Pools kill more people each year than AR-15 rifles...time to ban pools...right?

they would if they didnt have something better

and trophy hunters disgust me

its these play on words that have us losing the debate on the 2nd A
Over the counter ARs and the like have never been used by any military, they are useless for such purposes. They don’t have m-4 ramps, barrels and gas chambers Which of all three are absolutely necessary for any type of military grade weapon.

You don’t understand trophy hunting, It actually is the best thing for game populations....
It adds value to a species much greater than any other form of conservation...
It ensures the best genetics into the population for the longest amount of time...
It ensures that declining/old animals do not pass on their genetics...
It make sure that animals with disease and bad genetics are not part of the population...
Trophy Hunting is as old is civilization itself... It is a great sport
In Third World countries it feeds populations and gives them a source of income....
Here in North America it is absolutely the best way to prolong a healthy population of game animals...
You need to be more open minded on the subject

The Second Amendment is an absolute right less someone fucks it up for themselves... And political correctness is no way to judge anything that is good

whos military are you referring to??? some military still use bolt action,,,

trophy hunting is for guys with little dicks,,,

herd population can be controlled by real hunters looking for food and not to compensate for a little dick,,

trophy hunting in history was for rich pricks with little dicks,,real men hunt for food not pleasure,,,

all arms can and are weapons of war,, which is exactly what the 2nd was for,,

dont be shy,,stand up for your rights,,,
lol
You’re Obsessed with penis just like Joe...
Just because a weapon looks like a military weapon does not mean it is a military weapon... You cannot judge a book by its cover

Trophy hunting is invaluable to game populations, First of all it only excepts the best genetics. It culls out the worst genetics, it allows the best animals to pass their Genetics to the herd for the longest possible time.
If you had any common sense, You would realize trophy hunting only allows for the best genetics. That’s what it’s all about.
As an example, A mule deer is in its prime Between the ages of 2 1/2 to 6 years old. As a trophy Hunter you want to wait till it hits its peak before you harvest the animal. That way it passes It’s genetics to the most does possible.
Once the mule deer goes past its peak that is where the bad genetics will hurt the game population.

And no one’s going to spend any money to harvest substandard mule deer...

Trophy hunting is all about improving the game species for future harvesting… He can’t get any more simple than that. Lol

obviously you dont know shit about trophy hunting,,,they always take the biggest and healthiest,,,thats why its called a trophy and not food,,heck even some of the pricks dont even keep the meat and give it away,,,

they never take the unhealthy or runts,,,

like I said real people that hunt for food do the same thing

you never said,,what military are you talking about??? cause its all a matter of money and resources that determine what weapon you carry,,,sure an M-5 is better than a AR,,and some are better than an M-5,,,

but I would rather have an AR than a 22 or bolt action,,,

guns were created for the purpose of killing or war, what you decide to do with them other than that is your business
lol
You need to educate yourself, The best animals will be able to spread their genes to the most Females With trophy hunting. Then before they decline they are harvesting.

As an example, The mule deer that I harvested last year on public land. I watched him for three seasons. He passed his genes along to who knows how many does in those three years before his decline.
Without trophy hunting some joker would’ve shot him when he was two years old most likely.
M-5?
You do realize ARs are available in most every cartridge? Get a grip man you don’t know what you’re talking about. Lol
Harvested?
You mean bravely shot from behind a blind.?
Try going over to battle ISIS?

The anti-gun logic goes....people are killed by AR-15 rifles....we must ban AR-15 rifles....

So...using that kind of insane logic....pools kill more people....a lot more people.....than AR-15 rifles each and every year...therefore...we need to ban pools.....

People killed by all rifle types in 2017....403

People killed by pools every year? Over 3,500

No One Really Needs to Have a Pool in Their Yard - The Truth About Guns

In the news recently, was another celebrity toddler drowning. As horrible as that is, this tragedy was one of over 3500 unintentional drownings that occur yearly in the U.S. , not counting boating accidents. Skier Bode Miller‘s family experienced a similar heartache just last year.

Why am I bringing up these horrible toddler deaths on a gun page? Because child death by drowning is a far bigger problem than child death by firearms. In fact as the CDC itself states: “Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects). Among those 1-14, fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death behind motor vehicle crashes.”

