Poorest 5% of Americans are among RICHEST 30% in the world!!!

Well, an honest attempt at debating a hot topic has turned into a bunch of spoiled, immature libs playing the cookie game. Oh well. I tried.

I guess I failed to see your "honest attempt"...

He is correct. Americas poor would be an enviable position compared to a good deal of the worlds poor. There is no doubt about that. If he keeps it to that subject and no one here would disagree.

But sadly that is not the point he is trying to make.

Well, an honest attempt at debating a hot topic has turned into a bunch of spoiled, immature libs playing the cookie game. Oh well. I tried.

He is correct. Americas poor would be an enviable position compared to a good deal of the worlds poor. There is no doubt about that. If he keeps it to that subject and no one here would disagree.

Sure it is. My point is we should be looking for ways to sustain that situation we have, rather than striving for ideas that would tear that apart. Massive debt and taxation will tear it apart. Free market capitalism fed that situation that gave us so much money to have such a great safety net.

Global taxes, like carbon credits, seek to end our great situation.

Isn't that what the UN is trying to do, institute a global tax?

United Nations Proposes Global Taxes

Yep.

We are ALL in the richest 30% of humans. Guess we gotta pay our fair share. Bet most libs don't like that thought, that THEY aren't paying their own global fair share.

Then the way i see it... the sultan of brunei OWES ME!!! Rat bastard 1% that he is. I am going to camp out in a park and not shower until this shit changes!

Exactly. He's trying to compare apples and oranges to fit his "agenda"...

Sure it is. My point is we should be looking for ways to sustain that situation we have, rather than striving for ideas that would tear that apart. Massive debt and taxation will tear it apart. Free market capitalism fed that situation that gave us so much money to have such a great safety net.

Global taxes, like carbon credits, seek to end our great situation.

Then make a thread about global taxation.... not one that is a smoke and mirror game.

Last edited:
Proof that our social safety net and our government's work to alleviate poverty is a remarkable success.

FINALLY!!! Thanks, you're the first left winger to actually respond with something that actually has some merit.

Yes, it does seem our safety net ideals have limited the bottom in our society. They can be poor by our standards, but we don't and won't have India/China/Africa type poverty. Why? Well, because our people do tolerate a bit of taxation to use for things other than a military, police, fire, roads. We do some social stuff.

Which I'm fine with. I just don't like welfare as a career. It's a stepping stone. My gripe is far too many people become soley dependent on the gov't, and we can NOT sustain that. The whole basis for continuing a successful safety net is that few people are in it. Net breaks if it's too loaded.

To get people out of poverty they have to have somewhere to go. A society/economy that is not conducive to generating large numbers of decent paying jobs for 'ordinary' people will always have a major poverty problem.

Shiiit, in Africa the cart would've been a shelter and the horse a meal for the village. Those people are fucking living the dream I tells ya!

Forum List

Back