Poor, Ol' Constitution....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "[Justice] Ginsburg, whose job on the Supreme Court is to uphold the U.S. Constitution, has a curious but sadly widespread disdain for that document. A recent New York Times article suggested the American Constitution is losing its allure around the world. The main reason is it does not guarantee the right to, among other things, food, health care and education."
Ruth Bader Ginsburg Trashes Constitution; Should She Be Impeached? - Yahoo! News

2. "Yet, despite the transparent nature of Egypt’s Islamic revolution, liberal elites in the West continue marching along in total darkness, fantasizing about what rights the new Egyptian constitution might guarantee for homosexuals and women. These blind guides act as if a piece of paper will prevent the Muslim Brotherhood from implementing tyranny and enforcing sharia law, and will usher in a new era of Western-style freedom and peace in Egypt.

3. ...she proceeded to trash the United States Constitution—the very document she is sworn to support as one of just nine sitting justices on the United States Supreme Court.

“I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012,” Ginsburg told her foreign audience. Egypt needs a more recent document to work from, she believes, like South Africa’s constitution. South African law guarantees citizens the rights to housing, education and health care—all high-ranking items on the liberal agenda. South Africa’s free speech clause, on the other hand, is much more restrictive than the U.S. Constitution and could be used by oppressors as an easy excuse to squelch any expression deemed to be “controversial.”

4. But it’s still shocking to hear a Supreme Court justice, of all people, insult the supreme law of the United States in front of a foreign audience....what better place to receive a warm reception than in Cairo? Cairo, remember, is where President Obama spoke in 2009 about Islam’s “proud tradition of tolerance.”

5. ...President Obama was asked to respond to critics on the left who say he hasn’t been the transformational political figure he promised to be. “What’s frustrated people,” the president said, “is that I have not been able to force Congress to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008. Well, you know, it turns out that our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes” ...

6. The president has long desired to cast off the restraints of the U.S. Constitution. During a 2001 interview, many years before he became president, Mr. Obama criticized the document as being a charter of negative liberties....“There are lots of possible reasons,” the Times explained. “The United States Constitution is terse and old, and it guarantees relatively few rights.

7. When the American Framers wrote the U.S. Constitution, they intended to prevent abuse of power by carefully defining the specific responsibilities and narrowly restricting the administrative powers of all three government branches. The highest authority of the land wasn’t any particular branch of government or elected official.

It was the United States Constitution.

This supreme law concept, of course, is firmly rooted in the pages of your Bible. There is just one lawgiver, Scripture says,...

8. In his 1999 essay “No Law Without Order,” historian Paul Johnson wrote, “The essence of the rule of law is its impersonality, omnipotence and ubiquity. It is the same law for everyone, everywhere—kings, emperors, high priests, the state itself, are subject to it. If exceptions are made, the rule of law begins to collapse—that was the grand lesson of antiquity.”

9. America today has utterly failed to learn this grand lesson. This is why those who should be enforcing the Constitution are instead working, actively and openly, to undermine the very law on which America was established!"
How the Constitution Crisis Will End - theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

I actually opened your link..

In the entire diatribe, there is no place where Ginsberg trashes the Constitution

It's not just Ruthie, it's also Soty, Breyer and Kagel; they all hate the limits place on government by the Constitution. Their way has been tried and we're proud to report it has a 100% fail rate

In the entire diatribe, there is no place where Ginsberg trashes the Constitution

Time to clean off the specs, old timer:

"After that, she proceeded to trash the United States Constitution—the very document she is sworn to support as one of just nine sitting justices on the United States Supreme Court.

“I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012,” Ginsburg told her foreign audience. Egypt needs a more recent document to work from, she believes, like South Africa’s constitution. South African law guarantees citizens the rights to housing, education and health care—all high-ranking items on the liberal agenda. South Africa’s free speech clause, on the other hand, is much more restrictive than the U.S. Constitution and could be used by oppressors as an easy excuse to squelch any expression deemed to be “controversial.”

“It really is a great piece of work,” Ginsburg said, referring to the South African document. As for America’s Constitution, it’s just too old, she told her Egyptian interviewers.

Of course, Ruth Bader Ginsburg is hardly the first progressive to call for a more flexible constitution that can be periodically adjusted to accommodate a radical leftist agenda. But it’s still shocking to hear a Supreme Court justice, of all people, insult the supreme law of the United States in front of a foreign audience.