Yet you wouldn’t know that by the amount of noise we hear from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other medical societies about firearms versus what we hear about water safety.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has recently updated their policy statement regarding drowning and has a web page which includes a list of Swim Safety Tips.

The tips run the gamut from ways to secure your pool, to CPR training for adults, to safety equipment that should be available near a pool.

You know what is conspicuously absent from all of this advice? Telling parents to NOT have a pool, to NOT buy a boat, and to NEVER EVER go to the beach or lake.

Another conspicuous absence is the lobbying of government officials to place ever greater restrictions on swimming pools, boats, and bodies of natural water large and small, and even to ban some pools and boats completely.

Also absent is the demonization of the bathtub industry and the pool lobby, bills to sue pool manufacturers for deaths that they callously enable, and the advice to grill other parents about their pool habits and if there is any standing water or toilets where children play.

people kill people not guns ......guns do not jump off the table and start firing by themselves ...however pools can kill you all by themselves .......

You do understand that not ALL firearms are rifles don't you?
what?? no--I didn't
hahaha
about 500 club/hammer deaths compared to 8 THOUSAND firearms
he was making a BIG deal out of hammer/club deaths--
you did not get the point
you do understand now?

In other posts I also state that knives, clubs and bare hands kill more people than AR-15 rifles do.....I did not say all guns...that is you not reading the post correctly.

And gun murder in 2017 was 10,982, not 8,000.
Doesn't matter, doesn't give them the right to remove my right to defend myself, from our government.

What illegal act are you planning to commit?
Haven't you heard it's now illegal to be a Conservative in public.

Nah. It paid off well for wealthy conservatives with tRumps 50% tax liability cut.

The anti-gun logic goes....people are killed by AR-15 rifles....we must ban AR-15 rifles....

So...using that kind of insane logic....pools kill more people....a lot more people.....than AR-15 rifles each and every year...therefore...we need to ban pools.....

In the news recently, was another celebrity toddler drowning. As horrible as that is, this tragedy was one of over 3500 unintentional drownings that occur yearly in the U.S. , not counting boating accidents. Skier Bode Miller‘s family experienced a similar heartache just last year.

Why am I bringing up these horrible toddler deaths on a gun page? Because child death by drowning is a far bigger problem than child death by firearms. In fact as the CDC itself states: “Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects). Among those 1-14, fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death behind motor vehicle crashes.”

Yet you wouldn’t know that by the amount of noise we hear from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other medical societies about firearms versus what we hear about water safety.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has recently updated their policy statement regarding drowning and has a web page which includes a list of Swim Safety Tips.

The tips run the gamut from ways to secure your pool, to CPR training for adults, to safety equipment that should be available near a pool.

You know what is conspicuously absent from all of this advice? Telling parents to NOT have a pool, to NOT buy a boat, and to NEVER EVER go to the beach or lake.

Another conspicuous absence is the lobbying of government officials to place ever greater restrictions on swimming pools, boats, and bodies of natural water large and small, and even to ban some pools and boats completely.

Also absent is the demonization of the bathtub industry and the pool lobby, bills to sue pool manufacturers for deaths that they callously enable, and the advice to grill other parents about their pool habits and if there is any standing water or toilets where children play.

Deadly weapon/swimming pool

Is it that hard to tell the difference?

One was engineered to provide excerise, fun and relaxation. The other was engineered to kill as many people as quickly as possible.

It doesn't matter one is the actual cause of deaths by drowning it doesn't take a person to make you drown in a pool

The other all by itself cannot harm anyone and must be wielded by a person
Like a Car.
or a knife or a baseball bat etc

People like to say a gun is designed to kill therefore that is the purpose of a gun.

I disagree with that and say that it is the person who is using the tool that defines the purpose of the tool.

If I pull my weapon, someone is going to die.

One was engineered to provide excerise, fun and relaxation. The other was engineered to kill as many people as quickly as possible.

It doesn't matter one is the actual cause of deaths by drowning it doesn't take a person to make you drown in a pool

Like a Car.

