Poor Mittens :(

These silly Conservatives! They never break ranks when faced with truths.

When this awful recession began on George W. Bush's watch (and remember, it was on his watch that September 11 happened), Rush Limbaugh said that he "Chooses not to participate" in the recession. Limbaugh pointed out that recessions are basically brought on by panic and a reasonable person would carry on, in spite of foreclosure, job loss and privation.

Now that the economy is turning, after a devastating collapse of the financial sector (the most dire economic circumstances to over come), Conservatives are wringing their hands! Why? Because it is an election year and there is a Democratic incumbent. Had the situation been reversed and there was a Republican incumbent, the Conservatives would be unable to contain themselves! The glee! The revelry they would show would have you think that there never was a derivatives market responsible for breaking banks from New York to Athens.

The line is blurred, yes; but I can't see it becoming permanent. At some point, Republicans are going to want to take their party back.

That is just what is happening now.

No it's not. The party was dragged to the far right. Many, MANY Repubublicans want their party back. And I believe they will get it.

Dragged to the far right? McCain? Romney? They could easily become democrats tomorrow and fit right in.

That is just what is happening now.

No it's not. The party was dragged to the far right. Many, MANY Repubublicans want their party back. And I believe they will get it.

Dragged to the far right? McCain? Romney? They could easily become democrats tomorrow and fit right in.

Who knows what Romney is or where he fits in. Thye only thing we truly KNOW about him is that he bought up companies, bled every last penny he could out of them and then turned them belly-up and sent the employees home without a job. The rest just depends on which side of his face he is talking out of.

McCain - in 2000, he was a moderate. But by 2008 he had spent the last eight years kissing the butt of the far right so much his lips were chapped. To the point he selected Sarah Palin for his running mate. Nuff said.

John McCain 2000 - I could have supported. But if John McCain 2000 ran into John McCain 2008 on the street - he'd kick his ass out of general principal.

The fact that you consider these guys "moderate" is a signal of just how far right you are.

Last edited:

Who cares what you believe.

If you can produce a poll, I'd love to see it.

Right now, all those disenfranchised GOPers are gonna vote Obama out on his ass.

where's your poll? THIS disenfranchised Republican will vote for Obama. As will at least a few dozen others who are close friends.

the "disenfranchised Republicans"who left the party because of the hard turn to the right won't vote for Romney and they won't come back until the radical right is put back in the cheap seats.

You mean where you are sitting right now ?

Or are you even in the stadium ?

As for polls, all you need do is look at the Tea Party success of 2010 and how they are poised to do in 2012.

In Kansas, we cleaned the Rino's out of the house in 2010 and will complete the senate this year.

The GOP is turning more conservative and if that does not serve you or your friends, enjoy whereever you land.

and given the Nevada Republican standing up his his party's budget scam, maybe you are right... Maybe we ARE beginning to see signs of a backbone in the GOP.

I believe there are a LOT of good people on the R side of the aisle, and they will prevail.

I think they are there - I'm HOPING you are right.

btw - I think you got a pretty good answer to your question about how Mitt will try to play this "disaster" of a much-improved economy from some of his boys here. Deny it. "The numbers LIE, Obama LIES, any thing that contradicts MY meme LIES..."

You hafta hope Mitt's people are smater about it though

Does RINO mean "head in sand" too ?

There have always been some good local economies.

The overall economy is still a mess. If you think this is good, then the GOP does not want you.

Sure! if Romney wasn't busy pandering to the far right.

Some would call gays the far left, and Obama panders to them, of which I'm sure you have no problem.

He's a politician lying to get votes, both parties do it equally including the party you love and support. Hence why our gov't is such garbage.

Who knows what Romney is or where he fits in. Thye only thing we truly KNOW about him is that he bought up companies, bled every last penny he could out of them and then turned them belly-up and sent the employees home without a job. The rest just depends on which side of his face he is talking out of.

Wow, a RINO spouting off democratic talking points.

Go figure.

These silly Conservatives! They never break ranks when faced with truths.

