Pope Knocked Down by Woman at Christmas Mass

Quick question........wouldn't that make the Catholics that go to mass yet still support pro-choice issues hypocrites? I mean......if you go to a church, shouldn't you keep the tenants of that church while you're going there? Like I said, I don't hate Catholics, I just hate the way they bastardize the teachings of Yeshua. As far as my belief system? I'm a Taoist who studies both Christianity and Judaism.

Thanks for sharing.

I suppose that many people are raised in a particular faith and identify with that faith even if they don't necessarily agree with all of its tenents. I think describing them as "hypocrites" might be a bit strong.

Should I presume that you agree with 100% of official Taoist teachings? And if, by chance, you don't agree on a particular teaching, would it be fair to label you as a "hypocrite"?

By the way, do you have any links to an analysis of the teachings that the Catholics have "bastardized"?

Describing someone who states publicly that they follow a particular belief system, while not following all it's tenants, ESPECIALLY when one not following one of them is a sin (according to that belief system), IS hypocritical.

Ever use a dictionary? Might wanna invest in one, it'll help you out...........btw, here's the definition of hypocrite.

hyp⋅o⋅crite
  /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
Use hypocrite in a Sentence
See web results for hypocrite
See images of hypocrite
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

What links do you want for the bastardization of Yeshua? We'll start off with His birthday, and then jump over to the crucifixion.

And then, we'll fill in the rest.

Like I said, He wasn't born on December 25th, that is a bastardization of the Christ story, as He was actually born closer to October 31st.

He didn't die on the solstice. He was crucified AFTER PASSOVER, and since the Catholics and Jews don't use the same calendar, that explains why Easter came BEFORE Passover last year.

How could He possibly have been crucified prior to Passover, when in the Bible, it states the reason that He was in Jerusalem was for the celebration.

Oh yeah.......let's not forget the addition of rabbits and eggs (both fertility symbols) as well as the Sunrise Service. Remember.........the Jews used the moon phases to count time, not the sun.

Pagans from Rome used the Sun.

Quick question........wouldn't that make the Catholics that go to mass yet still support pro-choice issues hypocrites? I mean......if you go to a church, shouldn't you keep the tenants of that church while you're going there? Like I said, I don't hate Catholics, I just hate the way they bastardize the teachings of Yeshua. As far as my belief system? I'm a Taoist who studies both Christianity and Judaism.

Thanks for sharing.

I suppose that many people are raised in a particular faith and identify with that faith even if they don't necessarily agree with all of its tenents. I think describing them as "hypocrites" might be a bit strong.

Should I presume that you agree with 100% of official Taoist teachings? And if, by chance, you don't agree on a particular teaching, would it be fair to label you as a "hypocrite"?

By the way, do you have any links to an analysis of the teachings that the Catholics have "bastardized"?

Describing someone who states publicly that they follow a particular belief system, while not following all it's tenants, ESPECIALLY when one not following one of them is a sin (according to that belief system), IS hypocritical.

Ever use a dictionary? Might wanna invest in one, it'll help you out...........btw, here's the definition of hypocrite.

hyp⋅o⋅crite
See images of hypocrite
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

What links do you want for the bastardization of Yeshua? We'll start off with His birthday, and then jump over to the crucifixion.

Like I said, He wasn't born on December 25th, that is a bastardization of the Christ story, as He was actually born closer to October 31st.

He didn't die on the solstice. He was crucified AFTER PASSOVER, and since the Catholics and Jews don't use the same calendar, that explains why Easter came BEFORE Passover last year.

How could He possibly have been crucified prior to Passover, when in the Bible, it states the reason that He was in Jerusalem was for the celebration.

Oh yeah.......let's not forget the addition of rabbits and eggs (both fertility symbols) as well as the Sunrise Service. Remember.........the Jews used the moon phases to count time, not the sun.

Your insulting remarks don't bother me. They say far more about you than I.

Is your conduct here consistent with Yeshua's teachings? Is Yeshua proud of your behavior here? If not, are you not being hypocritical?

What part of "I'm a Taoist" do you keep missing? Although I'm very much aware of who Yeshua is (He's actually my big brother), I don't exactly follow it like you do.

Although.......to be fair, there are MANY similarities between Judaism and Tao, which makes them kinda parallel.

Yeshua was Jewish. And yes, many of the things He taught are reflected in the Tao Te Ching as written by Lao Tzu. As a matter of fact, the teachings are similar enough, that you could say Lao-Tzu and Yeshua thought alike.

What do I think Yeshua would say about my conduct? He'd probably tell me I'm doing fine, and to keep going, even if I really don't like hypocrites.

I also don't adhere to any belief system that I'm not willing to take ALL their tenants with, because if I don't, then the religion isn't going to work for me, as I will know that I'm lying.

And why put yourself through that? Especially when there is another belief system SOMEWHERE which wont make you a hypocrite!

Thanks for sharing.

hyp⋅o⋅crite
See images of hypocrite
–noun

Your insulting remarks don't bother me. They say far more about you than I.

Is your conduct here consistent with Yeshua's teachings? Is Yeshua proud of your behavior here? If not, are you not being hypocritical?

It's actually quite amusing to see a Homer Simpson type character in this forum, although Homer has a bigger brain and more common sense then this idiot.

Who the hell was in charge of security?

The pope is a public figure but is unique in that he is the head of the Catholic Church. Yea, security could and should have prevented the assault on him. However, it's probably inevitable that some mentally ill person will do something like this from time to time. Thankfully, he wasn't shot, stabbed, etc., which certainly could happen. I'm sure the pope would tell you that seeing the people, blessing them and delivering God's message far outweigh the risks associated with doing so.

Forum List

Back