Pope Benedict XVI Should Resign

Not buying the prophecy. I looked into it, it's one of those where there's quite some stretches in some of the Latin phrases to attribute them to their corresponding Popes. And who's Peter?

The pope, as head of the church should step down. This happened with his assistance and knowledge.

When Admiral Dunleavy was commander of Naval Aviation, and the tailhook scandal happened, he said it happened on his watch, and he was responsible, and he stepped down.

You would think that a supposed holy man would have at least as much honor as a military man.

Are you Catholic?

If so, then you have a right to your opinion. However, I don't agree.....the molestation scandal goes back past Pope John, Pope Paul and Pope John Paul II. It goes back hundreds of years. WHY is Benedict being held solely responsible by you?

To quote our libby friends: "He inherited this mess". :rolleyes:

If you are not Catholic, then you need to keep it to yourself. Whether or not Benedict resigns has no bearing on you or your life and is, in actuality, none of your business.

The pope may well have inherited the institutional abuse of minors that is rife in the catholic churh. The fact is he also played his part in covering it up.

Pope faces claims he covered up German sex abuse case - Telegraph

Also, paedophilia is the concern of ALL. Doesn't matter that these disgusting acts occurred in the catholic church. The fucking bastards who committed these acts are CRIMINALS and are subject to civil law, whatever their religion or race. Those who assisted in the cover-up are guilty of aiding and abetting, and that makes them criminals too. Next you'll be arguing for a situation that enables only catholic police to arrest catholic child abusers, and catholic judiciary to punish them. And what about catholic only prisons to keep them in!

Your emotions have run away with your commonsense!

You know, until a couple of years ago, I didn't think much about the prophecies of Malachy, but, with all the stuff that has happened over the past couple of years, I'm kinda starting to think that the prophecy may be true, and Satan is going to finally take over the Catholic church.

But.......what else do you expect from a bunch of pedophile pagan priests masquerading as Christians?

Personally? I hope that the first free country that he goes to arrests his wrinkled sorry ass and puts him in general population in County jail.

Let HIM get sodomized repeatedly, see how HE likes it.

You know, in comparing the last 2 popes, the wrong one got shot.

You know, until a couple of years ago, I didn't think much about the prophecies of Malachy, but, with all the stuff that has happened over the past couple of years, I'm kinda starting to think that the prophecy may be true, and Satan is going to finally take over the Catholic church.

But.......what else do you expect from a bunch of pedophile pagan priests masquerading as Christians?

Personally? I hope that the first free country that he goes to arrests his wrinkled sorry ass and puts him in general population in County jail.

Let HIM get sodomized repeatedly, see how HE likes it.

You know, in comparing the last 2 popes, the wrong one got shot.

I just have a major theoretical problem with prophecies, at all. If a person's truly a prophet they shouldn't need to write in vagueries or riddles, or colored language. It's a master craft, to be sure, but not a convincing one to me personally.

This Pope does have a naturally inherent look of evil, though.

Benedict is known to have been intimately involved in decisions that protected pedophiles in the clergy at least twice. I have no doubt he took other actions we have not yet learned about. He is UNFIT to serve as Pope. He is UNFIT to serve as my dogcatcher.

Beyond that, the church has yet to even begin uncovering or dealing with the full breath of the sexual abuse of children by nuns. Trust me, this happened too. There is more that has never been given the light of day than there is revealed, and the process needs to be completed.

I don't understand how, as a people, we can wring our hands at cases like Polly Klass and yet we seem confused as to whether sexual abuse is still "as wrong" if the perp was a clergy man or woman. Doesn't the fact that the parents or community trusted the perp with the child because of Holy Orders make it worse, not better?

The only rationale I have heard for retaining Benedict as Pope is that none of the Cardinals are any more qualified to sit. That they ALL have "dirty hands". If that is true, just burn the damned Cathedrals down and be done with it...but I doubt that it is. Evil may be widespread but I doubt it is universal within the church.

Forum List

Back