'Population Bomb' Published 50 Years Ago, so Why Are We Still ALIVE? lol

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is so funny. Paul Erhlichdickfaceidiot said we would all be dead now, but somehow the human race has managed to pull through, just like we will with Global Warming, Climate Change, Leftwing Nazi World Government, Global Pandemics, etc.

We human beings will not disappear from the face of the Earth till GOD SAYS SO, BUBBA!

Fifty Years on from Paul Ehrlich's The Population Bomb: So How Come We're Not All Dead, Yet?

This year marks the 50th anniversary of Paul Ehrlich’s eco-doom bestseller The Population Bomb. Maybe we should all stage a mass die-in to spare the distinguished Stanford biology professor his embarrassment.
Well if Ehrlich is not embarrassed, he should be. His book sold over three million copies – presumably making him a very decent amount of money. It turned him into an academic rock star, helped win him numerous prizes (often with large sums of money attached) and may well have been responsible for winning him the post he still occupies aged 85 as Bing Professor of Population Studies at Stanford University…

…And all for writing a book which is essentially junk. Not just junk but dangerous junk. It’s bad enough that it got its predictions – about a disastrous population collapse due to resource depletion – wrong. But far worse was the damage it did to public and political consciousness, doing much to generate the environmental hysteria we see gripping the world today.

In fact, The Population Bomb did the one thing which science books aren’t supposed to do: it actually made the people who read it more stupid.

You see its malign influence today everywhere from the whispery prognostications of gorilla-hugging Malthusian David Attenborough to all those people who say they agree with me on climate change but then go on to tell me with a knowing, conspiratorial tap of the side of their noses that “Of course, the real elephant in the room is overpopulation.”

I hope it does happen, as long as I live. My neighbors can go fuck themselves.

In an existence so unthinkably complex, it'll never cease to amaze me how people can be so self-assured in their belief that they've managed to take into account all of the myriad factors necessary to accurately predict the fucking future. The sheer intellectual arrogance of anyone who claims to have the 411 on how the world's gonna end is something I'll always find endlessly amusing and unrelentingly in-fucking-furiating!

Sily Bowie-------you still do not know------we have been living on SOYLENT GREEN

The reason you are still here is because many countries around the world slashed their population growth.
Birth_rate_in_China.svg

"until god says so"
ummm havent we been hearing that doom and gloom for thousands of years? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back