Polygamy, Gay, and 'Open' Marriages

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
We must have them. The modern liberal-atheist-anti-god crowd has corrupted marriage and warped to fit their own agenda. Lamech, Ismael, Jacob, Gideon, Solomon, David, Abijah-God has made it clear that Marriage is 1 man, multiple wives. only recently has society, rejecting god's word, which is true from the beginning (Psalm 119:160), adopted the concept of monogamous marriage, largely at the behest of liberals, 'progressives', 'secular' (following Satan) governments and, most recently, feminists. The united States used armed forces against the Mormons for practicing their religion and honoring God's word and the sanctity or marriage, forcing them to abandon God, their religion, and true godly polygamy. Accepting their corruption of marriage into a system that strips men of their right to multiple wives and concubines is one iof the tests. Those who accept this 'wear the mark upon their foreheads' as they accept in their heart and minds Satan's teachings and the atheist/feminist/liberal agenda.

The bible also acknowledges that Gay marriages can take place, though God disapproves and it is to be kept out of site and in private. (Jonathan’s father referred to David as his son in law in I Samuel 18:21). Samuel 18:21 also makes it clear that Jonothan';s father was aware of this union, though he strongly disapproved.

The Bible also makes it clear that is a woman is unable to conceive, or fails for some time, a man is to take his concubine or another woman, and she is to serve in his wife's stead (Abraham, Sara, and Hagar). This is a Christian country founded by Christians, and we must restore marriage to its godly and biblical form.

This is a Christian country founded by Christians, and we must restore marriage to its godly and biblical form.

Nah... this country is a secular democracy.

Christians should do what they argue the gays should do... keep your religion exclusively to your personal life and leave it out of the public sphere and policy.

• Banned
What atheists view America as a 'Christian Nation'?

Now, where are all the christians? Where is their demand that marriage be honoured as 'God' intended it?- or is it that scripture does not suit their agenda on this one, so they just ignore and and pick out the passages that fit their desires?:eusa_whistle:

What atheists view America as a 'Christian Nation'?

Now, where are all the christians? Where is their demand that marriage be honoured as 'God' intended it?- or is it that scripture does not suit their agenda on this one, so they just ignore and and pick out the passages that fit their desires?:eusa_whistle:

who said anything about atheists believing it's a christian nation?

that's almost as stupid as saying all christians are against gay marriage.
you're on a roll.

• Banned
you said that some atheists believe this is not a secular democracy, accepting the 'christian nation' claims

Now you're trying to cover your ass for saying something stupid, when I asked you to point out some atheists who say what you have said they do

you said that some atheists believe this is not a secular democracy, accepting the 'christian nation' claims

Now you're trying to cover your ass for saying something stupid, when I asked you to point out some atheists who say what you have said they do

i said some atheist claim this is not a secular democracy. i said nothing about accepting christian nation claims.

who are these atheists that disagree that the US is a secular democracy? Are they any relation to log cabin republicans?

i said some atheist claim this is not a secular democracy. i said nothing about accepting christian nation claims.

I am not an atheist so I can only make an assumption on how they actually view the country, but I doubt they view the country as "not a secular democracy" but rather a country that has had much of its policy hijacked by the religious right.

Only a guess though...

I am not an atheist so I can only make an assumption on how they actually view the country, but I doubt they view the country as "not a secular democracy" but rather a country that has had much of its policy hijacked by the religious right.

Only a guess though...

good a guess as any.

--- Who in their right mind would want to take the garbage out for more than one woman? Can you imagine multiple wives giving you directions while you drove the car? How about multiple wives deciding who's parent's house you shall be having Thanksgiving dinner at? Maybe it's a good thing that you can only have one wife in this country... Might be safer that way!

'We should not allow sin simply because it's convenient'

moralorelpic.gif

We must have them. The modern liberal-atheist-anti-god crowd has corrupted marriage and warped to fit their own agenda. Lamech, Ismael, Jacob, Gideon, Solomon, David, Abijah-God has made it clear that Marriage is 1 man, multiple wives. only recently has society, rejecting god's word, which is true from the beginning (Psalm 119:160), adopted the concept of monogamous marriage, largely at the behest of liberals, 'progressives', 'secular' (following Satan) governments and, most recently, feminists. The united States used armed forces against the Mormons for practicing their religion and honoring God's word and the sanctity or marriage, forcing them to abandon God, their religion, and true godly polygamy. Accepting their corruption of marriage into a system that strips men of their right to multiple wives and concubines is one iof the tests. Those who accept this 'wear the mark upon their foreheads' as they accept in their heart and minds Satan's teachings and the atheist/feminist/liberal agenda.

The bible also acknowledges that Gay marriages can take place, though God disapproves and it is to be kept out of site and in private. (Jonathan’s father referred to David as his son in law in I Samuel 18:21). Samuel 18:21 also makes it clear that Jonothan';s father was aware of this union, though he strongly disapproved.

The Bible also makes it clear that is a woman is unable to conceive, or fails for some time, a man is to take his concubine or another woman, and she is to serve in his wife's stead (Abraham, Sara, and Hagar). This is a Christian country founded by Christians, and we must restore marriage to its godly and biblical form.

I have no trouble with the concept of polygamy. If everyone wants to be there it's all good, right?

--- Who in their right mind would want to take the garbage out for more than one woman? Can you imagine multiple wives giving you directions while you drove the car? How about multiple wives deciding who's parent's house you shall be having Thanksgiving dinner at? Maybe it's a good thing that you can only have one wife in this country... Might be safer that way!

:lol:

I don't get it either.

And have you noticed that it's always the men wanting many wives to care for them, service them and have their offspring? Does anyone know of a case of the reverse? Where a woman wanted/had many husbands at the same time to care for her, service her and get her pregnant? :eusa_eh:

:lol:

I don't get it either.

And have you noticed that it's always the men wanting many wives to care for them, service them and have their offspring? Does anyone know of a case of the reverse? Where a woman wanted/had many husbands at the same time to care for her, service her and get her pregnant? :eusa_eh:

Remember "Paint Your Wagon"?

A Michigan farmer and a prospector form a partnership in the California gold country. Their adventures include buying and sharing a wife, hijacking a stage, kidnaping six prostitutes, and turning their mining camp into a boomtown. Along the way there is plenty of drinking, gambling, and singing. They even find time to do some creative gold mining.

Paint Your Wagon (1969) - Plot summary

Honestly, at the time the Bible was written, polygamy made sense. Men died much earlier than women and the only way a woman would be cared for is if she was married, at least most of the time. On the flipside, many women died during childbirth, so having additional wives made sense in the fact they would be there to take care of the children if one of the wives died during childbirth.

There are many things that are written in the Bible that made sense for the time, and there are many religious doctrines that did also.

Remember "Paint Your Wagon"?

A Michigan farmer and a prospector form a partnership in the California gold country. Their adventures include buying and sharing a wife, hijacking a stage, kidnaping six prostitutes, and turning their mining camp into a boomtown. Along the way there is plenty of drinking, gambling, and singing. They even find time to do some creative gold mining.

Paint Your Wagon (1969) - Plot summary

I watched that movie with my mom. Amazing to see Clint Eastwood that young and soft ... and singing. :eek: He was good though.

My favorite part is when they're burying a man and find gold in his grave. They pull the ropes up sharply and he goes flying, as I recall. :lol:

Forum List

Back