Pope Benedict XVI Should Resign

Folks, I don't happen to think my religious affiliation has any bearing on the resignation of Pope Benedict. It may (or may not) be "my" church but the children who were abused (and who likely are still being abused) are certainly my concern. I don't see the upside to Benedict remaining in office, but his resignation would go a long way towards ending practices and beliefs about the needs of the church vs. those of its victims., etc.

Am I -- or any thinking person -- to accept Benedict's moral authority on issues like birth control, etc. if he cannot face up to his own complicity in such heinous acts? It is selfish and wrong for him to remain in office....and if he does, it may help end the primacy of the church in the lives of many faithful.

Unless you're a Catholic, frankly... it ain't your business.

Really? I disagree...crimes were committed and the Pope helped cover up crimes.

It's like you guys are saying if you aren't a Republican, Nixon's Watergate coverup is not your business.

I argue for criminals who commit horrendus crimes everyday. Does that mean I should no longer call myself a disciple of Christ?

What is Christianity if it's not a message of mercy to the sinner? Why should anyone be ashamed of defending a sinner when Christ gave His life protecting the sinner?

you call liberals sinners and scum more or less, do you defend them, as a Christian, as you claim? do you give mercy? or do you ridicule and bash them and throw stones, continually?

just wondering....:eusa_whistle:

Considering I dont usually ask political affiliation before defending someone. Yes.

Folks, I don't happen to think my religious affiliation has any bearing on the resignation of Pope Benedict. It may (or may not) be "my" church but the children who were abused (and who likely are still being abused) are certainly my concern. I don't see the upside to Benedict remaining in office, but his resignation would go a long way towards ending practices and beliefs about the needs of the church vs. those of its victims., etc.

Am I -- or any thinking person -- to accept Benedict's moral authority on issues like birth control, etc. if he cannot face up to his own complicity in such heinous acts? It is selfish and wrong for him to remain in office....and if he does, it may help end the primacy of the church in the lives of many faithful.

Obviously you aren't Catholic.

So....here is a great big cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP for you.

Oh, and welcome to the boards. Slandering Catholics and the Pope right off the bat is a *great* way make friends and influence people.

Ummmm...yeah. :rolleyes:

I don't happen to need any friends who shield pedophiles and their co-conspirators. If you cannot see the stupidity of worshippng in a church that has institutionalized the predation of children, and refuses to change course, o well.

BTW, "slander" is speech, not writing. Written words are libel...and it is a complete defense to libel that the facts alleged are true.

It sounds more like you are care more about the Pope resigning than any actual change in course. Because that can easily be done with the current leadership.

Oh, and welcome to the boards. Slandering Catholics and the Pope right off the bat is a *great* way make friends and influence people.

I don't happen to need any friends who shield pedophiles and their co-conspirators. If you cannot see the stupidity of worshippng in a church that has institutionalized the predation of children, and refuses to change course, o well.

BTW, "slander" is speech, not writing. Written words are libel...and it is a complete defense to libel that the facts alleged are true.

It sounds more like you are care more about the Pope resigning than any actual change in course. Because that can easily be done with the current leadership.

If Benedict resigns it sends a clear message: This is wrong. It cannot be tolerated. Those who engage in pedophilia or cover it up are not fit to serve as clergy.

What message does it send if Benedict clings to power? What changes do you suppose have really been enacted? If the church really HAD learned its lessons regarding this horrible matter, why would it need to re-learn them in Europe after the abuse was exposed in America?

It's an institutional problem, and it needs a sea change at the institutional level to begin to correct it. By resigning, Benedict could admit that cover ups are wrong, pedophiles should be handled by the police and children protected. How does his continued power accomplish any of this? What does Benedict have to do, as Pope, that you see as more important?

Jenny the Sleazy Ass, go fuck yourself you sperm burping cum dumpster, fucking 'tards like you are almost as stupid as Cali Twat.

So.....in your opinion, if a person isn't of that religion they should shut the fuck up? Really? Using that logic, if you're not a Mormon in the sense that Warren Jeffs is, you can't say anything about him molesting little girls at the age of 13, because you're not that religion.

Listen you stupid harpy shrew, the pope known as Bent Dick the Rat Singer has covered shit up while he was climbing the ladder of his organization. He should have pulled the priest status of that one dude who was molesting deaf children over 20 years, but what did he do? He let him be buried as a priest, and Bent Dick Rat Singer was the fucker in charge of saying what happened.

The pope is supposedly infallible, and, if he's infallible, that means that child molestation is sanctioned under the Catholic church, because Bent Dick Rat Singer is infallible and he shined on the molestations.

Is this an issue for everyone? Yes, everyone has kids. Should Bent Dick Rat Singer be kicked out of his position? Yes. He should probably be thrown in jail for being an accomplice to child molestation.

