Pope Knocked Down by Woman at Christmas Mass

VATICAN CITY — A Vatican spokesman says a woman jumped the barriers in St. Peter's Basilica and knocked down Pope Benedict XVI as he walked down the main aisle to begin Christmas Eve Mass.

The Rev. Ciro Benedettini said the pope quickly got up and was unhurt. Benedict, 82, calmly resumed his walk to the basilica's main altar and began the Mass late Thursday.

Benedettini said the woman who pushed the pope appeared to be mentally unstable and had been arrested by Vatican police. He said she also knocked down Cardinal Roger Etchegaray, who was taken to hospital for a check up.

Full Story...................
Pope Knocked Down by Woman at Christmas Mass - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

WHat kind of a Mickey Mouse operation does the Vatican Police and Swiss Guard run? That woman should never have cleared the barrier and once she did she should have been taken down immediately. She should never have gotten so close to the Pope or one of his Cardinal.

Personally this Pope isn't my favorite, no one will ever replace John Paul II, but I don't want to see anything happen to him. Maybe they could take some lessons from the Secret Service, since that's who they turn to when the Pope comes to the United States.

I don't know about that. Remember Kennedy? Remember Reagan? Remember Ford?

Remember the shits that just crashed the white house? :eusa_think:

That was a White House mess up just as much as the Secret Service. I guarantee if the SS was protecting the Pope(like they have in the past) no one would knock him down.

I find it shocking that the very same woman tried to "get" the Pope a year earlier.

I just saw the old file video on some news outlet (CNN I think).

The security is very questionable.

It's akin to allowing a gate crasher access to the President at a State dinner.

A shame she didn't break the old Nazi bastards neck. :cool:

So, this same woman did the exact same thing on the exact same day last year....and she wasn't accused of being a mental then... Why now?

:eusa_eh:

So, this same woman did the exact same thing on the exact same day last year....and she wasn't accused of being a mental then... Why now?

What the hell is your problem?

The Pope is a kind and gental man. He was a forced member of the Hitler Youth and a forced Member of the German Guard of which he fled both.

He is NOT a Nazi and he never was!

What the hell is your problem?

The Pope is a kind and gental man. He was a forced member of the Hitler Youth and a forced Member of the German Guard of which he fled both.

He is NOT a Nazi and he never was!

'Gental', is that like gentile....you know, the people who are under the Jews when it comes to godlove?

And, my problem....Catholics - born stupid or nurtured into stupidity?

The woman that knoced down the Pope is clearly posessed by evil spirits.
Not to be confused with the holy spirit.

It is kinda hard to tell those spirits apart.

Too bad the woman didn't step on the old fucker's neck and crush his larynx.

Personally, I don't care if the old fucker Bent Dick/Rat Singer lives or dies, I just don't want to see a former Nazi who blesses rich people's shit (like Lamborghini's), heading up one of the more powerful institutions in the world.

It just ain't right.

Combine that with the fact that the Catholic church is nothing more than one big lie (Christmas, Easter, idol worship via the Saints), and I personally don't have any use for it.

Oh yeah........the reason I feel so strongly about this? I was in Catholic school when I was younger, and got indoctrinated into the lies. When I got older? I saw what they were and quit their way of belief cold.

Nope...........hopefully Bent Dick/Rat Singer will be called home soon. Just like the televangelists said God was going to call them home...............

You know, Pope John Paul II, was a decent man. Even though he was a Catholic.

Even so, he still got shot.

Bent Dick the Rat Singer only ends up getting a bruise or two.

Personal opinion? I wish that the person who shot John Paul II would have waited and drawn a bead on the Rat Singer.

Incidentally, did you know that according to the Papal prophecy, Rat Singer is supposed to be the last pope?

Some of you have posted a seemingly deep hatred against the pope? Why?

Not against the office of the pope.

Just against the Nazi known as the Rat Singer with the Bent Dick, or, the Bent Dick Rat Singer.

Why? I don't like his Prada shoes, nor do I like the fact that he's more concerned with the rich than the poor.

Like I said, I hope he's offed soon.

He is not one of the better Popes. He is intent on preventing the Catholic Church from entering the 20th century even though we are in the 21st

Picking fights with Muslims and Jews
Trying to make Pope Pius a Saint in spite of his WWII record
Support for celibacy
Denial of women priests
Birth Control a sin
Divorce

He is not one of the better Popes. He is intent on preventing the Catholic Church from entering the 20th century even though we are in the 21st

Picking fights with Muslims and Jews
Trying to make Pope Pius a Saint in spite of his WWII record
Support for celibacy
Denial of women priests
Birth Control a sin
Divorce

He is far from picking fights with Muslims or Jews.
I also disagree with efforts to make Pope Pius a "Saint."
I have never quite agreed with clerical celibacy, but I don't think any Pope is too far "off base" for adhering to that tradition.
I also disagree with the denial of the women entry into the Priesthood, but again, it is a very long tradition.
I disagree with anyone who says condoms are a sin, but it is hardly a hallmark of a bad Pope to continue to advocate for sexual restraint.
It is not all that difficult to see why the Church opposes "divorce."

On balance, it's a good thing I'm not a Catholic. :eusa_angel:

Yo........Limp Agility........you DO realize that up until around the 13th century, priests (Catholic) were allowed to go visit brothels?

Seems that some dude caught syphilis prior to becoming Pope, and decided that since he'd had so much problem with sex, he'd force the whole church to become celibate.

Interestingly enough, up until that time, there weren't that many incidents of child molestation from priests.

Now? Fuck man......1/2 the catholic faith is wrapped up in it!

Forum List

Back