to see when containers are chosen for inspection?

WIth access to just those two, they can determine what the rules are for searching. And can tell terrorist how to pack better.

rtwngAvngr said:
Are you saying they don't have access to packing lists. Or won't be able to see when containers are chosen for inspection?

WIth access to just those two, they can determine what the rules are for searching. And can tell terrorist how to pack better.

:tinfoil: get well soon !

Forum List

Back