On the other hand, in today’s upside-down world, if you’re a Supreme Court justice with a hankering to bash the U.S. Constitution, what better place to receive a warm reception than in Cairo?"
How the Constitution Crisis Will End - theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

Now then, would you like to retract what you erroneously posted?

(This is a test to see if you have any manners....)

"After that, she proceeded to trash the United States Constitution—the very document she is sworn to support as one of just nine sitting justices on the United States Supreme Court.

“It really is a great piece of work,” Ginsburg said, referring to the South African document. As for America’s Constitution, it’s just too old, she told her Egyptian interviewers.

Of course, Ruth Bader Ginsburg is hardly the first progressive to call for a more flexible constitution that can be periodically adjusted to accommodate a radical leftist agenda. But it’s still shocking to hear a Supreme Court justice, of all people, insult the supreme law of the United States in front of a foreign audience.

On the other hand, in today’s upside-down world, if you’re a Supreme Court justice with a hankering to bash the U.S. Constitution, what better place to receive a warm reception than in Cairo?"

Point taken

Point taken

Regards, your semi-humble docent.

holy crap, they allowed a female to speak to a room full of men?

I mean..outside a sharia court where she's facing stoning, I mean?

That is amazing. Glad Ruth firmed up her alliance with fascists.

All the Jews should be removed from the Supreme Court. Any Evangelical Zionist would agree with me, upon seeing their voting record, if they're not aware that they're Jews. Like Ginsberg, their contempt of the Constitution is blatant.

One wonders what the Ginsberg Constitution would look like, what powers would this government need in order to dole out the good and services she thinks it must?

All the Jews should be removed from the Supreme Court. Any Evangelical Zionist would agree with me, upon seeing their voting record, if they're not aware that they're Jews. Like Ginsberg, their contempt of the Constitution is blatant.

Since the problem, as I see it, can be traced to FDR and the "Second Bill of Rights," and his treating the Supreme Court as one treats a rooster, to produce a capon, it's hard to see how your suggestion could be considered efficacious.

Broaden your horizons, and you will realize that the problem is one of political philosophy.

Of course, as the greatness of the nation allows you to remain petty and short sighted, you may continue to be vapid, and continue to produce the opacity of your post.

One wonders what the Ginsberg Constitution would look like, what powers would this government need in order to dole out the good and services she thinks it must?

I've got this one!

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all—regardless of station, race, or creed.
Among these are:
The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
The right of every family to a decent home;
The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
The right to a good education.

From FDR's Second Bill of Rights speech....January 11, 1944.

The huge tax burden necessary to provide the ‘rights’ and fund federal welfare programs can be laid at the feet of the New Deal. Before 1940, only 5% of Americans paid any income tax, and the maximum was 25%. By the end of WWII, 2/3 of American families paid income tax- and it started at 24%, with a $500 exemption.
a. It went up to 94% over $200k. So, if one earned $300k, one kept only $6000 of the last $100k.
b. Withholding was re-introduced so the government got the money immediately. (Had been repealed in 1916.)
From "FDR Goes To War," Folsom and Folsom

Today, the top 1% of earners pay 38% of all taxes.

(Shouldn't their 'fair share' be 1%?)

"....what powers would this government need in order to dole out the good and services she thinks it must?"

"The attitude of the FDR government can be seen in these words of A.B. “Happy” Chandler, a former Kentucky governor: “[A]ll of us owe the government; we owe it for everything we have—and that is the basis of obligation—and the government can take everything we have if the government needs it. . . . The government can assert its right to have all the taxes it needs for any purpose, either now or at any time in the future.”
Ibid.

I would bet you, CF, that there are folks on the USMB who would agree to this today!!!

Apparently the Useful Idiots have no response to any of that, PC

Well, then....let me help 'em out.

This is an actual post from a member of our community in another thread:

"We have really messed up our environment, and we don't have another planet to go to.

Any protection that the average person from the polluters has IS FROM GOVERNMENT.

Any consumer protection is from the government.

Our educational system is from the government.

Our transportation. Our military. Our police.

We vote in officials, who make decisions on expenditures for our societal benefit.

That is not servitude. I'm freer under this government [along with people in other modern democracies] than any average person in the history of the world."

Really! Honest to goodness!

Forum List

Back