Pope's illness starts talk of succession

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=21&u=/nm/20050202/wl_nm/pope_succession_dc_2

Amazing the man hasnt died yet and the media is already all over who will follow him as Pope. it seems to be all politics going on too. I think the most telling part of the article is the following:

Liberal Catholics have balked at bans on female priests, contraception and gay marriages. They have made it clear they want a more democratic Church in the future.

Conservatives hailed him as a divine messenger who took a Church buffeted by the winds of liberalism in the 1960s and 1970s and put it back on the theologically straight and narrow.

If Liberal Catholics get control of the Pontiff's seat I think you can pretty much kiss the influence of Catholicism goodbye. Liberals dont seem to understand that you cant determine truth through a Democratic vote. I mean I dont agree that the Catholic Church teaches the truth on anything but its just the whole concept about it. God isn't going to make the World Flat just because people vote it flat.

But like i was saying if liberals take control of the Catholic Church and start allowing things like gay marriages you will see major schism.

Have you ever read about that Saint a few hundred years ago that wrote out all the names of the popes that were ever to be? According to him, there are only two left after John Paul before the end of the papalcy for whatever reason.....

Here it is: Prophecy of St Malachy

freeandfun1 said:
Have you ever read about that Saint a few hundred years ago that wrote out all the names of the popes that were ever to be? According to him, there are only two left after John Paul before the end of the papalcy for whatever reason.....

No cant say i have. What can you tell me about this?

gop_jeff said:
It's the other popes that don't necessarily fit.

I can't say I know enough about the popes to know if any of the descriptions fit or not....

Come on folks..as frail as he's been for so long, you know the successors are already in line, it's just a matter of time.

Liberals taking over the Catholic Church? Come on...Liberal and Catholic hardly go together.

The end of the world is near? Yeah, heard that, geee back in the 60s for the first time I think, that pops up every year of so. ;)

Forum List

Back