Pope kisses the quran

deaddude said:
The Muslims do use the Old Testament. Many of their stories about Moses and the others come from it. They may believe in a different version of the Old Testament then you do (the Coptics and the Anglicans use different old testaments.) And yes the bible has continuously changed. I am pretty sure your bible doesn't have the Book of Enoch (which the Coptics use) in it or the Book of Jubilees (which the Catholics use [I think its the Catholics anyway]), so they have stuff in their version that’s different, do you want to say that the Coptics and the Catholics and the Mormons, and the rest are some how not Christian?

You will see here that Muslims believe that the OT is corrupted Scripture.

http://muhammadanism.org/Scriptures/PBUH.htm

And here, that while Islam recognizes the similarities betwee Islam and other religions, that they believe that all other scriptures are corrupted:

http://www.muslim.org/islam/int-is34.htm

As to the books you mentioned, they are commonly referred to as the Apocrypha. Protestants do not recognize them as scripture, though other Christians do.

deaddude said:
They all use the old Testament. There is your link.

That does not mean the link is legit. As already mentioned, Islam rejects Christ as a deity.

gop_jeff said:
You will see here that Muslims believe that the OT is corrupted Scripture.

http://muhammadanism.org/Scriptures/PBUH.htm

And here, that while Islam recognizes the similarities betwee Islam and other religions, that they believe that all other scriptures are corrupted:

http://www.muslim.org/islam/int-is34.htm

As to the books you mentioned, they are commonly referred to as the Apocrypha. Protestants do not recognize them as scripture, though other Christians do.

Don't most of today's Christians use the King James version of the bible? Is there any detailed comparison of what the bible looked like before it was altered? Could this alteration be the center of contention with the Muslims as it relates to the OT?

MissileMan said:
Don't most of today's Christians use the King James version of the bible? Is there any detailed comparison of what the bible looked like before it was altered? Could this alteration be the center of contention with the Muslims as it relates to the OT?

Those that study the Bible don't just read the KJV or just any other version. They read the version they use along with a Concordance which will help them clarify the original texts. I myself use and "Amplified" Bible which presents all the various translations then refers you to the original Greek or Hebrew texts which can then be verified against a Concordance. So actually, the Bible is pretty much the same as it always has been.

The problem the Muslims have with the OT is that it clearly states the land the Israelis now claim is THEIRS. That irritates the crud out of the Muslims.

The Islamic version of the OT is all messed up. And considering it came about roughly 500 years after Christ and therefore, 2000 years (roughly) after Moses, I would venture that the Hebrew version of the OT is much more accurate.

MissileMan said:

I'd love to know what alterations you're talking about. The bible translations of today are translated from the earliest available manuscripts. In the case of the NT, we have many parts that date from the 2nd century AD. It is the most accurately translated and well preserved book of antiquity.

deaddude said:
Then he is contradicting himself when he says judge not lest ye be judged

Or you are taking the passage out of context and totally ignorant of what it means. So who do i believe is wrong, you or Christ? Im going to have to go with you. Cause Christ was never wrong.

Or you are taking the passage out of context and totally ignorant of what it means. So who do i believe is wrong, you or Christ? Im going to have to go with you. Cause Christ was never wrong.

Plus, the passage is not exactly worded right either. Not to nit pick or anything. :funnyface

gop_jeff said:
I'd love to know what alterations you're talking about. The bible translations of today are translated from the earliest available manuscripts. In the case of the NT, we have many parts that date from the 2nd century AD. It is the most accurately translated and well preserved book of antiquity.

Bible translations of today wouldn't be KJV would they? I was under the impression that the KJV was still the most widely used version of the bible. I guess I was mistaken.

Then please, correct me within the context. Dont just tell me I am wrong and not provide any kind of counter arguement.

MissileMan said:
Bible translations of today wouldn't be KJV would they? I was under the impression that the KJV was still the most widely used version of the bible. I guess I was mistaken.

Actually, the NIV (New International Translation) is the most popular Bible nowadays. The KJV still has a strong following, especially among older people and more fundementist denominations.

New Topics

Forum List

Back