Poor Kid...

ok thats great and all but what the hell can he do with no legs in a football game? Im just curious since the story didnt go into it. He cant possibly be doing anything important like tackling, or throwing, or obviously kicking. This kind of thing sucks all around. You feel bad for the kid because he has no legs from birth, but then you feel bad for the kids he plays against. If they make a play against that kid with no legs then its thought of well that kid has no legs big whoop. But if that kid somehow makes a play on them, they are remembered as the guy that the kid with no legs took down. Thats embarassing.

ITs like when girls want to play with guys but want the rules swayed to their favor. Soccer is a main example. Soccer is a pussy sport as it is, but early on, girls and boys play together till about age 12 or 13. I played soccer, football, baseball and basketball when i was a kid. Soccer was the only time you felt that the rules for the girls werent the same as the ones for the guys. IF you slide tackled a girl, then you get a foul. If they tried to slide tackle you, it was "suck it up shes a girl."

It puts the kids in an awkward position just like it does with this story. I understand your kid had a bad break, but don't make it harder on everyone else by putting these kids into these situations. If the disabled kid gets hurt because of a routine tackle, that other kid has to deal with that their whole life.

insein said:
ok thats great and all but what the hell can he do with no legs in a football game? Im just curious since the story didnt go into it. He cant possibly be doing anything important like tackling, or throwing, or obviously kicking. This kind of thing sucks all around. You feel bad for the kid because he has no legs from birth, but then you feel bad for the kids he plays against. If they make a play against that kid with no legs then its thought of well that kid has no legs big whoop. But if that kid somehow makes a play on them, they are remembered as the guy that the kid with no legs took down. Thats embarassing.

ITs like when girls want to play with guys but want the rules swayed to their favor. Soccer is a main example. Soccer is a pussy sport as it is, but early on, girls and boys play together till about age 12 or 13. I played soccer, football, baseball and basketball when i was a kid. Soccer was the only time you felt that the rules for the girls werent the same as the ones for the guys. IF you slide tackled a girl, then you get a foul. If they tried to slide tackle you, it was "suck it up shes a girl."

It puts the kids in an awkward position just like it does with this story. I understand your kid had a bad break, but don't make it harder on everyone else by putting these kids into these situations. If the disabled kid gets hurt because of a routine tackle, that other kid has to deal with that their whole life.

I don't know where you grew up but girls and boys normally do not play soccer on the same team once they passed the age of 5. Leagues were divided by sex, with ages groups covering a two year spread. Once you got into club teams, they were in the "Under ___" or the year they were born. I coached an "Under 12" girls team in California many years ago who were state champions two years in a row. We used to practice against boys teams and usually beat them.

In elementary and junior high school, you may have had boys and girls on the same team..but when you play real soccer, you don't do it.

I won't even get into the "pussy sport" comment. Anyone who has really played soccer or watched world-class competition knows otherwise.

insein said:

It's garbage that they pull an "equipment violation" on him. If you don't want him to play because you'll think he'll get hurt, be a man and say it. Don't hide behind some "he's not wearing leg pads and shoes" shit. The kid isn't retarded, he knows when they say "he can't play because he doesn't have leg pads" it really means he can't play because he doesn't have legs. If that's how you're gonna be, then just say it. This passive agressive behavior is for people who really are ashamed of what they're doing.

Hey I empathy for the kid, but, I have to ask….
Would you all feel the same if a blind person was allowed to race a car?
Would we put a quadruple amputee on a swim team?
Yea, this really is that stupid when you think about it.

Mr. P said:
Hey I empathy for the kid, but, I have to ask….
Would you all feel the same if a blind person was allowed to race a car?
Would we put a quadruple amputee on a swim team?
Yea, this really is that stupid when you think about it.

Explain to me how the kid with no legs is a danger to anyone but himself? He's signed a bunch of waivers stating he's not afraid of getting hurt. It's high school football. High school. Let the kid have a little glory.

The ClayTaurus said:
Explain to me how the kid with no legs is a danger to anyone but himself? He's signed a bunch of waivers stating he's not afraid of getting hurt. It's high school football. High school. Let the kid have a little glory.
Was he in a wheelchair or just out there rolling around?

Mr. P said:
Was he in a wheelchair or just out there rolling around?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/27/gallery.martin/content.1.html

014216618.jpg

A wheelchair would be an entirely different story.

The ClayTaurus said:

Yea he has signed a bunch of waivers, but if he gets hurt, the kid that hurt him is going to remember that for the rest of his life. People will remember that he was the kid who hurt the cripple. Waivers mean nothing. This will happen.

Yes the ref was a pussy for calling an "equipment violation" as a means to stop him from playing.

As for soccer, played soccer for 8 years. Played football 8 years. Played basketball and baseball for 8 years. There is more danger in basketball then soccer. I wont go as far as saying baseball is tougher, but soccer is not a rough sport. Athletic, yes. But you can go through a whole career of soccer without getting a single injury (pulled mucsles even). They call fouls way to quickly even on club teams where its supposed to be alittle more realistic.

insein said:
Yea he has signed a bunch of waivers, but if he gets hurt, the kid that hurt him is going to remember that for the rest of his life. People will remember that he was the kid who hurt the cripple. Waivers mean nothing. This will happen.

Says who? Anyone who hurts someone else remembers it. You're making very broad assumptions. Waivers mean nothing. This will happen. Sheesh.

insein said:
Yes the ref was a pussy for calling an "equipment violation" as a means to stop him from playing.

At least we agree on that.

insein said:

if you would have ever played soccer against me you would have a much different opinion

I think the kid is either on special teams or on the kick off team, so he's not really in any danger of getting hurt. Of course it's possible for him to get hurt, but that's true of every football player. I call "pussy" on the ref.

Hagbard Celine said:
I think the kid is either on special teams or on the kick off team, so he's not really in any danger of getting hurt. Of course it's possible for him to get hurt, but that's true of every football player. I call "pussy" on the ref.
No "pussy" doesn't get it...Now that we see the kid had no special equipment
that would endanger other players..I say the Ref. is a F'ing IDIOT!

Forum List

Back