Pool-mageddon avoided — for now

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by chanel, Mar 17, 2012.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Pool-mageddon avoided

Anyone else see a problem with this - besides the outrageous cost?

2. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I have a pool, putting a ramp in is ill advised, you will lose more folks to slips and falls than you help, unless you want to create more crippled folks, talk about creating your own political base ;).

and how did spas/hotels get in this? so its not a just a muni requirement.....so every single spa, no matter their attendance etc. will be required? a jacuzzi cannot handle a ramp due to space issues the incline/decline area will take up one side of the goddamn thing and hello, rolling a wheelchair into a hot tub? what about the wheelchair as a mechanism? sanitary requirements, the rubber gaskets etc. ? Oh wait we'll create an industry for that, give them gov. money to make wheelchairs that can withstand the high temperatures, requires no lube etc.

as far as lifts? seriously?space cost liability, this isn't quite as bad as a requirement for braille on nature trail signs but the thought is the same.

3. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    It's political payback to the Trial Lawyer's Association.

That's all the government is good for lately -- benefiting Dem donors and special interests.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Damn, you have got to be kidding me...this is now law?

Simple fix...Make all pools private. Stay at a hotel? But a pool membership to the club. Live in a neighborhood with a pool? But the membership to the club.

What the fuck?

Are Gold's gyms covered, too? I mean, those stair masters and elipticals need to be handicap-accessible.

5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I'm flabbergasted. I'm friends with several motel owners and know for a fact that some don't have lifeguards. Do they really want immobile people "swimming" in their pools? No offense to the handicapped, but a pool may not be the best place to hang out. Maybe they should now require a swimmimg test for entry - just like summer camp?

I like your idea si modo. I'll suggest that to some of the locals here.

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    You got it! That's all it is. There will be no enforcement. It is to grant a cause of action that will enable someone to sue. And they will. Boy will they ever. Some "disabled" have lawsuits as an occupation.

The law was delayed because this is an election year. obama didn't want to be responsible for the "Have a nice summer" law that would shut down every pool in the nation except for backyard pools on private property. Originally, the pool owners were given 48 hours to comply and there aren't enough wheelchair lifts to retrofit all the pools. It was supposed to jumpstart the lawsuits.

7. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Indeed. It's incredibly obvious.

But Obama counts on his supporters being stupid. And they don't let him down.

8. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,315
    Fucking asinine. Cater to the few at the MASSIVE expense to the many. Just wait, eventually this house of cards is going to come crashing down.

And all the libs are continually asking 'what crushing regs.' Well, here you go, a prime example.