People like to say a gun is designed to kill therefore that is the purpose of a gun.

I disagree with that and say that it is the person who is using the tool that defines the purpose of the tool.
What is the real purpose of a semi-automatic firing systemfed by a high capacity magazine? A machine that propels large amounts of lead at high velocity. What could we do with that?

Kill people.

Like a Car.

What is the real purpose of a semi-automatic firing systemfed by a high capacity magazine? A machine that propels large amounts of lead at high velocity. What could we do with that?

Kill people.
Can you explain that to my neighbors here in Pittsburgh or the people of Las Begas or Charleston or Aurora, Illinois, or Newtown, Connecticut?

Or perhaps you are thinking in abstract terms.

Over the counter ARs and the like have never been used by any military, they are useless for such purposes. They don’t have m-4 ramps, barrels and gas chambers Which of all three are absolutely necessary for any type of military grade weapon.

You don’t understand trophy hunting, It actually is the best thing for game populations....
It adds value to a species much greater than any other form of conservation...
It ensures the best genetics into the population for the longest amount of time...
It ensures that declining/old animals do not pass on their genetics...
It make sure that animals with disease and bad genetics are not part of the population...
Trophy Hunting is as old is civilization itself... It is a great sport
In Third World countries it feeds populations and gives them a source of income....
Here in North America it is absolutely the best way to prolong a healthy population of game animals...
You need to be more open minded on the subject

The Second Amendment is an absolute right less someone fucks it up for themselves... And political correctness is no way to judge anything that is good

whos military are you referring to??? some military still use bolt action,,,

trophy hunting is for guys with little dicks,,,

herd population can be controlled by real hunters looking for food and not to compensate for a little dick,,

trophy hunting in history was for rich pricks with little dicks,,real men hunt for food not pleasure,,,

all arms can and are weapons of war,, which is exactly what the 2nd was for,,

dont be shy,,stand up for your rights,,,
lol
You’re Obsessed with penis just like Joe...
Just because a weapon looks like a military weapon does not mean it is a military weapon... You cannot judge a book by its cover

Trophy hunting is invaluable to game populations, First of all it only excepts the best genetics. It culls out the worst genetics, it allows the best animals to pass their Genetics to the herd for the longest possible time.
If you had any common sense, You would realize trophy hunting only allows for the best genetics. That’s what it’s all about.
As an example, A mule deer is in its prime Between the ages of 2 1/2 to 6 years old. As a trophy Hunter you want to wait till it hits its peak before you harvest the animal. That way it passes It’s genetics to the most does possible.
Once the mule deer goes past its peak that is where the bad genetics will hurt the game population.

And no one’s going to spend any money to harvest substandard mule deer...

Trophy hunting is all about improving the game species for future harvesting… He can’t get any more simple than that. Lol

obviously you dont know shit about trophy hunting,,,they always take the biggest and healthiest,,,thats why its called a trophy and not food,,heck even some of the pricks dont even keep the meat and give it away,,,

they never take the unhealthy or runts,,,

like I said real people that hunt for food do the same thing

you never said,,what military are you talking about??? cause its all a matter of money and resources that determine what weapon you carry,,,sure an M-5 is better than a AR,,and some are better than an M-5,,,

but I would rather have an AR than a 22 or bolt action,,,

guns were created for the purpose of killing or war, what you decide to do with them other than that is your business
lol
You need to educate yourself, The best animals will be able to spread their genes to the most Females With trophy hunting. Then before they decline they are harvesting.

As an example, The mule deer that I harvested last year on public land. I watched him for three seasons. He passed his genes along to who knows how many does in those three years before his decline.
Without trophy hunting some joker would’ve shot him when he was two years old most likely.
M-5?
You do realize ARs are available in most every cartridge? Get a grip man you don’t know what you’re talking about. Lol
Harvested?
You mean bravely shot from behind a blind.?
Try going over to battle ISIS?
Lol
All of the hunting I do up here in the northern plains is spot and stalk....

Like a Car.

If I pull my weapon, someone is going to die.

Yeah OK Mr. Internet Tough Guy

66584345_10157548748985209_514525378274918400_n.jpg

Forum List

Back