Pop Quiz

He asked for the reason. The reason was oil.

If the reason was oil, why didn't we secure it in 91?
:cuckoo:

Ask Pappy Bush. Why didn't we do it during WWII? Why didn't we do it when Jesus was swinging from a cross? How come you didn't invent the PC & become a billionaire?

"President Bush's Cabinet agreed in April 2001 that 'Iraq remains
a destabilising influence to the flow of oil to international markets
from the Middle East' and because this is an unacceptable risk to
the US 'military intervention' is necessary."

Iraq is currently the world's second largest source of oil, but the majority of subterranean oil reserves have never been tapped. After the war, when US oil corporations have fully developed the oil industry's potential, Iraq is expected to become the largest single supply of oil on Earth.

"The new oilfields, when developed, could produce up
to eight million barrels a day within a few years - thus
rivalling Saudi Arabia, the present kingpin of oil."
Evening Standard, "Is this war all about oil?", 11 March 2003 (PM).

"What makes the new Bush administration different
from previous wealthy cabinets is that so many of
the officials have links to the same industry - oil."
BBC News, "Dick Cheney: Leading hawk", 10 September 2002.

"The Iraq war is largely about oil."
Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan

WAR ON IRAQ - IS OIL A MOTIVE FOR THE MILITARY CONQUEST OF IRAQ? READ THE EVIDENCE AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.

Jesus was swinging from a cross?

For all you freedumb lovin' Amerikans:

Why are we in Iraq? Why did we invade?

The REAL reason? Sadam was threatening to exchange his oil for Euros instead of dollars. He was going to do this as his only real retaliation for the undeclared occupation of about 75% of his country after the first U S invasion.

Interesting answer. I trust you've sources and a timeline to share with the class?

If anyone says "oil" one more time, I'lll puke.

Puke all you want but that is the base reason we are even intereted in Iraq or what they did/do.

You think we would have even cared about their Kuwait invasion if Kuwait's major export was brocolli?
Does North Korea have oil?

I mean, we can't let Saddam have all those WMDS, right? *tries to keep a straight face*

The REAL reason? Sadam was threatening to exchange his oil for Euros instead of dollars. He was going to do this as his only real retaliation for the undeclared occupation of about 75% of his country after the first U S invasion.

Interesting answer. I trust you've sources and a timeline to share with the class?

Ya right..do I look like a secretary? Youz guys can do your own homework. If you find something that disputes my memory of events be sure and bring it forward. You don't see me getting involved in these endless he said ...she said ...no he didn't...yes he did you moron exchanges.

Links on recent history are the refuge of people with the memory of gerbils. There were hundreds of truths and lies surrounding the events of Bush's war. You can pick yours...I'll pick mine..

You make a claim yet you don't want to back it?

Just link us to evidence he was going to do what you claim he was.
There were hundreds of truths and lies surrounding the events of Bush's war. You can pick yours...I'll pick mine..

If you're 'picking your truth', then there's not much truth to it, now is there? At least not an honest representation of it.

Multiple reasons..geo-politcal hegemony, control of oil, fear, revenge, the war and subsequent occupation was going to be an obvious money maker for some powerful players in American politics, too.

Take any one of those reasons out of the equation and I doubt we'd have gone to war or occupied Iraq.

You make a claim yet you don't want to back it?

Just link us to evidence he was going to do what you claim he was.
There were hundreds of truths and lies surrounding the events of Bush's war. You can pick yours...I'll pick mine..

If you're 'picking your truth', then there's not much truth to it, now is there? At least not an honest representation of it.

That's right sport. I don't want to back it. I don't want to clean portable toilets either. Is anything going to change if I do research on what I already know but don't have handy references? If you do not buy my take...here is a plan for you...don't.:eek:

So kyzer can't tell us why we're in Iraq...

Anyone else?

Sure, I can. I'll start by telling what we are NOT there for: Oil. Notice we haven't taken one damn drop of oil from Iraq? So much for that left wing marching poster "NO WAR FOR OIL".

So why ARE we there? It's called being proactive. Look at a map. Whats between Iraq and Afghanistan? Then recall your WW2 history and remember what ultimately caused the German military to get stretched thin and lose.

If you can do that, you'll know why we're there. The root cause: Islamics are fucking bat shit crazy and we gotta fix it.

Multiple reasons..geo-politcal hegemony, control of oil, fear, revenge, the war and subsequent occupation was going to be an obvious money maker for some powerful players in American politics, too.

Take any one of those reasons out of the equation and I doubt we'd have gone to war or occupied Iraq.

If we went in for oil............why haven't we taken it? DOLP:eusa_wall:!!!!

Anyone else?

Sure, I can. I'll start by telling what we are NOT there for: Oil. Notice we haven't taken one damn drop of oil from Iraq? So much for that left wing marching poster "NO WAR FOR OIL".

So why ARE we there? It's called being proactive. Look at a map. Whats between Iraq and Afghanistan? Then recall your WW2 history and remember what ultimately caused the German military to get stretched thin and lose.

If you can do that, you'll know why we're there. The root cause: Islamics are fucking bat shit crazy and we gotta fix it.

We have to fix the Islamics? All ..how many billion plus of them scattered all over the planet? How ambitious of you. :lol:

Having seen the havoc that war with Iran wreaked upon the Iraqi oil industry in 1981, why would the U.S. then intentionally invade that country solely for it's oil? Production fell to near zero after the "invasion" and rebuilding has been painfully slow.

As far as I can tell, there is not a single wholey-owned U.S. company that is bidding on contracts within Iraq for the purpose of producing its reserves.

I vomit on thee! :D

Were there to create jobs. Look out Korea because Obama is going to vow to create more jobs this year.

Anyone else?

So we attack some jackass who couldn't last a month- while we lack the balls to do shit about iran or North Korea?

Damn, we must be fuckin' retarded.

'Here's the plan. We'll do nothing about the guys who can hurt us., Meanwhile, the guys who aren't a threat yet- let's kill and torture them and make some more enemies.'

Brilliant! :clap2:

yet another reason this nation won't be around much longer

Forum List

Back