Poor Trump, his rich pals are going to run ads for him,

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
(Bloomberg) -- With President Donald Trump trying to find his footing after his failed effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act, a group of wealthy backers is launching a 10-state media blitz to pressure Democratic senators to support him -- or at least think twice about piling on.

Making America Great, a nonprofit run by Rebekah Mercer, one of Trump’s most influential donors, will begin airing $1 million in television ads on Wednesday, coupled with a $300,000 digital advertising campaign. The TV ads will run in the District of Columbia, along with ten states Trump carried in the presidential election where a Democratic senator is up for re-election in 2018: West Virginia, Wisconsin, Missouri, Michigan, North Dakota, Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Montana and Pennsylvania. The digital campaign also will focus on voters in those states.

“Our group will be a conduit to highlight President Trump’s achievement to the rest of the country,” says Emily Cornell, who is moving from the Mercer-funded data firm Cambridge Analytica to run Making America Great’s day-to-day operations. “We are here to promote successes and hold accountable broken promises -- not just to those who voted for Trump, but to all Americans.”

With Trump Struggling, Wealthy Backers Rush in to Shore Him Up

Mercer and his daughter, when Cruz fell they latched on to Trump, and brought Conway and Bannon with them and if not for Robert Mercer Beirbart would of gone under. Rebekah, his dtr, knew Kushner, both Jews.

Is this normal? I don't remember any advertisements for a sitting President before, except at election time.

All those lies from drumpf about how he's not beholden to anyone for money while Mercer stuffed money in his pockets.

And he's just one of money**.
(Edited to add - I just noticed my typo ^^^ "money" instead of what I meant - "many". Leaving it because its so very appropriate!)

Its not an accident that all of his cabinet are people who have made their money stealing from the middle class. No accident that his "choice" for scotus believes Citizens United is a good thing.

When he's in his black robe, we can all kiss goodbye any hope of ever having a real election again.

Just as the dictator-loving RWNJ traitors want.

Just think how close we came to saving the middle class and catching up to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
This is also an indication of what we've known all along - that the cheeto is not nearly as wealthy as he wants us to think he is.

That was proven by the two pages of tax return that was he leaked. That income, that amount of tax paid and that amount taken in losses just did not add up.

Magerman told the Wall Street Journal that Mercer’s political opinions “show contempt for the social safety net that he doesn’t need, but many Americans do.” He also said that Mercer wants the U.S. government to be “shrunk down to the size of a pinhead.” Several former colleagues of Mercer’s said that his views are akin to Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand. Magerman told me, “Bob believes that human beings have no inherent value other than how much money they make. A cat has value, he’s said, because it provides pleasure to humans. But if someone is on welfare they have negative value. If he earns a thousand times more than a schoolteacher, then he’s a thousand times more valuable.” Magerman added, “He thinks society is upside down—that government helps the weak people get strong, and makes the strong people weak by taking their money away, through taxes.” He said that this mind-set was typical of “instant billionaires” in finance, who “have no stake in society,” unlike the industrialists of the past, who “built real things.”

Another former high-level Renaissance employee said, “Bob thinks the less government the better. He’s happy if people don’t trust the government. And if the President’s a bozo? He’s fine with that.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/27/the-reclusive-hedge-fund-tycoon-behind-the-trump-presidency

This is the guy, Robert Mercer who owns Trump. Scary stuff.

Is this normal? I don't remember any advertisements for a sitting President before, except at election time.

I know sometimes we have ads for local midterms. I guess with money and owning Trump you can do whatever you want.

Forum List

Back