And remember............Bent Dick Rat Singer is supposed to be the last pope, right before Satan takes over your church.

And no, Catholics are by no means a pure religion. Why? Simple, they mixed Christianity with pagan beliefs. Don't believe me? Then explain the sunrise service held on the Sunday closest to Spring Solstice, as well as explain why Yeshua's birthday is celebrated closest to the Winter Solstice? Wanna explain the connection between eggs and rabbits?

It's all the doing of the Catholic church mixing in pagan beliefs with Christian beliefs so that they could get the citizens of Rome to follow it.

No, Catholics are just a bunch of pagans pretending to be Christians.

And you think whoever Replaces Benedict is going to do better in this situation? I don't know...

Frankly, all this Havoc in my opinion will finally force Benedict to change some of the Catholic rules..

First and foremost..

1: Let Priests Marry.. For one, I think the reason they are abusing Children is because Sexual Repression.. (In My Opinion.) I can guarantee you that if Priests are allowed to marry all these sexual scandals will drop significantly.

2: Excommunicate the Priests who commit these crimes..
--

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

-Matthew 18:6

And you think whoever Replaces Benedict is going to do better in this situation? I don't know...

Frankly, all this Havoc in my opinion will finally force Benedict to change some of the Catholic rules..

First and foremost..

1: Let Priests Marry.. For one, I think the reason they are abusing Children is because Sexual Repression.. (In My Opinion.) I can guarantee you that if Priests are allowed to marry all these sexual scandals will drop significantly.

--

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Celibacy is not a natural state of the human animal. And, sexual function is a biological function dictated by the body.

If you force yourself to deny that, humans who are seeking that function but are told they can't, generally end up doing really perverse things under the cover of secrecy.

Like I said, the Catholic Church is a bunch of pagans pretending to be Christians.

First and foremost..

--

Those would certainly be steps in the right direction, but there are other, lesser-known ones that need to be taken as well.

Stop funding treatment facilities for pedophiliac priests. They cannot be "cured". They are criminals...treat them as such and let the police handle these matters.

Stop fighting the efforts of victims to get full disclosure and compensation. Lives were destroyed...some literally did not survive. Pay the victims what they are owed.

End the practice of secret canonical trials and various pro-offender provisions, such as statutes of limitations. The abuse of children is not a canonical matter...it is a crime.

But above and beyond all, Benedict should resign...and his last act in office should be to command every cleric in the church to reveal all they know about child sexual abuse.

Jenny the Sleazy Ass, go fuck yourself you sperm burping cum dumpster, fucking 'tards like you are almost as stupid as Cali Twat.

So.....in your opinion, if a person isn't of that religion they should shut the fuck up? Really? Using that logic, if you're not a Mormon in the sense that Warren Jeffs is, you can't say anything about him molesting little girls at the age of 13, because you're not that religion.

Listen you stupid harpy shrew, the pope known as Bent Dick the Rat Singer has covered shit up while he was climbing the ladder of his organization. He should have pulled the priest status of that one dude who was molesting deaf children over 20 years, but what did he do? He let him be buried as a priest, and Bent Dick Rat Singer was the fucker in charge of saying what happened.

The pope is supposedly infallible, and, if he's infallible, that means that child molestation is sanctioned under the Catholic church, because Bent Dick Rat Singer is infallible and he shined on the molestations.

Is this an issue for everyone? Yes, everyone has kids. Should Bent Dick Rat Singer be kicked out of his position? Yes. He should probably be thrown in jail for being an accomplice to child molestation.

And remember............Bent Dick Rat Singer is supposed to be the last pope, right before Satan takes over your church.

And no, Catholics are by no means a pure religion. Why? Simple, they mixed Christianity with pagan beliefs. Don't believe me? Then explain the sunrise service held on the Sunday closest to Spring Solstice, as well as explain why Yeshua's birthday is celebrated closest to the Winter Solstice? Wanna explain the connection between eggs and rabbits?

It's all the doing of the Catholic church mixing in pagan beliefs with Christian beliefs so that they could get the citizens of Rome to follow it.

Jeny was harsh, but she loves her church and doubtless is hurt by criticism of it, even if well-deserved. I don't think she deserved this abuse. This is not easy stuff to talk about...but NOT talking about it has been killing victims and their families for at least fifty years. It must end.

And yes, the early church co-opted many Pagan symbols and rituals. It is hardly unique in doing so. That doesn't bear a whole lot on church matters in the 21st century.

And.......based on this........

Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes

1. The Burning Fire. PIUS X. 1903-1914. This Pope showed a burning passion for spiritual renewal in the Church.

2. Religion Laid Waste. BENEDICT XV. 1914-1922. During this Pope's reign saw Communism move into Russia where religious life was laid waste, and World War I with the death of millions of Christians who were carnage in Flanders Field and elsewhere.

