Pony Seeks Stable Home

Citizendave

Rookie
Mar 11, 2017
I tuned in to FOX news on Nov. 8 specifically to watch Carl Rove & Company melt down like I saw him melt down in 2012. This did not go well. Instead I was treated to strident and energized tones, the like I have rarely heard.

I have had to settle for watching Rachel Maddow hedge and expand on a story which, if true, I do not know what the legal or political implications will be. Anyway, the tawdry tale is nudged along by senior administration officials who raise questions when they do not answer the question which has been asked.

I go through phases of being more political. 4 years ago I began listening to hours and hours of FOX conservative talk radio in St. Louis. I would chop out the worst things they say and upload it to youtube.

Dana Loesch - Urinating On The Bodies of Dead Taliban Is A Good Thing

My intention was to contact the advertisers on the station and ask them to reconsider their sponsorship. I eventually lost steam for the project when the group fell apart. Plus, listening to poisonous, petty, disingenuous discourse was not easy. We did contact some of the sponsors, and possibly got one to stop advertising on that radio station, but of course I'll never know.

One interesting highlight from that project, having it confirmed by a morning show host - a guy who had worked for years in conservative radio - that some of the callers are fake. It is one thing to suspect something, and another to have it confirmed. I made a complaint to the FCC which went nowhere. E-mails to elected officials - same result. Rick Santorum talks about this process in this little snippet I grabbed off of the TV.

I belonged to another political debate site long ago. For around three years I specialized in debating Climate Change. I also developed an argument for "proving" that global warming is happening which I have never seen anyone else employ. I may test it out in the weeks to come.

I quit the debate site when McCain won the '08 primary. My thought was, since Obama believes in GW, and McCain does too, one way or another, America is going to address this proven, known, problem. I was also ready to stop because, in three years of debate on that site, I was unaware of having convinced a single person of even one point. For myself, when someone caught me in an error, I made a point of saying, "You got me." Other people, when cornered, simply veer off.

I've read over some of the introductions and I can see that there are plenty of conservative folks here, and that will be great. Agreement is, in the political sense, boring to me.

I thank this website in advance for being here.

Last edited:
Great, another GW pusher. 5 Ice age events known to have come and gone before fossil fuel usage. No explanation?

I don't want unnecessary pollution but I don't buy GW scam. Thx 4 dropping by.

I tuned in to FOX news on Nov. 8 specifically to watch Carl Rove & Company melt down like I saw him melt down in 2012. This did not go well. Instead I was treated to strident and energized tones, the like I have rarely heard.

I have had to settle for watching Rachel Maddow hedge and expand on a story which, if true, I do not know what the legal or political implications will be. Anyway, the tawdry tale is nudged along by senior administration officials who raise questions when they do not answer the question which has been asked.

I go through phases of being more political. 4 years ago I began listening to hours and hours of FOX conservative talk radio in St. Louis. I would chop out the worst things they say and upload it to youtube.

My intention was to contact the advertisers on the station and ask them to reconsider their sponsorship. I eventually lost steam for the project when the group fell apart. Plus, listening to poisonous, petty, disingenuous discourse was not easy. We did contact some of the sponsors, and possibly got one to stop advertising on that radio station, but of course I'll never know.

One interesting highlight from that project, having it confirmed by a morning show host - a guy who had worked for years in conservative radio - that some of the callers are fake. It is one thing to suspect something, and another to have it confirmed. I made a complaint to the FCC which went nowhere. E-mails to elected officials - same result. Rick Santorum talks about this process in this little snippet I grabbed off of the TV.

I belonged to another political debate site long ago. For around three years I specialized in debating Climate Change. I also developed an argument for "proving" that global warming is happening which I have never seen anyone else employ. I may test it out in the weeks to come.

I quit the debate site when McCain won the '08 primary. My thought was, since Obama believes in GW, and McCain does too, one way or another, America is going to address this proven, known, problem. I was also ready to stop because, in three years of debate on that site, I was unaware of having convinced a single person of even one point. For myself, when someone caught me in an error, I made a point of saying, "You got me." Other people, when cornered, simply veer off.

