Pony Seeks Stable Home

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Citizendave, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Citizendave

Citizendave Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    "Spam bot." I don't understand what you're saying.

"Ignore list." I don't know who you are speaking to, or what you are saying.

"This has nothing to do with a pony." Wrong, and this has everything to do with an introduction. I once sold a toy pony using a humorous ad title. I enjoyed the friendly response of people who weren't even interested in buying it because I prize the goodwill of others, and happy "little" moments.

"Horses, ponies, dogs, and cats are almost human-like." Say there yiostheoy, have you been watching a lot of Disney movies lately? That could be this issue here, because that thought is completely mangled and superfluous. You could say they are "almost human," but that would be ridiculous and demonstrably wrong, but you said they are 'almost human-like" that really means nothing. The same could be said of a tree or a river. A tree is upright, so is a human when they are walking. A river, like a human life, has a beginning, a middle and an end.

Oh and this one:

"They all need a home, and someone to care for them." Wap wap wap! The beating continues. Wrong-o! Let me know if you need a link, but horses, ponies, dogs, and cats can actually live outside in the bushes and fields without someone to care for them. Was that sentence of yours supposed to be a joke? Because it's funny whether you intended it to be or not. So, if it's a joke "its a good one," and if it's not, it's still "a good one," in fact, it's much funnier if you meant it to be true.

"They should not be denigrated as objects of frivolous speech like this O/P has done."

You are the Gold member and I presume you know the rules. I just read these posting guidelines and maybe my response has gone outside of them. If so, I apologize. These are Welcome Threads. Please focus on Civil Discourse. Be Polite. No Flame Wars. No Derailing. No Neg Repping.

I joined this site to argue the issues, but if you make me the issue, by saying that I'm doing something that I'm not doing, I will argue vigorously in my defense, and I will make your statements and you an issue.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Citizendave

Citizendave Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Mousterian - thanks for the welcome and I agree!