Poor Wingnuts -- Obama Has 76% Approval Rating

And more telling, since they seem to like Gallup now (has obama at 67%, btw...not 66)

President Obama receives a 67% approval rating for his handling of the government’s efforts to pass an economic stimulus bill, compared to 31% for the Republicans in Congress. A majority of Americans (51%) agree that passing such a bill is critically important to improving the nation’s economy

Gallup.Com - Polls, Daily Tracking, Public Opinion on News, Politics, Economics, Management

I don't know what you're looking at Jill, but that "66" sure looks like "66" to me, and that's up from 64... :eusa_eh:

3269640118_88bd901941_o.jpg

a mandate? no... but think about the lovely threads from yesterday about how the "AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE OPPOSED TO THE STIMULUS PACKAGE" and "OBAMA IS A JOKE".

I figure the freaks needed a learnin'.

;)

i find nothing funny about obama, but 51% (+ 3%) is hardly a ringing endorsement for the stimulus plan.

that's before his speech last night. And a 76% approval rating is pretty damn good.

Although I find it ironic that the right whined every time anyone criticized Bush and how it was "unpatriotic" and "unamerican"... yet Obama's been in office two weeks and the wingnuts are praying for him to fail... praying for it.

it's kind of sad, IMO. If he fails, we have huge problems.

But the obstructionists aren't doing anything but tossing a giant tantrum and hoping they aren't shown to be fools come 2010 and 2012.

The GOP would rather take the entire country down and have Mitt be president in 2012, rather than see Obama succeed and be president for 8 years.

a mandate? no... but think about the lovely threads from yesterday about how the "AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE OPPOSED TO THE STIMULUS PACKAGE" and "OBAMA IS A JOKE".

I figure the freaks needed a learnin'.

;)

i find nothing funny about obama, but 51% (+ 3%) is hardly a ringing endorsement for the stimulus plan.

that's before his speech last night. And a 76% approval rating is pretty damn good.

Although I find it ironic that the right whined every time anyone criticized Bush and how it was "unpatriotic" and "unamerican"... yet Obama's been in office two weeks and the wingnuts are praying for him to fail... praying for it.

it's kind of sad, IMO. If he fails, we have huge problems.

But the obstructionists aren't doing anything but tossing a giant tantrum and hoping they aren't shown to be fools come 2010 and 2012.

the wingnuts on the left did the same thing 8 years ago, and they're responding much the same as the right did then.

la plus ca change, la plus ca meme chose.

Hmmm... Gallup has oblahblah at 66% approval... 'today.'

No I think his approval is dropping... slowly, but dropping. And after this spending orgy he's pushing doesn't do anything more than plummet the country into crippling debt, it'll be even lower. MUCH lower, like Jimma Cata lower... :lol:

You wish.

For 8 years you watched Bush/Tom Delay ruin the country. We told you, but you didn't listen.

And we ended up being 100% right.

So who gives a fuckity fuck what you think. As the Rock says, "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK"!!!!

You just posted what you HOPE happens. For some reason you care more about party than you do the country.

If Bush was good, I'd be a Republican today. It appears nothing will get you to change your stupid cock sucking ways. You are just a little bitch and will always be a little bitch. Broke and getting broker by the day. Do you even care about your kids? Maybe you have a job that is safe. Maybe you are a cop or something. Maybe you are a doctor. Congrats. But what about everyone else?

See, this is why we voted your ignorant party out of office. Finally America woke up.

Start being patriotic you fucking little bitch.

See, here ya go mods. This huge tirade of filthy personal insults unleashed without ONE SINGLE BIT of provocation. How many times does this have to be pointed out?

The way Obama is pushing his stimulus package reminds me of how Bush pushed the Iraq war. In both cases, the country was divided. Bush chose the Iraqi war and his approval rating plummeted. Obama has the power and the votes to pass his stimulus package, so he may suffer the same fate. Obviously, time will tell. If the Republicans return to their conservative roots and find a suitable candidate to run in 2012, Obama may just serve 1 term.

(BTW, 'Wingnuts' refer to nuts on both the Right and the Left... You probably knew that, but just in case...)

Obama knows that we can't do nothing. He knows that the whole tax cut thing is a fraud. Doesn't leave him a lot of options. He has to sell it. There's good reason for it.

Bush had no reason whatsover to go into Iraq. None.

And true re wingnuts. I should have specified "right wingnuts" in this particular instance. I'm sure I'll have something to say about "left wingnuts" on other issues. ;o)

And therein lies the problem. The government should stop getting involved so much because they usually just make matters worse. What he's trying to do is to spend us out of a recession. This never works. Let's hope that if Obama somehow gets his 'stimulus' packaged passed, market forces will be strong enough to overcome any damage it does to the economy.

