Poppy Fascism 2018

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
images

Everybody buys a poppy in the run up to Armistice Day. The money raised goes to forces charities. My Mam sells them in a local supermarket.

But the whole thing has been hijacked by right wing trash to such an extent that anyone in the public eye has to be seen wearing one or face abuse.

ITV News presenter Charlene White reveals why she WON'T wear a poppy on screen after vile abuse from trolls

This chap, a Serb, is being attacked for not wearing a poppy transfer on his football shirt.

Nemanja Matić trolled by fans for wearing Man United shirt without poppy

Clubs never used to do that. Its just a sign of the troll society we have become.

Its got to the point where it is virtually meaningless. If you have to be shamed into doing something then what is the point ?

I buy a poppy but I dont always wear it. Its pinned to one coat I have and if I am not wearing it then so be it. Do you have poppy appeal in the US ?

images

Nope, not even Europe. I looked it up, nowhere else except UK and Commonwealth.

I remember, back in the day, veterans wearing poppies on American Memorial Day.

I haven't seen it here for a long time.

‘I am DISGUSTED!’ Fury after poppy sellers KICKED OUT of shops over ‘public safety’ fears
More poppy fury.

John Paul Gaughan, 59, and Vic Emery, 57, were selling poppies at intu Uxbridge, west London ahead of Remembrance Day.

But the former soldiers, who served in the army for 50 years, but were told to leave as they did not have permission to be at the precinct.

Undeterred, Mr Gaughan and Mr Emery continued to sell the poppies next to the centre’s entrance.

They were invited to return inside, but declined the offer.

Whining old bastards.

images

Everybody buys a poppy in the run up to Armistice Day. The money raised goes to forces charities. My Mam sells them in a local supermarket.

But the whole thing has been hijacked by right wing trash to such an extent that anyone in the public eye has to be seen wearing one or face abuse.

ITV News presenter Charlene White reveals why she WON'T wear a poppy on screen after vile abuse from trolls

This chap, a Serb, is being attacked for not wearing a poppy transfer on his football shirt.

Nemanja Matić trolled by fans for wearing Man United shirt without poppy

Clubs never used to do that. Its just a sign of the troll society we have become.

Its got to the point where it is virtually meaningless. If you have to be shamed into doing something then what is the point ?

I buy a poppy but I dont always wear it. Its pinned to one coat I have and if I am not wearing it then so be it. Do you have poppy appeal in the US ?

images

There's that McClean guy who plays for Stoke too. He's been getting abuse for years, including death threats etc. Then he calls these muppets something like undereducated neanderthal and the FA decide to go after him.

John Paul Gaughan, 59, and Vic Emery, 57, were selling poppies at intu Uxbridge, west London ahead of Remembrance Day.

But the former soldiers, who served in the army for 50 years

They joined the Army at nine and seven, respectively? What kind of army does England have?

5805e6ccc46188d0568b4567.jpg

I know you guys had an Empire to build, but who is going to sweep all those chimneys if the children are all off dying in Flanders?

They joined the Army at nine and seven, respectively? What kind of army does England have?

I know you guys had an Empire to build, but who is going to sweep all those chimneys if the children are all off dying in Flanders?
Foreign nationals to be allowed to join armed forces without having lived in UK
Help is at hand.

Help is at hand.
Yes, but only from the Commonwealth. It's not like the French Foreign Legion.

Help is at hand.

Commonwealth soldiers frequently serve seconded to the British Armed Forces. This has been happening for over 100 years.

Just ask those poor blokes at Gallipoli.

Help is at hand.

Commonwealth soldiers frequently serve seconded to the British Armed Forces. This has been happening for over 100 years.

And generally we have treated them like shit.
Gurkha veterans lose pensions parity fight

Help is at hand.

And generally we have treated them like shit.
Gurkha veterans lose pensions parity fight

I knew a lot of Gurkhas in Korea and Hong Kong. Pukka chaps. They clearly got a raw deal from England. So did all of Hong Kong for that matter.

Forum List

Back