Pop Quiz

&

☭proletarian☭

Where did the terms 'left-' and 'right-wing' originate and what two things can these terms measure?

☭proletarian☭;2057009 said:
Where did the terms 'left-' and 'right-wing' originate and what two things can these terms measure?
From the Democrats and from the Republicans. They measure how Progressive the left and right wingnuts are in taking us to total government control by either the Communists or the Fascist Nazis.

Note: the operative word here is: progressive.

Last edited:
the original reference is from the french revolution. the two main groups in the french *parliament* sat on the left and the right. the more radical ofthe two groups sat on the left and the more conservative on the right.

it's been almost forty years since i studied this particular chunk of time, so i don't remember what the french called their parliamnet, nor do i remember the names of the parties-one was jacobin, i think.

referring to the press as the fourth estate also has its roots in the french revolution.

whatever

From the Democrats and from the Republicans.

Try again
They measure how Progressive the left and right wingnuts are in taking us to total government control by either the Communists or the Fascist Nazis.

Not quite.

How can it be 'the operative word' when it wasn't even there?

☭proletarian☭;2057031 said:
From the Democrats and from the Republicans.

Try again
They measure how Progressive the left and right wingnuts are in taking us to total government control by either the Communists or the Fascist Nazis.

Not quite.

How can it be 'the operative word' when it wasn't even there?
I was guessing about the D's and R's, but I'm not wrong that Progressive-ism is adopted by both the Left and Right who are either Communists or Nazis.

The answers, comrade, lie in the French Revolution.

The Estates General or the General Assembly or something like that. But wasn't it before the Revolution, I seem to recall the King being involved in the discussions.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Without having read any of this thread.....

Didn't it have something to do with post-Revolution France?

Forum List

Back