When this awful recession began on George W. Bush's watch (and remember, it was on his watch that September 11 happened), Rush Limbaugh said that he "Chooses not to participate" in the recession. Limbaugh pointed out that recessions are basically brought on by panic and a reasonable person would carry on, in spite of foreclosure, job loss and privation.

Now that the economy is turning, after a devastating collapse of the financial sector (the most dire economic circumstances to over come), Conservatives are wringing their hands! Why? Because it is an election year and there is a Democratic incumbent. Had the situation been reversed and there was a Republican incumbent, the Conservatives would be unable to contain themselves! The glee! The revelry they would show would have you think that there never was a derivatives market responsible for breaking banks from New York to Athens.

And here we go.

BDBoop lays out a false equivalency and others are already biting.

You lemmings are all to consistent.

McCain - in 2000, he was a moderate. But by 2008 he had spent the last eight years kissing the butt of the far right so much his lips were chapped. To the point he selected Sarah Palin for his running mate. Nuff said.

John McCain 2000 - I could have supported. But if John McCain 2000 ran into John McCain 2008 on the street - he'd kick his ass out of general principal.

The fact that you consider these guys "moderate" is a signal of just how far right you are.

I don't consider them moderate. People may be able to fit you into boxes quite easily, but not me. I hate both parties, they've both been bribed and bought off by special interests many many decades ago. Obama cares a lot more about who lines his pockets and his friends in Washington then he does you, he'll happily sell your soul for a check if he could and he'll happily promote your kids going off to fight in a war he'd never fight.

I consider McCain, Bush, Romney, Obama, Pelosi, Reed all to be big gov't facists.

Wow, a RINO spouting off democratic talking points.

Go figure.

wow a radical right wingnut rejurgitating something he read on a right-wing blog.
Lemme show you my "shocked" face

Oh well, if the Republican party is being "dragged" to the right..

The Democrat-Progressive-commie party is about to be "dragged" off a cliff..

lets finish what we started in 2010 folks..

Oh well, if the Republican party is being "dragged" to the right..

The Democrat-Progressive-commie party is about to be "dragged" off a cliff..

lets finish what we started in 2010 folks..

And you feel that way because you think the Repug-nazi party will be able to convince people that this economic recovery is "not true"???

I don't consider them moderate. People may be able to fit you into boxes quite easily, but not me. I hate both parties, they've both been bribed and bought off by special interests many many decades ago. Obama cares a lot more about who lines his pockets and his friends in Washington then he does you, he'll happily sell your soul for a check if he could and he'll happily promote your kids going off to fight in a war he'd never fight.

I consider McCain, Bush, Romney, Obama, Pelosi, Reed all to be big gov't facists

Right on.....

The day Fred Barns used the term "Big Government Conservative" was the day I knew that many on the right had lost their moorings.

A true Republican does not want Federal Government to do much more than secure the borders and negotiate treaties.

I consider McCain, Bush, Romney, Obama, Pelosi, Reed all to be big gov't facists

Right on.....

The day Fred Barns used the term "Big Government Conservative" was the day I knew that many on the right had lost their moorings.

A true Republican does not want Federal Government to do much more than secure the borders and negotiate treaties.

That's the Libertarian Party.

Yeah.... You have to be on the lunatic fringe left to think that Romney/McCain are far right.

Wondering how far right you have to be to be deluded into thinking they are "moderate"???

Yeah.... You have to be on the lunatic fringe left to think that Romney/McCain are far right.
Wondering how far right you have to be to be deluded into thinking they are "moderate"???
He says, from that lunatic fringe.

Both of them are a 1130-1200 of the Ideological clock - both of them, as well as the mainstream GOP, are, ideologically where the Dems were in the early 80s.

Both of them are a 1130-1200 of the Ideological clock - both of them, as well as the mainstream GOP, are, ideologically where the Dems were in the early 80s.

He says from the lunatic right.

He says from the lunatic right.
I'm sorry that the irrefutable truth maddens you to the point where you're reduced to pre-pubescent "I know you are but what am I" responses -- but, it -is- the irrefutable truth.

Perhaps someday you'll have the education and maturity to accept it.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back