Polygamy NOW !!!

usr

Rookie
Sep 27, 2013
We as a society have changed greatly over the last few decades, I think it is time to look at this in a serious and thoughtful manner, If "gay marriage" why not Polygamy ?

I for one would rather a lonely woman needing a husband share a "good man" than to have a "bad man" all to herself.

So long as ALL parties agree and are of AGE.. why not ?

No logical reason to deny polygamy and promote same gender marriage. There is quite a bit of reasonable argument for the converse.

We as a society have changed greatly over the last few decades, I think it is time to look at this in a serious and thoughtful manner, If "gay marriage" why not Polygamy ?

I for one would rather a lonely woman needing a husband share a "good man" than to have a "bad man" all to herself.

If they legalize drugs, they should legalize polygamy. Go all the way. ;)

...because it's sloppy and leads to abandonment.

Women get hurt because their partners leave them, and lots of men get hurt from never finding partners.

There's also a massive child support issue.

If you're an alpha elitist, it's great. If you're not, then not so much.

There's also a concession to cultural degradation. Relationships are built around intimacy which requires culture in order to suggestively symbolize what you want.

In polygamy, this gets dumped because people can satisfy their emotions through novelty instead.

Last edited:
There are some serious legal issues that would have to be worked out. In the case of a divorce, how does property get divided up between all the spouses? Child support? Custody and legal guardianship? Suppose Husband is on a vent and Wife 1 wants to take him off, Wife 2 doesn't, then what? Does adding new spouses require the approval of other spouses or can it be done unilaterally? Can one or more spouse divorce a spouse without unanimous consent?

There's an app for polygamy - in Indonesia...
thumbsup.gif

"Let's do polygamy": New dating app stirs debate in Indonesia
October 02, 2017 — Scrolling through dating websites a year ago, Indonesian app developer Lindu Pranayama realized there were a lot of married men looking for another wife - but few online services to meet their needs.
"When they go to regular dating sites, they don't see options for polygamy. They don't see options for finding second, third or fourth wives," he said. Enter "AyoPoligami" - a new smartphone app developed by Pranayama, which aims to "bring together male users with women who are willing to make 'big families'." Loosely translated as "Let's do polygamy", the Tinder-style dating app has already stirred up controversy since its April launch in Indonesia, where over 80 percent of the 250 million population are Muslim and polygamy is legal. Muslim men can take up to four wives in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim country, if permission is granted by a court and the first wife gives her consent.

BEDCF48F-AABA-4626-A3D4-9C05DF920D59_cx0_cy2_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

An Indonesian bride and groom hug during a mass wedding ceremony attended by 47 couples in Jakarta, Indonesia​

Court officials could not provide figures of how many people in Indonesia are polygamous, but activists say cases of men giving false information to gain permission and manipulation of women are common. The app has been downloaded over 10,000 times before it stopped registering new members following concerns of fake accounts were being set up, and men using the site without the knowledge of their first wives. A new version is set to be launched on Oct. 5, and will impose stricter rules on users including requiring them to provide an identification card, marital status and a letter of permission from their first wives.

'This is what God planned for me'

Iyus Yusuf Fasyiya, an Indonesian factory worker who has two wives, said he used the app to share tips with other users on how to maintain a polygamous marriage. "Many members are looking for wives - they ask about how to start, how to maintain polygamous marriages, and also government regulations," he said from his home village in Bogor, about 90-minute drive from the capital Jakarta. The 37-year-old dodged questions about whether he was using the app to look for another wife but said he continues to learn about polygamy, after he took on his second wife six years following his first marriage in 2000. "It just happened, this is what God planned for me," said Fasyiya, who takes turns to see his two wives and five children who live in nearby villages.

The majority of the app users were men, but there were also about 4,000 women who have registered, the app developer said. Lawyer Rachmat Dwi Putranto, who deals with marriage matters, said polygamy is "not that easily achieved" as Indonesian courts will only give permission if the first wife is disabled, ill or cannot bear children.

Violence against women

Polygamy is bad for women, it's bad for children, and it's bad for most men.

The reason women are in such a sotry state in the Muslim world is because of polygamy.

A polygamous marriage is not a real marriage, man and woman are not equal partners, the woman is more like property and has very few rights.

...because it's sloppy and leads to abandonment.

Women get hurt because their partners leave them, and lots of men get hurt from never finding partners.

There's also a massive child support issue.

If you're an alpha elitist, it's great. If you're not, then not so much.

There's also a concession to cultural degradation. Relationships are built around intimacy which requires culture in order to suggestively symbolize what you want.

In polygamy, this gets dumped because people can satisfy their emotions through novelty instead.

Marriage is purely a financial arrangement codified by a legal contract.

Read the marriage laws in any state. Neither love nor sexual contact is a demand to enter into one.

And sloppy? You realize that people are abandoned whether married or not. People pay child support whether they were married or not. Some collect support from multiple partners whether they were married or not.

But then again, procreation is not a requirement in marriage. We already established that fact as well.

Interesting.

Nothing wrong with polygamy. Nothing wrong with Prostitution. Nothing wrong with pot. Nothing wrong with not wearing a seatbelt.
There is nothing wrong with a lot of things our big govt has banned. They just like to take away peoples choices because "they know whats good for you"
:rolleyes:

The reason women are in such a sotry state in the Muslim world is because of polygamy.

A polygamous marriage is not a real marriage, man and woman are not equal partners, the woman is more like property and has very few rights.
The "religious" fascist doesnt like it so we should ban it o_O

No logical reason to deny polygamy and promote same gender marriage. There is quite a bit of reasonable argument for the converse.

THere is tremendously more historical acceptance of polygamy than same sex marriage.

It's not for me, I can barely manage one wife, but I don't think it governments place to decide. What consenting adults do is their business. There are likely some issues that need government regulation but that just details.

Forum List

Back