I wouldn't say that Bush didn't have a reason to go into Iraq. Obviously folks like myself were against it, but he had the votes from both sides of the aisle. It's quite surprising to me that Hillary almost got the Democratic nomination when she was for the war. Now she's Obama's SS. God help us all.

is 51% a mandate now?

I don't even want to hear about polls. Give the man a fucking month, or 6, then start with the fucking polls.

Remember you assholes kept showing that the Democratic lead Congress' approval ratings were lower than Bush's?

Remember you showed us this information from Rasmusen and other polls? :lol:

Well remember the election? Not one Democratic Encumbant lost their seat, but many Republicans lost their seats.

I told you Del that people understood which party was obstructing progress.

So do you think the GOP stopped obstructing after they lost the election? OR, is it possible that they are already plotting/campaining for 2010?

We want them to stop playing politics Del. And Obama called them out on it last night. Doing nothing is not an option. And ONLY doing tax breaks is not an option either.

And the GOP are NEVER going to be happy unless they get to write the bill. And that aint gonna happen Del. They lost. You lost. Get over it!!!

Or just keep obstructing. We'll get it done anyways, because Democrats/liberals/progressives get er done.

And Republicans prove once again they are projectors. Clearly they hate hard working Americans that work hard to achieve. Why else would they send all their jobs to foreigners?

sealy,

you're a fucking idiot...did you ever thing that even though Congress numbers were/are at sucha historical low that the dems kep ttheir seats because EVERYONE of the dems ran a campign of anti bush linking their opponent to him. It was nothing but a well thought out marketing plan you idiot...even though congress had control, everything was correlated back to Bush.

We'll see how many precious seats you keep in 2010...cause say what you want...but with the canidate we threw out there (McCain) and all the Kool aid being passed around for Obama
57,000,000 people still voted for the other guy.

No I think his approval is dropping... slowly, but dropping. And after this spending orgy he's pushing doesn't do anything more than plummet the country into crippling debt, it'll be even lower. MUCH lower, like Jimma Cata lower... :lol:

You wish.

For 8 years you watched Bush/Tom Delay ruin the country. We told you, but you didn't listen.

So who gives a fuckity fuck what you think. As the Rock says, "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK"!!!!

You just posted what you HOPE happens. For some reason you care more about party than you do the country.

If Bush was good, I'd be a Republican today. It appears nothing will get you to change your stupid cock sucking ways. You are just a little bitch and will always be a little bitch. Broke and getting broker by the day. Do you even care about your kids? Maybe you have a job that is safe. Maybe you are a cop or something. Maybe you are a doctor. Congrats. But what about everyone else?

See, this is why we voted your ignorant party out of office. Finally America woke up.

See, here ya go mods. This huge tirade of filthy personal insults unleashed without ONE SINGLE BIT of provocation. How many times does this have to be pointed out?

there's nothing in the TOS against personal insults. if sealy wants to look like an idiot, that's his look out, not the mods.

I know how badly the wingnuts want him to fail... it must be heartbreaking to them. I feel their pain. :lol:

Poll finds Obama more popular than his stimulus package - CNN.com

And the stimulus package is at 52% approval rating. But I do hope that the radical right will continue to try to be "talibani"....

The way Obama is pushing his stimulus package reminds me of how Bush pushed the Iraq war. In both cases, the country was divided. Bush chose the Iraqi war and his approval rating plummeted. Obama has the power and the votes to pass his stimulus package, so he may suffer the same fate. Obviously, time will tell. If the Republicans return to their conservative roots and find a suitable candidate to run in 2012, Obama may just serve 1 term.

(BTW, 'Wingnuts' refer to nuts on both the Right and the Left... You probably knew that, but just in case...)

Reagan made an appeal to the American people to get his agenda passed, and it seemed to work out for him.

If Obama's plan doesn't work, sure, he'll only serve one term.

But when we see corporations continue to go overseas and we see the GOP stop Obama from stopping those jobs from leaving, we'll blame the GOP, and then they will lose even more seats.

Or do you think the GOP hit rock bottom and couldn't possibly lose anymore seats?

Do you really expect the GOP to pick up seats in the 2010 midterm? :cuckoo:

That depends on the GOP. They have failed their base and, more importantly, the American people. It will take some massive screw-ups by the Democrats for that to happen, but you never know. Clinton did wonders for the GOP in the 1994 congressional elections, so the same thing might happen again.

