Pop-culture deserter Bowe Bergdahl caught in drug raid

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Why isn't this guy in the Stockade waiting for a court martial? Not only did the Army promote him three times while he was a deserter they still refer to him as Sgt instead of Pvt. Apparently Bergdahl was on leave while his court martial was pending and the Mendocino Ca. Sheriff's department questioned and released him after he was caught in a drug raid. On leave? Why is this guy treated like a rock star instead of an alleged deserter pending court martial. is the Army covering it's ass because they lost track of him?

He is an accused deserter pending a general court martial. Does that indicate to lefties that he was up for a ten day leave? My guess is that the Army was under instructions not to keep him incarcerated but maybe under some sort of house arrest and they didn't know what to do with him and he just walked off post.

Again.
He is an accused deserter pending a general court martial. Does that indicate to lefties that he was up for a ten day leave? My guess is that the Army was under instructions not to keep him incarcerated but maybe under some sort of house arrest and they didn't know what to do with him and he just walked off post.

Thanks for the link OP.
Deserter Bowe Bergdahl caught up in drug raid Eatgrueldog

According to news reports, close to 200 marijuana plants were found at the location of the raid. However, Bergdahl who it appears was on authorized leave and is “untouchable” [my emphasis] was released because he was allegedly not involved in the marijuana operation.
See, he would have been arrested if he was involved. You would have known that had you read the story.

Also, Bergdahl is Innocent until Proven Guilty. That's called Due Process and our Fore Fathers fought a Revolution in part for that.

F*ckin' stupid Americans make me so ashamed.

Thanks for the link OP.
Deserter Bowe Bergdahl caught up in drug raid Eatgrueldog

According to news reports, close to 200 marijuana plants were found at the location of the raid. However, Bergdahl who it appears was on authorized leave and is “untouchable” [my emphasis] was released because he was allegedly not involved in the marijuana operation.
See, he would have been arrested if he was involved. You would have known that had you read the story.

Also, Bergdahl is Innocent until Proven Guilty. That's called Due Process and our Fore Fathers fought a Revolution in part for that.

F*ckin' stupid Americans make me so ashamed.
Due process is fine but the UCMJ is a bit different. Most members of the Military who are arrested as deserters are considered by the Military to be escape risks and are incarcerated pending court martial. Wouldn't you think the Army would deny leave to a high profile freaking deserter who may have by his conduct caused the loss of life of several members of the Military who were designated to rescue him? My guess is that the Army screwed up because of confusing instructions by the Hussein administration and they just let him wander around.

While I can agree that the US Military is filled with f*ck ups, it's a cross section of America. But occaisionally there are ones that know the Law and know the UCMJ and how to apply it.

Whether you like Bergdahl or not he's STILL in the Military, he's STILL accumulating Leave which he HAS to take or he loses it. Isn't that right? Use or Lose?

You guys claim he's guilty then are all up in arms about his friends growing pot when you KNOW that sh*t should be legal anyway. Why you f*cksticks wanna' send smokers to prison is beyond my comprehension.

Aren't our Privately Owned and Run for Profit Prisons full enough?

Forum List

Back