Polygamy, mulitple choice, public poll

• Multiple husbands, one wife

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
This is not about Mitt Romney.

We've accidentally found a show on TV called "Sister Wives" and ...

How do you feel about polygamy?

Include consideration of multiple husband/one wife, as well as multiple wives/one husband, consenting adults.

Why do you feel that way?

Last edited:
Once you go Mormon You Won't want to go back? I don't know, You tell me. :D

One works for me. :)

Poygami. What's that? Hawaiian Origami?

Polygamy has been outlawed by the Mormon Church since 1890.

Another Luddite Fail Thread.

Considering that Utah is hard core Republican as a state (a very vociferous center and left exist in much smaller numbers), the only pertinent issues are whether children are being abused and if certain wives are not allowed to take their children if they wish to leave the enclaves.

Myself? I would not want more than one wife. I much rather be the lesser fraction to one than the lesser fractions to two, several, or many.

Calhoun Times - Justice Department sues Arizona Utah polygamous towns

I saw these headlines just a few days ago.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Authorities in a pair of polygamous Utah-Arizona border towns have supported a campaign of intimidation against the unfaithful, denying them housing and municipal services and allowing members of the dominant religious sect to destroy their crops and property, the U.S. Justice Department said in a lawsuit Thursday.

The federal civil rights case was filed against the towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Ariz., where most residents are members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, run by the group's jailed leader Warren Jeffs.

Jeffs is serving a life sentence in Texas after convictions on child sex and bigamy charges, but is said to still maintain control of the communities from behind bars.

According to the lawsuit filed in federal court in Arizona, city leaders and law enforcement in the two towns have for decades served at Jeffs' pleasure while ignoring the constitutional rights of residents who aren't FLDS followers.

Poygamy is a kind of gamy Hawian pasty fruity substance like stuff. Like a durian, except you have to eat two or more of them.

Poygami. What's that? Hawaiian Origami?

Polygamy has been outlawed by the Mormon Church since 1890.

Another Luddite Fail Thread.

Well, in all fairness, Bill Paxton might disagree. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcX2hQ8fgqA&feature=related]Big Love - They - YouTube[/ame]

This is the one I found rather bizarre.

Warren Jeffs to followers: Only 15 men allowed to father children - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

COLORADO CITY, AZ (ABC 4 News) - Former members of the FLDS polygamist group are saying Warren Jeffs has a perverse, new math when it comes to sex: 15 men for thousands of women.

They say from his jail cell in Palestine, Texas, Jeffs has issued an edict that only 15 men in his group of roughly 10-thousand followers are allowed to have sex. For all others -- even married members -- sex is forbidden.

What's more, they're hearing from friends and family still in the FLDS group that when women are "called" for sex, they have no choice in the matter. "Women have been reduced to nothing more than breeding stock," said one woman who escaped the group years ago, but still has loved ones who are members.

ABC 4 News is being told the Jeffs' edict actually came down months ago and has already been put into practice by "elite" members.

Isaac Wyler left the FLDS group rather than follow Warren Jeffs and his father, Rulon, but still lives among them in Colorado City, Arizona. "If this doesn't break them, what will?" Wyler asked in frustration. "It blows my mind that I've still got brothers and sisters that are still involved in this and haven't walked yet."

This is not about Mitt Romney.

We've accidentally found a show on TV called "Sister Wives" and ...

How do you feel about polygamy?

Include consideration of multiple husband/one wife, as well as multiple wives/one husband, consenting adults.

Why do you feel that way?

I know it's not about Mitt Romney because his religion doesn't believe in Polygamy.

However, Muslims do.....

mudwhistle, your posts are always very cowardly, just name calling, no content.

The poll doesn't ask what various religions believe. Maybe you would like to read it again.

Forum List

Back