3. Unshaken Faith. PIUS XI. 1922-1939. This Pope faced tremendous pressure from fascist and sinister powers in Germany and Italy, but he was an outspoken critic of Communism and Fascism which enraged Hitler.

4. An Angelic Shepherd. PIUS XII. 1939-1958. This Pope had an affinity for the spiritual world and received visions which have not been made public. Peter Bander says Pius XII "has emerged as one of the great Popes of all time," and he "was in the truest sense of the word an Angelic Pastor to the flock..."

5. Pastor and Mariner. JOHN XXIII. 1958-1963. John was a pastor to the world, much beloved, and the Patriarch of Venice. The connection to "mariner" is thus remarkable.

6. Flower of Flowers. PAUL VI. 1963-1978. Paul's coat-of-arms depicts three fleurs-de-lis, corresponding to Malachay's prophecy. His coat of arms included three fleurs-de-lis (iris blossoms).

7. Of the Half Moon. JOHN PAUL I. 1978-1978. John Paul I was elected Pope on August 26, 1978, when there was a half moon. He reigned 33 days, that is, about one month, when he died, although many think he was murdered. He was the 109th Pope - is "De Medietate Lunae" (Of the Half Moon). The corresponding pope was John Paul I (1978-78), who was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became pope on August 26, 1978, when the moon appeared exactly half full. It was in its waning phase. He died the following month, soon after an eclipse of the moon.

8. The Labor of the Son. JOHN PAUL II. 1978-2005. Pope John Paul II was the most traveled Pope in history. He circled the globe numerous times, preaching to huge audiences everywhere he went. He survived an assassination attempt. He has written a book which has enjoyed a large circulation. Like the sun which never ceases to labor and provides light daily, this Pope has been incessant. He was born on May 18, 1920. On that date in the morning there was a near total eclipse of the sun over Europe. Prophecy - The 110th Pope is "De Labore Solis" (Of the Solar Eclipse, or, From the Toil of the Sun). Like the sun he came out of the East (Poland).

9. The Glory of the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil.

10. PETER THE ROMAN - This final Pope will likely be Satan, taking the form of a man named Peter who will gain a worldwide allegiance and adoration. He will be the final antichrist which prophecy students have long foretold. If it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End."

Papal Prophecies, Saint Malachy, The End of Religion - Crystalinks

What do you figure...........a year until Satan takes over the Catholics for mixing in pagan beliefs with what Yeshua taught? It kinda looks like it's starting now.

By the way, this website is one that I found about 6 years ago, before John Paul II died.

Yep Catholics, Satan is coming for you..........

Who is this Malaky person supposed to be?

ABiker...perhaps the ranting and raving is fun but I bet it distresses some readers. Might want to take it down a notch.

Jeny was harsh, but she loves her church and doubtless is hurt by criticism of it, even if well-deserved. I don't think she deserved this abuse. This is not easy stuff to talk about...but NOT talking about it has been killing victims and their families for at least fifty years. It must end.

And yes, the early church co-opted many Pagan symbols and rituals. It is hardly unique in doing so. That doesn't bear a whole lot on church matters in the 21st century.

Jenny isn't "harsh" she's generally bitchy. So what if she loves her church? Lots of people love fucked up things (tea baggers come handily to mind).

As far as her "deserving" abuse? How long have you been here? Have you seen a lot of her posts?

And no, the Catholic church didn't just co-opt pagan symbols and rituals, they BLENDED THEM IN WITH CHRISTIANITY, which is why the sunrise service exists, as well as all the other stuff that was explained.

I don't really think that when Yeshua laid down His teachings He expected them to become wrapped up and entangled with pagans.

And, while you think it may not matter much to people today, you should also bear in mind that it DID matter a great deal back then, and the Catholics have been practicing it for YEARS.

It may not matter to you as a modern person, but to those connected to the center of power, it DOES matter as those pagan beliefs are firmly ingrained in their belief systems.

Yes, it does matter. So does the molestations and the fact that they need to be stopped and people need to be held to account.

Especially if they claim to be speaking for God. Yes, Yeshua loves little kids, just not in that way.

ABiker...perhaps the ranting and raving is fun but I bet it distresses some readers. Might want to take it down a notch.

After voluntarily having 75 percent of my rights as an American taken away for 20 years while defending it via military service in the Navy, I kinda think that I have the right to free speech now that I'm retired and a citizen again.

So what if it distresses others, she's a bitch and needs to be told so.

Watch it n00b.

After voluntarily having 75 percent of my rights as an American taken away for 20 years while defending it via military service in the Navy, I kinda think that I have the right to free speech now that I'm retired and a citizen again.

Watch it n00b.

