Pooh Offends Muslims

speederdoc said:
Well, I'm not a woman, and I have no intention of ever visiting their little hellish corner of the world, but if I were and did, you can be assured I wouldn't be wearing a sack over my head. But then again I support the right of people to express themselves in the manner of their choosing. Those who would limit such expressions tend to cause the problems.

You do realize that most of those women have no other clothing option due to being trapped in a medieval, mysogonistic, theocratic bullshit culture? I don't like it either, but blame the men, women didn't come up with that dumbass religion and its rules. In fact it looks like women don't come up with very many of the dumbass religions out there, but they usually suffer because of them.

people that are offended by things like this offend me and they should be removed from my country.

Nuc said:
You do realize that most of those women have no other clothing option due to being trapped in a medieval, mysogonistic, theocratic bullshit culture? I don't like it either, but blame the men, women didn't come up with that dumbass religion and its rules. In fact it looks like women don't come up with very many of the dumbass religions out there, but they usually suffer because of them.
Trapped? In their dark ageish, hellhole of a "home" country perhaps. Not in Houston. http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=337842&postcount=16

:bsflag:

Nuc said:
You don't think their families and husbands influence them after they emigrate? The cloud of ignorance just lifts once they see Britney Spears on TV?

You don't usually see much resistence until the second generation of women comes along, although there are still huge family pressures based on cultural traditions that aren't passed over so easily.

Said1 said:
You don't usually see much resistence until the second generation of women comes along, although there are still huge family pressures based on cultural traditions that aren't passed over so easily.

I guess my point is, disgusting as it is to see those women parading in burkhas, don't scapegoat on them......it's the men who are in control.

Said1 said:
Hmmm, sounds pretty liberal to moi. :tng:

:D

Maybe, but I know a lot of Arabs and the family has an insane amount of influence. The concept of the "individual" barely exists. Even some of the most liberal Arabs I know have succombed to arranged marriages and such. Some of the women give up their careers.

Nuc said:
Maybe, but I know a lot of Arabs and the family has an insane amount of influence. The concept of the "individual" barely exists. Even some of the most liberal Arabs I know have succombed to arranged marriages and such. Some of the women give up their careers.

Man, what's with you guys, I was joking.

I agreed. Sometimes supports systems to help these women are nessesary due to family influences. If they basically have no where to turn, resisting alone can have very unpleasent consequences.

William Joyce said:
Ditto Abbey. I get ROYALLY pissed when I see women running around the U.S. in their stupid Muslim wraps. Because I see it as a way of giving traditional American society THE FINGER...

Exactly! I usually think of it as a slap in the face to the freedom that American women enjoy, but the finger analogy works too.

Abbey Normal said:
Exactly! I usually think of it as a slap in the face to the freedom that American women enjoy, but the finger analogy works too.

And that's why we should think twice before letting a bunch of knuckleheads from the middle ages into this country.

Nuc said:
And that's why we should think twice before letting a bunch of knuckleheads from the middle ages into this country.

TTSREST.JPG

Forum List

Back