Pope statement not enough: Muslim Brotherhood

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
What doesn't offend these people? They can call us infidels, swine and Satan, and that's Ok......Screw it...I'm not kissing anybody's ass..:blowup:

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood said a Vatican statement on Saturday saying Pope Benedict was sorry for upsetting Muslims with his comments on Islam did not go far enough.

"We want a personal apology (from the Pope). We feel that he has committed a grave error against us and that this mistake will only be removed through a personal apology," Muslim Brotherhood Deputy Leader Mohammed Habib told Reuters.

"Has he presented a personal apology for statements by which he clearly is convinced? No," he said.

In a speech on Tuesday the Pope repeated criticism of the Prophet Mohammad by the 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who said everything the Prophet brought was evil "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached".

The remarks sparked outrage across the Islamic world.

"The Holy Father is very sorry that some passages of his speech may have sounded offensive to the sensibilities of Muslim believers," Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in the statement.

The Muslim Brotherhood is a political Islamist group founded in Egypt which has inspired movements across the Arab world.

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...-RELIGION-POPE-ISLAM-REACT.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

slaythosewhoinsultislam.jpg

What doesn't offend these people? They can call us infidels, swine and Satan, and that's Ok......Screw it...I'm not kissing anybody's ass..:blowup:

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood said a Vatican statement on Saturday saying Pope Benedict was sorry for upsetting Muslims with his comments on Islam did not go far enough.

"We want a personal apology (from the Pope). We feel that he has committed a grave error against us and that this mistake will only be removed through a personal apology," Muslim Brotherhood Deputy Leader Mohammed Habib told Reuters.

"Has he presented a personal apology for statements by which he clearly is convinced? No," he said.

In a speech on Tuesday the Pope repeated criticism of the Prophet Mohammad by the 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who said everything the Prophet brought was evil "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached".

The remarks sparked outrage across the Islamic world.

"The Holy Father is very sorry that some passages of his speech may have sounded offensive to the sensibilities of Muslim believers," Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in the statement.

The Muslim Brotherhood is a political Islamist group founded in Egypt which has inspired movements across the Arab world.

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...-RELIGION-POPE-ISLAM-REACT.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

It's pretty maddening, isn't it?

How to they refer to Jews? Apes and monkeys, isn't it?

Yeah, I mean suggesting to people that faith is reasonable and not crazy is real offensive.

This should wake the world up to the fact that Islam radicals are not a small number...it surely appears that the whole world of Islam is up in arms once again...this time for a quote from the 14th century! Which was right on mark and appears as if it is a continuing saga with Islam...they are calling for the Pope to be beheaded...so what is their beef... they are still taking up the sword to force acceptance of this abomination... so called a religion of peace! I think they meant 'piece' they love to cut those who do not accept them to pieces!

The Brotherhood is a bunch of wacko terrorists who seek world wide Islamization through any means possible. They can blow it out their ass along with their counter parts, Hammas and the Mujahideen. They're the gravest error in Mid Eastern judgement. Well, one of MANY.

This should wake the world up to the fact that Islam radicals are not a small number...it surely appears that the whole world of Islam is up in arms once again...this time for a quote from the 14th century! Which was right on mark and appears as if it is a continuing saga with Islam...they are calling for the Pope to be beheaded...so what is their beef... they are still taking up the sword to force acceptance of this abomination... so called a religion of peace! I think they meant 'piece' they love to cut those who do not accept them to pieces!

"This should be"?

This?

"This" is just one more example in a long line of examples of how Islam totally permeates EVERY Muslims life. It's not just the "radicals", "extremists", or "fundamentalists". It's Islam and it's all Muslims.

There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. Sure, a Muslim can try to live his life without adhering to the call to jihad. But he can only do that in his own life. He can't speak out against what others do in the defense of Islam because to do so is to speak out against Islam. And when it comes to insults to Islam? Watch out.

A couple of years ago there was a story about a man who was rumored to have disrespected the Koran. 500 people chased this man down and killed him. Not 5. Not 50. 500.

You can't judge the whole by the actions of a few?* When it comes to Islam it's not just the actions of a few. It's all of them. By their actions. And by their silence.

*The exception to this rule is Jews and Americans. When it comes to us, then yes, it IS OK judge us all based simply on what we are.

They want to kill me, I want to kill them. We're even. Bring it.

March outside my front door with signs saying you want to "butcher" and "slay" me, and I'm going to feed you a healthy helping of lead.

Fucking muslims... fuckin' kill 'em all.

toiletkoranbuzzaropk5.jpg

Forum List

Back