I may be generally bitchy, but I respect the hell out of you for your service, and I also respect the hell out of you because I know you laid your life on the line to defend MY right to be generally bitchy and speak my mind.

So, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please, help yourself to your thoughts and express them whenever you need to, however you need to--so long as nobody gets hurt, I don't care.

Thanks again, biker! :clap2:

ABikerSailor has tourette's (I think), and Jeny hates people in general.

Best to let them fight, trust me!

Really? I disagree...crimes were committed and the Pope helped cover up crimes.

It's like you guys are saying if you aren't a Republican, Nixon's Watergate coverup is not your business.

I've said that for years.

Are you Catholic?

If so, then you have a right to your opinion. However, I don't agree.....the molestation scandal goes back past Pope John, Pope Paul and Pope John Paul II. It goes back hundreds of years. WHY is Benedict being held solely responsible by you?

To quote our libby friends: "He inherited this mess". :rolleyes:

If you are not Catholic, then you need to keep it to yourself. Whether or not Benedict resigns has no bearing on you or your life and is, in actuality, none of your business.
One does have to be Catholic to have an opinion of the Pope or his effectiveness as the leader of the Catholic Church.

I detected no slander.

I am a former catholic. ....

Bitter former Catholics are the worst kind. I didn't read past that.....

SHUT THE FUCK UP, asswipe. :eusa_naughty:
You should read more...type less.

You might as well get used to that kind of gibberish here.

Watch it n00b.
You have a right to free speech here whether you served in the armed forces or not. Your were a citizen when you volunteered. Your were a citizen while you served. You are still a citizen. You went from civilian to military and back to civilian. Thanks for serving.

For all of you that think Madeline does not a have a right to speak her mind regarding the Pope and the Catholic Church simply because she may not be Catholic...I have a message for you.

th_P1160618-1.jpg

Last edited:

By the way Madeline, he was an Irish saint whose prophecy predicted the line of popes until the end of the Catholic church.

Saint Malachy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other people named Malachy, see Malachy (disambiguation).
Máel Máedóc Ua Morgair
St. Malachy.jpg
Senior posting
See Archdiocese of Armagh
Title Archbishop of Armagh
Period in office 1132 – 1136/37
Consecration 1124
Predecessor Celsus
Successor Gelasius
Religious career
Previous bishoprics Bishop of Down (1124-1148) and Bishop of Connor (1124-1136/37)
Previous post Abbot of Bangor
Personal
Date of birth 1094
Place of birth Armagh
Date of death November 2, 1148
Place of death Clairvaux

Saint Malachy (Middle Irish: Máel Máedóc Ua Morgair, Modern Irish: Maelmhaedhoc Ó Morgair) (1094 - November 2, 1148) was the Archbishop of Armagh, to whom were attributed several miracles and a vision of the identity of the last 112 Popes (see Prophecy of the Popes). He was Canonised by Pope Clement III, on July 6, 1199. He was the first Irish saint to be canonised by a pope.

St Malachy, whose family name was Ua Morgair, was born in Armagh in 1094. St. Bernard describes him as having noble birth. He was baptized Máel Máedóc (a name which has been anglicised to Malachy) and was trained under Imhar O'Hagan, subsequently Abbot of Armagh. After a long course of studies he was ordained priest by St Cellach (Celsus) in 1119. To perfect himself in sacred liturgy and theology, he proceeded to Lismore, where he spent nearly two years under St Malchus. He was then chosen Abbot of Bangor, in 1123. A year later, he was consecrated Bishop of Down and Connor, and, in 1132, he was promoted to the primacy of Armagh. St Bernard gives us many interesting anecdotes regarding St Malachy, and highly praises his zeal for religion both in Connor and Armagh. In 1127 he paid a second visit to Lismore and acted for a time as confessor to Cormac MacCarthy, Prince of Desmond. While Bishop of Down and Connor, he continued to reside at Bangor, and when some of the native princes sacked the two dioceses of Down and Connor, he brought the Bangor monks to Iveragh, County Kerry, where they were welcomed by now King Cormac. On the death of St Celsus (who was buried at Lismore in 1129), St Malachy was appointed Archbishop of Armagh, 1132, which dignity he accepted with great reluctance. Owing to intrigues, he was unable to take possession of his See for two years; even then he had to purchase the Bachal Isu (Staff of Jesus) from Niall, the usurping lay-primate.

The influence of St Malachy in Irish ecclesiastical affairs has been compared with that of Boniface in Germany. He reformed and reorganized the Irish Church and brought it into subjection to Rome; like Boniface, he was a zealous reformer and a promoter of monasticism.

The Pope does not have to resign.

But the Catholic church should surrender those child molestors. Come, Catholics, you do not have to forgive and protect everyone!! Excommunicate them and surrender them to authorty!!

It is about time the Catholics kick someone out So kick out the sick priests!

Forum List

Back