I've read over some of the introductions and I can see that there are plenty of conservative folks here, and that will be great. Agreement is, in the political sense, boring to me.

OK: so are you an "end of the worlder" or "a bit from column A; a bit from column B" sorta bloke...or sheila?

Greg

Thank you Saveliberty. Once long ago my brother had me sell some of my niece's toys which she had outgrown. One of the toys was a 3 foot high pony, and that was the heading I wrote for the Craigslist ad. A bunch of people e-mailed me: "I don't want to buy the pony, but the title of your ad made me laugh." I enjoyed that so I've remembered the line.

Thanks for the welcome Old Yeller. Since this is the intro forum I will contain myself and stay OT. If I roll out my special super duper highly unique ( I think) argument to "prove" GW is happening, I will send you a message and invite you to attempt to tear my argument to scraps.

Hi Greg, sorry I do not follow..........

Thank you Saveliberty. Once long ago my brother had me sell some of my niece's toys which she had outgrown. One of the toys was a 3 foot high pony, and that was the heading I wrote for the Craigslist ad. A bunch of people e-mailed me: "I don't want to buy the pony, but the title of your ad made me laugh." I enjoyed that so I've remembered the line.

Thanks for the welcome Old Yeller. Since this is the intro forum I will contain myself and stay OT. If I roll out my special super duper highly unique ( I think) argument to "prove" GW is happening, I will send you a message and invite you to attempt to tear my argument to scraps.

Hi Greg, sorry I do not follow..........

A topic for another thread. Welcome.

BTW: I want the pony; my nieces would love it.

Greg

I wouldn't doubt that there is some global warming, but we really cannot prove what causes it, and silly taxes are NOT going to stop it. No human will stop it. Let's not be naive and pretend. Might as well kiss your butt goodbye! :bye1: Welcome.

Hi, Dave! Bet you can't keep your heretical contentions to yourself for long....
Looking fwd to your slant.
Ol'Yeller, the figure below explains it all...bone up on Milankovitch Cycles, and the scales will fall from your eyes...
Milankovitch_Variations.png

Spam bot.

Ignore list.

This has nothing to do with a pony.

Horses, ponies, dogs, and cats are almost human-like.

They all need a home, and someone to care for them.

They should not be denigrated as objects of frivolous speech like this O/P has done.

"Spam bot." I don't understand what you're saying.

"Ignore list." I don't know who you are speaking to, or what you are saying.

"This has nothing to do with a pony." Wrong, and this has everything to do with an introduction. I once sold a toy pony using a humorous ad title. I enjoyed the friendly response of people who weren't even interested in buying it because I prize the goodwill of others, and happy "little" moments.

"Horses, ponies, dogs, and cats are almost human-like." Say there yiostheoy, have you been watching a lot of Disney movies lately? That could be this issue here, because that thought is completely mangled and superfluous. You could say they are "almost human," but that would be ridiculous and demonstrably wrong, but you said they are 'almost human-like" that really means nothing. The same could be said of a tree or a river. A tree is upright, so is a human when they are walking. A river, like a human life, has a beginning, a middle and an end.

Oh and this one:

"They all need a home, and someone to care for them." Wap wap wap! The beating continues. Wrong-o! Let me know if you need a link, but horses, ponies, dogs, and cats can actually live outside in the bushes and fields without someone to care for them. Was that sentence of yours supposed to be a joke? Because it's funny whether you intended it to be or not. So, if it's a joke "its a good one," and if it's not, it's still "a good one," in fact, it's much funnier if you meant it to be true.

"They should not be denigrated as objects of frivolous speech like this O/P has done."

You are the Gold member and I presume you know the rules. I just read these posting guidelines and maybe my response has gone outside of them. If so, I apologize. These are Welcome Threads. Please focus on Civil Discourse. Be Polite. No Flame Wars. No Derailing. No Neg Repping.

I joined this site to argue the issues, but if you make me the issue, by saying that I'm doing something that I'm not doing, I will argue vigorously in my defense, and I will make your statements and you an issue.

Forum List

Back