pompeo Declines to Present Evidence of Imminent Threat From Iran

There was no imminent threat.
What makes you say that? Because you hate Trump?

I don't believe there was an imminent threat.

All trump does is lie. Pompeo has lied about the call trump made to Zelensky in July.

Both men are proven liars.

If trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

When asked for proof of their claims, pompeo refuses to provide it. If there was proof he would have provided it when asked.

Finally it's being reported that the general was there on diplomatic business to discuss peace with Saudi Arabia.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If it was just trump and his cohorts who had to deal with the consequences of this most people wouldn't care. But it's innocent people who are going to die or be harmed because of this.
Trump is not so powerful yet that the Department of Defense is his puppet. I do not believe that. This is what was released. Trump and his henchmen can expound as they will, but this is what it was based on.

Interestingly, the wording doesn't actually pinpoint any specific future attack, or imminent threat, so you are technically right. However, I don't see that minor detail--of the latest plan not being quite ready--as a great reason to hold off blowing the bastard up.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Statement by the Department of Defense
JAN. 2, 2020

At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.

General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th – culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.

This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.

How will killing that man deter future attacks? It won't do a damn thing to prevent any attacks. They've already replaced him and the new general is bent on revenge. So is the whole nation of Iran.

The killing of this general will do nothing to stop attacks. It will cause more attacks to happen. Anyone who doesn't believe that, I have some wonderful ocean beach front property in Kansas to sell them cheap.

I don't believe anything trump says and I don't believe that there was an imminent threat.

Even the letter from the DOD didn't say there was any attack or threat much less imminent.

This is a repeat of the bush boy years. We've been down this road before.

The only way I'm going to believe any of this is with honest, solid factual proof.

As I said, if trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

Many Americans are like me. Once we've been lied too over and over again we don't believe much from the liars with out honest, solid factual proof.
Great post. Thank you.

This should be a huge red flag that pompeo and trump are lying about that imminent threat.

If there was evidence they would present it. Yet they refuse and try to change the subject to the general's past conduct.

What he did in the past isn't what trump and pompeo claimed is the reason for killing that general. They said imminent threat.

We're getting nothing but lies from trump and pompeo.

If they couldn't lie, they wouldn't have much of anything to say.

Pompeo again declines to present evidence of 'imminent' threat that led to strike against Iranian general

Oh puh-leeze. Iran has been at war with the U.S since the 1970s. Soleimani was directly responsible for hundreds of American deaths, and had just bombed our embassy in Iraq.

Dem-Progs are such pathetic pussies.

And the US government is responsible for the tens of thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Perhaps if we didn't send our soldiers there in for first place they would still be alive. Those Americans died because of imaginary weapons.

9/11 wasn't imaginary, bub.

Didn’t say it was. But Bin laden wasn’t even in Afghanistan and there were no WMDs

You need to check your facts. You are wrong.

Because people know what liars this administration are. They have no credibility.

Tough shit! You do not need information that could compromise our sources. No one trusts you either!
No one trusts me??? You do not even know me, you are obviously a desperate little man.

I don't need to know you in order to not trust you.

You could be a member of an Iranian sleeper cell.
Paranoid much?

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you! :abgg2q.jpg:
True. And I imagine there are people out to get you. Like that guy behind you.

All trump does is lie. Pompeo has lied about the call trump made to Zelensky in July.

If trump had not spent the last 4 years lying through his teeth about everything, I wouldn't doubt his word.

When asked for proof of their claims, pompeo refuses to provide it. If there was proof he would have provided it when asked.

Finally it's being reported that the general was there on diplomatic business to discuss peace with Saudi Arabia.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If it was just trump and his cohorts who had to deal with the consequences of this most people wouldn't care. But it's innocent people who are going to die or be harmed because of this.
Bill Clinton could have had Bin Laddin killed but dumbasses like you said there was no imminent threat. Oooops. A few years later and we have 9/11. That guy was a terrible human being responsible for 600+ dead Americans. I am glad we took him out before he did something worse. Iran used the bribe money provided to them in the Nuke deal to fund terrorists like Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthi rebels. They were already bad and at war. Leftists are so delusional.

This should be a huge red flag that pompeo and trump are lying about that imminent threat.

If there was evidence they would present it. Yet they refuse and try to change the subject to the general's past conduct.

What he did in the past isn't what trump and pompeo claimed is the reason for killing that general. They said imminent threat.

We're getting nothing but lies from trump and pompeo.

If they couldn't lie, they wouldn't have much of anything to say.

Pompeo again declines to present evidence of 'imminent' threat that led to strike against Iranian general

Oh puh-leeze. Iran has been at war with the U.S since the 1970s. Soleimani was directly responsible for hundreds of American deaths, and had just bombed our embassy in Iraq.

Dem-Progs are such pathetic pussies.

And the US government is responsible for the tens of thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Perhaps if we didn't send our soldiers there in for first place they would still be alive. Those Americans died because of imaginary weapons.

9/11 wasn't imaginary, bub.

Didn’t say it was. But Bin laden wasn’t even in Afghanistan and there were no WMDs

It must be difficult going through life without being able to connect the dots.

Condolences.

Bill Clinton could have had Bin Laddin killed but dumbasses like you said there was no imminent threat. Oooops. A few years later and we have 9/11. That guy was a terrible human being responsible for 600+ dead Americans. I am glad we took him out before he did something worse. Iran used the bribe money provided to them in the Nuke deal to fund terrorists like Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthi rebels. They were already bad and at war. Leftists are so delusional.
Clinton tried to get him, but could not be assured it was OBL. When he was assured the target was him, they missed him by minutes. Get your history straight.

Clinton tried to get him, but could not be assured it was OBL. When he was assured the target was him, they missed him by minutes. Get your history straight.

Is that right?

Bill Clinton: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden in 1998

A day before Sept. 11, 2001, former President Bill Clinton told an audience that he could have had Osama bin Laden killed, but chose not to, because an attack could have endangered innocent women and children in Afghanistan.

New Topics

Forum List

Back