You wish.

there's nothing in the TOS against personal insults. if sealy wants to look like an idiot, that's his look out, not the mods.

But you're right... this sealypoopoo is a fucking partisan puss sack, and now that I know I can personally insult him at will, I will.

I give what I get.

Last edited:
That depends on the GOP. They have failed their base and, more importantly, the American people. It will take some massive screw-ups by the Democrats for that to happen, but you never know. Clinton did wonders for the GOP in the 1994 congressional elections, so the same thing might happen again.

Clinton did something very stupid when he got into office. He had run as a centrist "new democrat" and then listened to the left of the party and made one of his first projects about gays in the military. Burned a huge amount of political capital.... then he went on to dealing with health care...putting hillary at the fore before she was a known quantity. Neither of those issues were the reason people voted for him and it cost him. If you were to ask him, I suspect he'd say he should have led with welfare reform and dealt with the other issues during his second term.

Obama was elected to deal with the economy. It's what separated him from McCain starting the day of the first debate.

The cult of 'do nothing but complain' - aka conservative republicans - is an odd modern day phenomenon. One wonders if their house were on fire would they sit and say fires should not be regulated, they'll take care of themselves. Conservative republicans remind me of Maoists or Marxists, sit back and watch the ideology manage things! Any wonder they accomplish nothing and fail repeatedly.

OK... I was under the impression insults were supposed to be kept in the flame zone.

But you're right... this sealypoopoo is a fucking partisan puss sack, and now that I know I can personally insult him at will, I will.

I give what I get.

we try to limit them to the flame zone and if it gets out of hand, the thread will wind up there. it wouldn't be the first time.

I have said it a few times, after a President who took a record time off, which is amazing considering all the things that were going on, it is refreshing to see a President come in and get down to work. Even if you don't agree with his politics, which I don't, you at least have to appreciate the man's dedication to the job! For good or for bad he is doing his best to get things done and I respect that!

Amazing hyprocrisy of a neocon that is hoping Obama fails, since they openly called out all the left wing radicals that were hoping Bush failed as unpatriotic! Now they are doing the same, interesting!

I have said it a few times, after a President who took a record time off, which is amazing considering all the things that were going on, it is refreshing to see a President come in and get down to work. Even if you don't agree with his politics, which I don't, you at least have to appreciate the man's dedication to the job! For good or for bad he is doing his best to get things done and I respect that!

Amazing hyprocrisy of a neocon that is hoping Obama fails, since they openly called out all the left wing radicals that were hoping Bush failed as unpatriotic! Now they are doing the same, interesting!

I don't "hope" oblahblah will fail, I'm "expecting" him to fail. I'm not fooling myself like so many others that believe he's the messiah. He's a gas bag. A stuffed shirt. An empty bucket. He's a flim flam man, and he's going to fuck this country up good. This spending orgy pelosi threw together and oblahblah is pushing will see to that.

Last edited:

I thought the GOP doesnt care about polls...

And I swear to God that I never hoped Bush would fail. I watched him fail and argued with people about whether or not he failed. Big difference. Nothing wrong with saying I told you so after the fact.

We gave Bush a couple years in Iraq. Only after it was obvious that he was stalling in order to rape the treasury, did we start speaking out. We saw there was no political reconsiliation, which was what the surge was intended for. We saw the army breaking. We saw Bush lose/steal billions in cash and today that money is unaccounted for.

Still we gave Bush the money to "support the troops". Even though we knew he was going to piss that money away.

So now it is their turn to give Obama the money he says he needs. And they can argue later if he did the right thing with it.

But notice that even when Bush pissed away billions, the right wingers still supported him. Let's see if we are as blindly partisan as they are if Obama ends up losing a trillion dollars and can't tell us where it went.

Obama hasn't even started and the righties are already calling him a failure.

It is sad.

If he does fail, then we can discuss/debate/argue why, but they should at least give him the opportunity first.

is 51% a mandate now?

Correct sir, if Obama said he could turn water into wine, 51% would agree that he could......

And if Bush said we need to start a war with Iran RIGHT NOW, you'd be dumb enough to fall for that AGAIN!!!

Bush is not the prez, moot point.

Bush has proven to be a liar, and you voted for him, right?

Bush, Obama, McCain, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, ect... are all liars, but your clown ass thinks Republicans are the only liars. I did vote for him, he was a better choice than Mr. Internet/Global warming and a better choice than chucklehead.

And you voted for a proven liar McCain, right?

Nope

So who the fuck are you?

I'M your best friend numbnuts, cuz i'm tellin ya the truth....

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back