Poop on Rove about to hit the fan

Gem said:
Gunny, Gunny, Gunny...thats not how they do it...get it straight!!!

Step 1: Slander and insinuate. Talk enough shit about whoever you don't like to get the average, uninformed American believing that we wouldn't be talking about this person so much if something wasn't actually wrong with them. Say a whole lot of nothing while your fact checkers scour the books for something actually legitimate and true that you can use against the person. If nothing is found, don't worry. Just continue to talk in vague negative terms about the person.

Step 2: After the suspicions over nothing have been sufficiently shoved down the throats of the average American the evil, still technically innocent person will step down or be forced to resign. The really stubborn ones might stick around...but thats ok...because they will use those people as examples of the nondescript evil still dwelling within the party.

Step 3: Post a miniscule article on page 23 of the NYT explaining that the person slandered really hasn't done anything wrong...oops!

You forgot a couple of things. There is always taking 5 to 10 year old quotes and taking them out of context. Of course, this has been sped up over the last couple of years, and many quotes are only a few months old. There is also digging up previous accusations that had no merit and giving them new life.

Of course, in this case, it doens't seem to be going anywhere. I was waiting to see what came of this before I commented, and thus far it hasn't moved beyond the unfounded accusation stage.

Even though I, like you, am interested in seeing what the actual evidence is before I determine my opinion about it, I'm not going to hold my breath about the outcome being forthright and open.

so let me see if i have this right....karl rove, the evil genius, left evidence that he told a reporter .............

yea right...

Something just crossed my mind on this. Really more of a "Wouldn't it be funny if..." thing, but does make me wonder.

What if Plame was looking to quit anyway and decided to stir some shit in the process? It would be pretty funny if the source these reporters were protecting was Plame herself, or her husband. :cool:

Matt Cooper has agreed to testify. Apparently, on the way to court today, Cooper got a call from his source and was told it was okay to reveal their name. Judith Miller got the same call, but still refuses to reveal the source.

So, two different sources? Seems it would be stupid to sit in jail for four months to protect a source that is going to be revealed anyway.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Matt Cooper has agreed to testify. Apparently, on the way to court today, Cooper got a call from his source and was told it was okay to reveal their name. Judith Miller got the same call, but still refuses to reveal the source.

So, two different sources? Seems it would be stupid to sit in jail for four months to protect a source that is going to be revealed anyway.
It makes one wonder if the source isn't actually a democratic supporter. Technically, Richard Clarke could have at one time been considered "part of the administration". Technically they use that term to describe just about anybody working under a president whether they be somebody he appointed or somebody appointed before Bush took office but allowed to stay on.

I'd be willing to bet $100 the source will not be a Bush "supporter". That is why they are protecting the source so vehemently.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Something just crossed my mind on this. Really more of a "Wouldn't it be funny if..." thing, but does make me wonder.

What if Plame was looking to quit anyway and decided to stir some shit in the process? It would be pretty funny if the source these reporters were protecting was Plame herself, or her husband. :cool:
This I would not doubt at all.

Forum List

Back